Mallee Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
footyfan001 said:
Is there any news on departures/signings? Any news on footy trips???

Ocean grove in the bellarine league are having a decent look at wommelangs captain... is it robbins?? and how does he go??

azza32 said:
Ocean grove in the bellarine league are having a decent look at wommelangs captain... is it robbins?? and how does he go??

league best and fairest, runner up league best and fairest and two time runners-up senior coach, can play footy...

Very good call, especially about the Walpy boys going to Ouen and heading North, with Underbool going West, Underbool and Ouen won't be the same club ever I wouuldn't imagine, but the Walpy boyswould be keen to head there, most likely the Munro boys, Dan O'shan, Tim Vallance and a few of the Young lads, might even be a chance to pick up a few ex-mallee boys Living in Mildy i'd say.

As for Jay robins, I know a North-Central club are looking at him... Wont say which one though

deano1 said:
Jeez just imagine if Ouyen United did merge with Walpeup Underbool, it would have to be the most merged club ever in the history of football.
It's the league for it. Ouyen-Ouyen Rovers-Walpeup-Underbool-Tempy-Gorya-Patchewollock. Theres also Sea Lake-Nandaly-Berriwillock-Culgoa.

As much as I would hate to see the death of the Mallee League, it really does look like it's struggling to get numbers. If the teams did move into larger leagues then at least the towns would get to keep their teams.

Having played for Sea Lake a long time back, I think them playing in the Central Murray Footy League could be a good thing. There would be quite a few guys who grew up in Sea Lake-Nandaly-Berriwillock-Culgoa-Woomelang-Lascelles who now live in and around Swan Hill that could be tempted back to the club.

And by the way- C'ARN LAKE! At least they won the Reserves Premiership this season.

The Old Southern Mallee league was way steadier then the old Northern mallee league who would no longer been here today if the Merger didn';t Happen
last time i heard the leagues will be around for sometime time to come
mallee leagues not the only one struggling, might as well ad North Central to the list, might as well merger mallee and North Central proper since they are for the Interleague,

jonty15 said:
Very good call, especially about the Walpy boys going to Ouen and heading North, with Underbool going West, Underbool and Ouen won't be the same club ever I wouuldn't imagine, but the Walpy boyswould be keen to head there, most likely the Munro boys, Dan O'shan, Tim Vallance and a few of the Young lads, might even be a chance to pick up a few ex-mallee boys Living in Mildy i'd say.

As for Jay robins, I know a North-Central club are looking at him... Wont say which one though

you can't be serious? after a year of in and out of the ones, only finishing there because his brother was coach... something has happened to the poor little fella in the off season because he has come out the other side soft...

footyfan001 said:
You don't think much of Jay Robins do you gocats? Whats his problems? Which club are supposed to be looking at him?

I never said any clubs were looking at him, i just found it hard to believe that after the year that he has that any club would be looking at him... i think the world of Jay but after watchin him play this year, he is playing nothing like he has in the past, for some reason he has turned scared of the packs and to get in and get the footy

Jay has always been a pussy only looked good in his first year of seniors cause he was playing in a foward pocket on the oppositions worst backman, and he did all the showie stuff. Spectators only remember the flashy stuff after the game, not the blokes who go in and get the footy so these sheep dogs can do the flashy stuff.
If there is a Nrth Central club looking at him they must find it hard to recruit players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sekkwaa says that jay robins is an aboulute soft cok and the only reson i think a north central club would look at him is to be a water boy

up the goos[/quote]

sekkwaa your dead right. why the hell are people talking about jay robins? i find it putrid that his name has been mentioned. he plays mcgoos for a team that only just made finals and made no impact in 1's when he got a game. he's just no good. not to mention a little smart arse c u n t that needs a heck i n g good kicking.

he's just no good. not to mention a little smart arse c u n t that needs a heck i n g good kicking.[/QUOTE]

Look whos talking...:thumbsdown:

I do believe that remarks on this thread that Ouyen could be competitive in the Sunraysia Football League are way off the mark. Even if they joined with Walpeup/Underbool they would need more key position players and quality onballers. Having seen the SFL finals series this year I think it is a stretch to say any MFL team could be a serious threat to the Sunraysia league. Ouyen's best 6 players could/have played in Mildura - but the last 6 players are well below the level required.

Liam Price is a superstar.... he should play in the 1s all next year. does anyone know how he went playing seniors this year? Hopetoun won the flag in the juniors ddint they? how did price play then?

how does young turnbull go in the mallee? dylan i think it is? heard he goes alright..... just a little small?

full of beulah boys.... gaz hose, brad shannon, dale shannon, kabia, the list goes on.... stephen bell coach. only one disgrace..... dale lewis made the team. if it was 20yrs earlier when he was half good then maybe, but dale lewis is a washed up ****a. no good. dale lewis is a dog of a footballer

even with the losses Kyle george and nathan kabia doubt that make a much of a dent with beulah losses over the Years they seem to get more players to fill in the hole and don;t take long to get back up the top
i've only remember Beulah once loosing first 3 or 4 games in arow but still make the finals i remember before we merged with Warracknabeal. listerning to Footy scoreboard every saturday night

unless Beulah looses players left right and Centre they will be up their in 2007
don't get to games up north now only been to one back in 2003 at beulah

sdmlions12 said:
Sonny...what a machine of a footballer! The man is a freak, I remember watching him back in his Nhill days and it was like watching an true superstar out there. There is almost nothing he can't do on a sporting field. Now, that doesn't say much about him off the field, the bloke is a loose cannon to say the least, but once he steps on that field, there are few that come close to him. It'll be interesting to see his next movements, I can't imagine him playing with Ouyen again next year. Top effort by the boys in Ouyen.[Would have to be the most damaging footballer in Vic Country, has issues outside of footy but can play the game above most other blokes level, singlehanded took ouyen from 4th to flag,signed with a mates club in Melb early in the year but didnt like the city lifestyle, ther mans a freak]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back