Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean that is kinda the point to restart it from top to bottom, that is Ineos plan. They've gutted the backroom and now will focus on the squad. The new cycle has started and in progress.

If they decide ETH isn't the right man for the job he has to go. If they decide he is they have to extend him.
It could also be they don't like the options this year if they sack him, so keep him until the end of his contract. Kick the can down the road while they deal with other issues first.

It could also be they don't like the options this year if they sack him, so keep him until the end of his contract. Kick the can down the road while they deal with other issues first.

I'd hope not, really think the worst thing we can do is go into a new season with a manager on egg shells with one year left on his deal.

I know it was a horrid season but we did have the most injuries out of any other club, never had a settled team, multiple of players well down on form and issues off the pitch.

ETH has made 3 cup finals, won 2, finished 3rd last season, he may not be ‘the guy’ but with the options out there I’m happy for him to stay and if INEOS want him long term I’ll back that.

Interesting that there are reports coming out that INEOS have some rules going forward for ETH/Managers:

• No signings over the age of 25.
  • Managers will no longer identify transfer targets. They will idenitfy positions they want to strengthen and INEOS will do all the groundwork and research on potential targets before giving the manager a 3 player shorlist to choose from.
  • In terms of style of play, a clear philosophy will be set out by technical director Jason Wilcox.

I think these may mean that Ten Hag is likely to be extended as they seem to focus on the major complaints that most have with Ten Hag (transfers and his reliance on his Eredivise/Ajax connections) and his style of play. Taking these out of his control could work wonders for him.

Interesting that there are reports coming out that INEOS have some rules going forward for ETH/Managers:

• Managers will no longer identify transfer targets. They will idenitfy positions they want to strengthen and INEOS will do all the groundwork and research on potential targets before giving the manager a 3 player shorlist to choose from.
  • In terms of style of play, a clear philosophy will be set out by technical director Jason Wilcox.

I think these may mean that Ten Hag is likely to be extended as they seem to focus on the major complaints that most have with Ten Hag (transfers and his reliance on his Eredivise/Ajax connections) and his style of play. Taking these out of his control could work wonders for him.

Fairly sure that all started with The Sun so I'd say it's basically garbage.

This is a ridiculous rule.

No issue with the bulk being under 25, but to have a blanket rule like this is silly.

This is spot on and it's not a criticism of EtH.

It's the way it should always be at every club.

Set out by Wilcox and presented to EtH and the coaching staff? Or set out with the input of the staff?

The former doesn't make a lot of sense to me, how can you set a style without the direct input of the coach and his staff?

He signed players that he knew/trusted because the people above were incompetent and had no other plans. He couldn't do everything on his own.

He signed players that he knew/trusted because the people above were incompetent and had no other plans. He couldn't do everything on his own.

Big step up from Eredivisie to the Prem though as Antony has found out. Licha has been a success when he as stayed on the park though.

So I was scrolling past Amazon Prime and saw “99”. 😳

I had no idea that was a thing. Something new to watch.
Mentioned it earlier in this thread. Is a nice nostalgia hit of when we were dominant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

each episode focuses on each cup.

Thanks mate. Can’t wait to get stuck in.

So glad streaming services are finally focussing on us from those days or at least big winners from that period. Ferguson, Beckham, 99.

Thanks mate. Can’t wait to get stuck in.

So glad streaming services are finally focussing on us from those days or at least big winners from that period. Ferguson, Beckham, 99.
I honestly didn't overly enjoy it. nothing really new in terms of what we didn't already know. The All or Nothing series has been good with Arsenal and Spurs.

I honestly didn't overly enjoy it. nothing really new in terms of what we didn't already know. The All or Nothing series has been good with Arsenal and Spurs.

Just watched the 3 episodes. Yeah, I did enjoy it but it’s more for the nostalgic kick you get from it. We’ve seen it all and knew the full story from over 25 years ago. Modern programs like All of Nothing will probably always be more interesting since they have a camera crew following the club around and you see stuff you wouldn’t normally see.

Well, at least the majority of you guys here only have one bald headed idiot coach ruining your sporting fun.

Just goes to show just how poorly the Eagles played against you. Next level shitness, you would have thought you were cruising to wins against Hawks and Tigers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back