Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Outs almost as important as Ins at this stage. We have so much deadwood.
I’d like to see the new ownership come in next time a player tries to pull power or cause trouble call them out publicly and ship them off.

Sounds like our off field structure is complete with Ashworth and Vivell joining.

Time to complete some of these transfers (De Ligt, Ugarte, Zirkzee).

Would also like to see some youth purchased. Assume Wilcox will have a big impact here.

If we can sell Lindelof, Malacia, Casemiro, Pellestri, Van De Beek, Hannibal and Sancho then we will have done well. Antony leaving looks difficult with fee and wages.

I'd expect the following academy players to be regularly training with the first team and on the bench next season if they aren't loaned:
  • Collyer
  • Kambwala
  • Amass (Luke Shaw clone)
  • Lacey
  • Wheatley
  • Jack Fletcher

Not sure if it has been discussed on here in a while but I wouldn't rule out Greenwood playing for us next season. Ratcliffe doesn't seem to care about public opinion.

The big danger with De Ligt is his health, but from a financial POV, I get it. €50 million vs £75+ million for Branthwaite and the difference in ability between the two might be negligible.

The big thing about the structures at the clubs changing, handing out lower wages etc, is in future player sales. If Maguire and Antony are difficult ones to sell because of their wages, we might not have the same issues trying to sell players we are going to buy in the future.

Last edited:
The big danger with De Ligt is his health, but from a financial POV, I get it. €50 million vs £75+ million for Branthwaite and the difference in ability between the two might be negligible.

The big thing about the structures at the clubs changing, handing out lower wages etc, is in future player sales. If Maguire and Antony are difficult ones to sell because of their wages, we might not have the same issues trying to sell players we are going to buy in the future.
I’ve read some reports that they’re trying to haggle de ligt down to 34 mil euros.

If they can get him for that give the negotiator a raise!

I’ve read some reports that they’re trying to haggle de ligt down to 34 mil euros.

If they can get him for that give the negotiator a raise!

Would be a bargain. Sort out De Ligt's injury proneness and he hasn't even reached his peak yet, so we would have a potential world class defender on our hands.

In other news, INEOS have triggered the +1 year contract extension for ETH. Very good move, imo. Talk of giving him 2-3 more years on top of his existing deal by some media outlets was crazy/stupid. 2 more years is enough for him to show us that he can turn us into a team that can challenge for every trophy consistently.

Now time for Ashworth to step up and sell McTominay and Maguire amongst others.

Would be a bargain. Sort out De Ligt's injury proneness and he hasn't even reached his peak yet, so we would have a potential world class defender on our hands.

In other news, INEOS have triggered the +1 year contract extension for ETH. Very good move, imo. Talk of giving him 2-3 more years on top of his existing deal by some media outlets was crazy/stupid. 2 more years is enough for him to show us that he can turn us into a team that can challenge for every trophy consistently.
He's contracted until the end of 2026 now :)

He's contracted until the end of 2026 now :)

Yeh, he had 1 more year left on his contract already and now, he's got another year added onto that which INEOS have triggered as part of his existing deal.

Some media outlets were reporting he could end up with a new contract until end of 27/28, which would have been overkill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back