Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Chido Obi Martin has accepted to join United, extremely highly rated Arsenal kid. Let me tell you he can and will play. Greenwood who?

Have to say, this is a pretty exciting off-season.
Only if we actually make the deals, outs as well as ins we are looking to do. At this stage we have replaced Varane with Yoro and Martial with Zirksee and might bring in the arsenal kid. We haven't got rid of any deadwood yet. The midfield is the same, and as it stands guys like Maguire, mctominay, eriksen, wan bissaka, lindelof will all still be playing games. Not going to trouble the top 4 with that lot all still in the team.

Only if we actually make the deals, outs as well as ins we are looking to do. At this stage we have replaced Varane with Yoro and Martial with Zirksee and might bring in the arsenal kid. We haven't got rid of any deadwood yet. The midfield is the same, and as it stands guys like Maguire, mctominay, eriksen, wan bissaka, lindelof will all still be playing games. Not going to trouble the top 4 with that lot all still in the team.
Sounds like Wan Bissaka and McTominay are gone, though.

The ins and outs will happen, but what makes this transfer window exciting is who INEOS are identifying to buy.

We have gone from buying Eriksen, Ronaldo, Varane, Casemiro types, dare I say because that is the only types Arnold/Murtoghe were capable of blowing money to buy, to buying young players who wouldn’t have even been on Arnold/Murtoghe‘s radar.

That’s what happens when you have a full roster of football people running the football department instead of having people who wouldn’t have even known who Yoro was.

With yoro out for 3 months, I’d suspect that the de ligt transfer will gain more momentum as we can’t catch a break at CB.

That is damn annoying. De Ligt has just become so much important.

I admire INEOS' resilience in trying to change the perception of us not throwing silly money at buying players we want but the damage the bankers have done will take some time to fix yet.

You've still got average players on inflated wages holding the club to ransom when deemed not needed by the manager which makes it hard to refresh the squad, so basically, it's either pay up or get 2nd/3rd choice targets. Sucks either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, whilst I'm super happy with what INEOS has done overall, they're still hamstrung by the incompetence of the buffoons before them.

We need to sell but can't due to ridiculous wages these players are on.

Very confident we're on the right track, but feel we won't see true sustained momentum until these players are all gone, either sold or having run their contract down because why the **** would they go elsewhere for more work and less money?

Remove this Banner Ad

Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back