Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh yeah, I definitely see the point in regards to the injuries.

As I said, its a tough call for mine. I'd prefer to retain due to his talent but that's just me. However, if a big offer were to come in for him, we would be crazy not to accept it.

He's one I'd move on in a heartbeat but I accept there are others more likely to move. Certainly there are others who we need to get rid of, who will be significantly easier to move.

Nobody is coming in with a significant offer for Shaw. Talent + high wages + low availability + significant injury history is not an attractive proposition for any club, no matter how much money they have or how dumb they are with their recruitment.

As with most of our players on high wages, we're going to struggle to sell him for anything half reasonable.

He's got a contract through to the end of the 2027 season, which is complete negligence by the buffoons who signed off on it. I'll bet we're here in 2.5 years time talking about how good it is that his contract is finally running out.

Are Juve seriously going to swap Chiesa for Sancho?
What happened with Chiesa? I don't follow serie A but recall him at the euros a few years ago being very good

Nobody is coming in with a significant offer for Shaw. Talent + high wages + low availability + significant injury history is not an attractive proposition for any club, no matter how much money they have or how dumb they are with their recruitment.

As with most of our players on high wages, we're going to struggle to sell him for anything half reasonable.

Well yeah, that was the point I was trying to make. If somebody is stupid enough to make a big offer, then sell him without hesitation but that is unlikely going to happen so I'm happy to retain him based on talent.

Speaking of contracts, apparently, most of our players have a clause in their contracts that when sold, they get a % of the transfer fee that needs to be negotiated, which is what holds up sales on our end. Some more incompetence from the previous regime.

Over to you ETH. I have a feeling he might be exposed, even more, now. There would also be a lot of candidates for his job, now we're being run professionally and the incoming talent.
We still have a couple that need to go and maybe a couple of positions still needing upgrades, but he has no excuses now to be winning more regularly and pushing top 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not even worried about Sterling happening, because everything we’ve seen from Ineos is that they just wouldn’t go there. How many players have the media linked us with this summer and some of the names have given off Arnold, Woodward, Murtogue vibes.

All five senior signings are below a certain age, the teenage signings are with a view to the future. Signing Sterling would take us back to the days of Ronaldo (Part 2), Varane, Casemiro, Eriksen, Zlatan, Ighalo. This club is trying to sell off our deadwood (Casemiro and Eriksen will be gone within the next 12 months), not add to it. I am confident this is a non-starter.

Lazio now trying to sign Lindelof.

Sheesh, this window just gets better and better.

If we can offload Sancho and Lindelof asap, can see us signing another player or two (not Sterling).
dont know why but still have a hunch the Branthwaite deal is not completely dead.
Everton look a shamble so why not sell him when his value is high.

dont know why but still have a hunch the Branthwaite deal is not completely dead.
Everton look a shamble so why not sell him when his value is high.
If we sell Lindelof maybe need another CB... If we could (he wont go) sell Maguire then absolutely

Speaking of contracts, apparently, most of our players have a clause in their contracts that when sold, they get a % of the transfer fee that needs to be negotiated, which is what holds up sales on our end. Some more incompetence from the previous regime.

That can't be right, surely?

I really don't think we could have expected much more in one window, very happy with what has gone on.

Yep, I agree.

We have so much to be done thanks to years of mismanagement, but we also have to be realistic. It can't all be done in the one window.

Most impressive aspects for me is the off-field staff restructure. Everything good with player movement stems directly from that IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back