Malthouse Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think there is any doubt he has already taken the job. They would not have got rid of Ratten without an agreement with Mick. I will always be grateful for what he did for us but now he is the enemy.

Outsiders looking seem to think otherwise but from an insiders point of view Mick seems like one of the most honest and frank people in football. To me anyway.

When Ratten was going through his toughest days as coach, Mick came public saying he want's to coach again and now that he has been sacked he says he never said that he want's to coach, yet. I am losing alot of respect for him very quickly. He clearly said on 3aw that he want's to coach and that if he didn't coach next year he wouldnt coach again. That is clearly sending Carlton a message saying, hurry up and sack him becuase I want to coach you next year.

He also wrote an article saying how he couldnt dare coach against his boys ever and the heading was "Why I will never coach again". The bloke is being a flog and a selfish one, who the hell does he think he is? Talking crap every second and then prettending to be the good one.

I was Mick>Bucks fan but that has changed. Bucks put's the old man to shame with the way he conducts himself as a coach/person to the media. He has not gotten into a public feud with Mick even thou Mick was critising his game plan and being a sook. Bucks=class and Mick=sook. Carlton is exactly where people like him belong.

So our "great enemies" who "hate us so much" who love to employ our people into their terrible organisation is at it again.
Swan, Richardson, Brown, Scotland, Malthouse, and even pursuing Cloke.

However does anyone else feel that all of the above is nothing compared to keeping David Buttifant at our club? Sounds strange keeping a "sports performance" coach above our AA key forward but currently being half way through a exercise and sports science degree these A-grade people are a dime a dozen and alot less attainable than a key forward.

With the way the AFL is going and more and more focus being placed on fitness, speed, jump and athleticsm than ever, and even more if they reduce the interchange to 2 and 2 I just feel we cannot afford to lose this bloke. We have by far the most influencial and best sports performance manager in the league, if we lose him we run the risk of being the next club that appoits the next "weapon" to our club if they don't know what they're doing.

Malthouse and Buttifant are best mates and there is no doubt in my mind he will get the scum to go after him, and I know Buttifant signed a new contract but we all know in sport they mean nothing. In the past 3 years at crucial times of the year we have lost 3-4 senior assistants to coaching jobs, a coach and could potentially be looking at losing our only other experianced assistant in Eade to another coaching job. Can we also afford to lose the bloke who has so succesfully and documented that has got our club to the fittest in the league without hardly the losses that other clubs have had to soft tissue injuries? Feel free to use a captain obvious or call me a moron or whatever if you think im completely nuts.

Couldn't give a rats 2, they have been trying to buy a premiership and trying to steal one for a decade, they've been shadowing our cast offs for that same decade.

Cut price wanna be pretenders who wish they were Collingwood but the closest they can get is our rejects.

Couldn't give a rats 2, they have been trying to buy a premiership and trying to steal one for a decade, they've been shadowing our cast offs for that same decade.

Cut price wanna be pretenders who wish they were Collingwood but the closest they can get is our rejects.
The long thing you said hit the nail on the head but. For years they have been taking people WE don't want. It could even be argued that we don't want Malthouse hence why we got rid of him as he was so easily out coached in the finals series last year. But Cloke and Buttifant in particular are not rejects. Buttifant is top of the class in the league and Cloke is not far behind. We know his best football at 26 can easily be reached again and it is closed to the best in the league aswell. Money is a factor in sport now, and we need to start abusing it more to make sure this poaching of our football staff that arn't in the cap is aloud to just simply walk out the door.

I wonder if Mick knew he would be coaching Carlton when he said that he thinks Cloke is 50/50 chance to stay at Collingwood.

Well according to the The Age they said he has been in talks with them since May last year. So that would mean while still coach for Collingwood he was speaking to the arch rival. I think Caroline Wilson wrote the article so I don't know if it's true or bs but if it's true, I dont think any Collingwood fan will have respect for him much anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The long thing you said hit the nail on the head but. For years they have been taking people WE don't want. It could even be argued that we don't want Malthouse hence why we got rid of him as he was so easily out coached in the finals series last year. But Cloke and Buttifant in particular are not rejects. Buttifant is top of the class in the league and Cloke is not far behind. We know his best football at 26 can easily be reached again and it is closed to the best in the league aswell. Money is a factor in sport now, and we need to start abusing it more to make sure this poaching of our football staff that arn't in the cap is aloud to just simply walk out the door.
Cloke will go where his old man says and that is that as for Butters he still has most of a 3 year contract to serve with the Pies.

I don't think there is any doubt he has already taken the job. They would not have got rid of Ratten without an agreement with Mick. I will always be grateful for what he did for us but now he is the enemy.
I would have disagreed with you until i saw the huge pause by Kernahan today. Why couldn't he just say "we will get the best coach available"

Who cares. People act like he is the enemy. We dumped him remember. if it had been the other way round id understandGood luck to him.

a lot more to winnings a premiership than malthouse... You need the cattle and we can thank our recruiters for that
He also had a long standing relationship with our recruiter he may try to poach.

Who cares. People act like he is the enemy. We dumped him remember. if it had been the other way round id understandGood luck to him.

If he takes up the Carlton job he is the enemy. It's no act.

The thing that shits me the most is that even at the Copeland (correct me if I'm wrong) malthouse said he has always been a collingwood supporter and will always support his boys.. or something along those lines..

Yet he spitefully bags us in the media whenever he smells blood. He was talking to Carlton while he was coaching us. He derailed us last year. And from his recent actions is 100% going to carlton.

The bloke is clearly a liar with no integrity whatsoever. He states he will only coach next year and only in Melbourne. Obviously so Carlton get rid of ratten for him. Then denies any involvement with Carlton so his twisted agenda isn't made obvious to the public..

Disgusting in my opinion. ESPECIALLY because it is the enemy and he damn well knows its not gonna stick well with collingwood. I still have a soft spot for him cause of his premiership with us and I would still welcome him back in to eades roll if he took it up but if he goes to carlton he is a dog. That's the only way I can see it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Malthouse Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back