Manual or automatic?

Remove this Banner Ad

A mate of mine recently bought a late model S2000 which was auto. He brought it over to a mate's house one poker night and a few of the guys came out to see it. When some of them realised it was an auto they started laughing and bagging this bloke. I think you were there... Unbelieveable...

It does seem a bit odd that you'd buy a sports car that does it's best work over 5000rpm in auto format.

If you have a lazy torquey engine that doesn't need revving then I think auto is preferred.

Let's be honest, if you're driving a 1.6 with auto you need your head read, wheras driving a 4.0 litre Falcon with 400nm of torque, you'd be mad to go manual.

Can't stand Autos, I get in a car occasionally that I have to drive and its Auto and I'm banging my foot down trying to find a Clutch pedal. Its annoying, especially when I go from a Gas forklift to electric, I want to rev damnit.

I learnt to drive in a manual and auto. my first car was a manual. 2nd car i had for about 4 years was auto. ended up getting so sick of it. Love having a manual again!

I learned to drive a manual, I bought a manual car. So all manual for me. I've had my opens for almost 2 years now. My gf drives an auto and I really don't enjoy driving it at all. I don't know if it's because it's a bigger car than mine or because it's auto but I would feel a lot safer to be honest if it was a manual than auto.

I love my small manual car, next car will be a manual too! I am no good driving an auto.. just used to manual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Manual or automatic?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back