Malthouse- Coach of the Year?

Remove this Banner Ad

I say yes. Because on BF, the last team to have an emphatic win always has the best coach, players, and will likely win the flag.

He's done well so far this year.

But so have Clarkson, Laidley, Thompson & Sheedy. All have exceeded expectations to a certain degree.

However, you'll have wait until Spetember to see who is th ecoach of the year.

Officially this will go to whoever wins the flag - who in all liklihood will be the one with the best cattle so its a limited concept.

If you are asking who is "adding the greatest value" I will concur with the honorable thread starter. The way MM has managed raw kids, the mindset and discipline of the team -in almost every game, the way he builds them up when they are underdogs - NO ONE comes near him.

He takes risks regularly - gets burned at times and is stunningly successful at other times. He coaches for the team unlike another long-term coach who appears to be coaching to save his own arse and get another contract.

Not sure if he will ever get a flag with this list but I firmly believe that NO ONE - including the quality coaches Eade, Woosha, Craig, Choco - the emerging talent - Clarkson, Ladley ,most certainly - the spuds - Daniher, Connelly, Lyon,Wallace or the has-beens - Pagan, Lethal & Yoda

Officially this will go to whoever wins the flag - who in all liklihood will be the one with the best cattle so its a limited concept.

If you are asking who is "adding the greatest value" I will concur with the honorable thread starter. The way MM has managed raw kids, the mindset and discipline of the team -in almost every game, the way he builds them up when they are underdogs - NO ONE comes near him.

He takes risks regularly - gets burned at times and is stunningly successful at other times. He coaches for the team unlike another long-term coach who appears to be coaching to save his own arse and get another contract.

Not sure if he will ever get a flag with this list but I firmly believe that NO ONE - including the quality coaches Eade, Woosha, Craig, Choco - the emerging talent - Clarkson, Ladley ,most certainly - the spuds - Daniher, Connelly, Lyon,Wallace or the has-beens - Pagan, Lethal & Yoda

I like your post, but didn't you forget to complete the last paragraph ??

Who is Yoda by the way ?

old arse-clown who has been maintained well beyond use by date for sentimental reasons. Is constantly asked for his opinion on things and babbles incoherent crap in response

I thought Johnny Howard should have departed years ago as well.

What's Coach of the Year anyway? It can't be measured in real terms, it's simply just a matter of opinion, and therefore not worth a great deal ... a bit like the Brownlow really.

I'm one who says the Coach of the Year is the Premiership Coach because he is the only one who couldn't have done any better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Malthouse- Coach of the Year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back