Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice. MdL and Mazroui sorted in time for Fulham.

Next, Ugarte.

Good to have the AWB deal confirmed. Always liked him, good luck to him.

Still a lot of work to be done on outgoings - Sancho, Lindelof, Hannibal, McTominay, Ericksen, Pellistri.

Sancho first. Get him out and I give this window 10/10.

Re: Shaw, disappointed but not surprised. Great when fit but we must move on.

We really need to start the season well and get a good win against Fulham. This will give us some confidence.

Top 4 is going to challenging to get but I'm hoping we can sneak in there. Will probably finish between 5th and 8th.

If we don't get Champions League football Ten Hag might be gone if not earlier depending on how the season goes.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruno had to score at least one of his chances and that Garnacho miss was pathetic.

Good to see Zirkzee score on debut.

Good thing was we didnt give up 78 shots on goal like last year

Not holding my breath, but I get the feeling ETH is going to stick to starting Maguire ahead of De Ligt for the time being, a bit like when we got Casemiro and McTominay kept playing.

Mason Mount is one of the worst signings we’ve made in recent times, he’s very average and doesn’t have a place in our team, you cannot play him in midfield and move Bruno to play striker, terrible. Rashford also shouldn’t be starting, Amad & Garnacho on the wings please and Zirkzee upfront until Rasmus is ready.

It probably is going to be another long season ahead, for whatever reason ETH cannot get us playing better football, 3rd season in charge this is the year we ‘MUST’ see progress otherwise he’s out the door.

Defensively that was probably a better performance that any game last season bar the FA Cup Final. Great pressing from the front for 90% of the game and a high defensive line which led to less gaps between the lines and a few opportunities to score from front line pressure. If Bruno buried one or both of those opportunities the narrative would be so much different.

Maguire was excellent, Licha a wee bit rusty, Masraoui looked really composed and Dalot solid against Traore for the most part. Some nice interplay between midfield and forwards at times, but this will improve if we can keep as tight off the ball as we were today.

Platform is there for how we want to play and in a few weeks I reckon we will be looking pretty ****ing solid, especially if we can get Ugarte who would be ace in the second line of pressing, leading to more opportunities off the intercept.

Nice start.

I am happy enough wiht that.

New players, a few injuries, shorter preparations...we were never going to be anywhere near our best, and Fulham can be tricky to play against.

Thought we were very good defensively outside a few nervy moments. Maguire was excellent and I thought Mazraoui played very well also.

Midfield still needs bolstering. Mainoo looked gassed not long after half time.

Forward third was a mess but I'm not hugely concerned by that, Bruno ain't no striker.

Deserved the win and probably could've had a few more but 3 points is 3 points and it's the start we wanted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back