Manchester United thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Louis confirmed Chicha will get more opportunities and there might be a surprise signing up front, but it's a "process". He also said he is not worried about our striking department.

Personally, with our current squad, i think we could finish 2nd. Adding Otamendi will help us challenge for the title. But to really be a force again, we need a second quality-world class defender

Is there a rumour of Pedro coming over to OT?
Yep, according to the Telegraph, ESPN and other sources.
They're saying he might be a replacement for di Maria but perhaps we want both in the squad?
We'd be solid on the wings so i can see LVG playing Pedro as a striker.
Not sure how he'd go leading the line in the league though

Joe Rothwell scored on his debut for Barnsley. Kid is a jet but plays as a AM/10. Not sure he'll get the opportunities he needs to develop at United. Supposedly, Pearson & Rothwell are on loan at Barnsley until January, when they will be loaned to a championship side for the remainder of the season. I'm hopeful Rothwell in particular will get a sniff of first team action with us next season.

In other news, Callum Gribbin scored a brace for the u18's on the weekend. Pretty surprised he's not in the u21's as that's where he played at the end of last season. Josh Harrop also snagged a goal on the weekend. Has serious talent (England u21's) but is constantly injured.

Edit: Warren Joyce expects more of the u21's to head out on loan and a lot of the u18's to step up. Name dropped Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah. Would expect Gribbin and Rashford to be promoted too.

Some reports suggesting we have cooled on Otamendi. I wonder what has happened there - priced out of it?
LVG doesn't want him.

I think it's more to do with Ramos and we don't think he is worth the 35m buyout which means it'll go to deadline day and we'll pay it as Ramos isn't coming.

Ramos would cost way to much.

Also read that we will be 'ok' to just have Rooney to lead the line if we can't sign a striker this window. That's a joke and a half.

Really concerned with our lack of activity on the defenders, need to sign Otamendi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think we have a lack of activity, we are being linked with two very good CBs.

We've bid for Ramos but it is intertwined with DDG.

We are reluctant to pay the buyout price for Otamendi. His manager has been mouthy that he wants to negotiate a lower fee, Otamendi was also absent from the clubs launch.

Screw choosing between Ramos and Otamendi
whynotboth.gif

I think di Maria will leave and we'll sign Pedro. He's a level down but still a very good player and one that may adjust to the league better

A fit and firing ADM wins us the league. He is more than capable of a 2013/14 Suarez season and more.
If we play with a double central pairing consisting of two of Carrick, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger and Herrera we may actually be able to cover ADM's propensity for being allergic to running in the direction of his own goal. A liberated Di Maria playing expressive football would be very dangerous.

LVG says were in the "process" of signing a "surprise striker" and has not been mentioned by the media.

Also we have Chicharito [Hernandez] and maybe Wilson and maybe there comes a surprise. It's a process. Hernandez is coming [to join us on the tour] on July 25.

Surprise striker who the media haven't reported on.....who could it be?

we need more campaigners in our team. A new Cantona if you will.....

images

Dare to Zlatan :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back