Marco Rodriguez, referee that gave Cahill red, dishes out ANOTHER ridiculous red card

Remove this Banner Ad

After thorough analysis of that clip, there was absolutely no contact and Torres was clearly shot after he had passed the Chiliean player.

Epic dive.

I was watching this last night and gotta say, im steaming. The ref didnt even see the player go down yet he still called it! How can you call something you didnt see!!! basic umpiring!
Whats stopping all the other players from taking random dives in the box and being awarded a penalty just coz they squirmed on the ground like a sisi for 5min?

On another note, my dad says this ref is know as "The vampire" in mexico due to his appearance and that he is a bloke that loves the spotlight and controlling matches with his controversiality.:thumbsdown:
because there are these two guys also out there called "Referee's Assistants". Consult your dictionary for the meaning of those words.

Looks similar to this one against us..

torresdive.gif

slomo.gif

Looks similar to this one against us..

torresdive.gif

That's just him tripping over though, I remember it happening and thinking how shit a decision it was to pay him a free-kick, but you can't say he tried to milk a kick out of that, he didn't plead for a free-kick or throw his arms out, that was just a bad call by the referee.

Epic example of blindness.

They touched and I think that is evident by the fact that the Chile guy stumbles and looks at Torres briefly.

Having said that I can't believe you said it wasn't a dive. He looks like he either got shot in the right shoulder area or got punched in the face by a vicious hook.

That's just him tripping over though, I remember it happening and thinking how shit a decision it was to pay him a free-kick, but you can't say he tried to milk a kick out of that, he didn't plead for a free-kick or throw his arms out, that was just a bad call by the referee.

That was sort of the point of me posting it. Both similar incidents but in that one, he didn't make the most of it regardless of contact or not whereas against Chile he did.

because there are these two guys also out there called "Referee's Assistants". Consult your dictionary for the meaning of those words.

So tell me then, how come this outcome resulted? if assistant referees are really that useful and functional, then where the hell were they?!

I tell you, these guys are useless, i saw a ball go out and the referee incorrectly awarded it to the other team. Where was the assistance referee? On the other side of the ground!!!! WHAT A JOKE!

And one more thing, cant you tell when someone is exagerating? seriously -_-

So tell me then, how come this outcome resulted? if assistant referees are really that useful and functional, then where the hell were they?!

I tell you, these guys are useless, i saw a ball go out and the referee incorrectly awarded it to the other team. Where was the assistance referee? On the other side of the ground!!!! WHAT A JOKE!

And one more thing, cant you tell when someone is exagerating? seriously -_-
They are on the sidelines, with flags in their hands. You may have heard them called linesmen, when they are much more than that.

You obviously don't follow Football too much because you'll know that the assistant referees go down one touchline and cover only half the field. Refs make many mistakes like that in games, its not easy to see who touched it last etc.

Why doesn't FIFA show some ****ing balls and ban Torres for the rest of the world cup. He clearly deserves it for cheating the game, players will stop trying to cheat the refs when they know they can be done after the fact.

The sport needs to do something about this bullshit.

Who cares if the punishment may be too harsh for the crime, it's the best way to strangle it out of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why doesn't FIFA show some ****ing balls and ban Torres for the rest of the world cup. He clearly deserves it for cheating the game, players will stop trying to cheat the refs when they know they can be done after the fact.

The sport needs to do something about this bullshit.

Who cares if the punishment may be too harsh for the crime, it's the best way to strangle it out of the game.

I'd love it to happen (not Torres but that twat from Ivory Coast) but I won't be holding my breath.

They touched and I think that is evident by the fact that the Chile guy stumbles and looks at Torres briefly.

Having said that I can't believe you said it wasn't a dive. He looks like he either got shot in the right shoulder area or got punched in the face by a vicious hook.

Diving is going to ground without being fouled. Torres was clearly fouled.

Everything else is milking or trying to make it really obvious to the ref. This has been happening constantly this WC - probably 20 to 30 times per game. I don't condone it, but all the pages on him today are clearly because he's Fernando Torres.

I'd love it to happen (not Torres but that twat from Ivory Coast) but I won't be holding my breath.
Ban them ALL. They need an MRP. They need video replays, they need to be in communication with a video ref. They can't keep up and constantly make big mistakes. We're going to see a wave of divers like Torres and Ronaldo if you continue to let them get away with it.

And for that matter, have an official time keeper, reduce halves to 40 minutes and that will kill the fake injuries and the amount of time wasted.

Ok I know it's not AFL but nobody enjoys watching that bullshit.

Everything else is milking or trying to make it really obvious to the ref. This has been happening constantly this WC - probably 20 to 30 times per game. I don't condone it, but all the pages on him today are clearly because he's Fernando Torres.

What? At best he was touched not fouled. Also, if he had just fallen down because of the contact (which really was minimal) then that's something else, but he was rolling around for the best part of a few minutes, and at points clutching his face, that IS a dive.

Well I think your defense of him is clearly because he's Fernando Torres.

It was a dive and an ugly one and the kind of rubbish which needs to be stamped out of the game.

And Bradesmaen you made a remark about the linesman - do you realise the referee didn't consult his linesman?

So he made a decision without seeing what happened because Torres was on the ground and from memory may have even motioned something about an arm - I'd have to see it again but I don't think he even went anywhere near his assistant so you can't say that's how he saw it because

1. he wasn't looking
2. he didn't consult his linesman

the other thing - what happens if that dude who was sent off blocks iniesta's shot - he's an ineligible player on the field at that time - kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

What? At best he was touched not fouled. Also, if he had just fallen down because of the contact (which really was minimal) then that's something else, but he was rolling around for the best part of a few minutes, and at points clutching his face, that IS a dive.

Would you want to run with me on a brick road (since you seem to believe he wasn't fouled and I presume by that you believe he could've stayed on his feet)? I'll be running just behind you and I'll only gently touch your foot.

How you describe diving is not my idea of it. Diving is deliberately going to ground without being fouled.

Borgsta said:
Well I think your defense of him is clearly because he's Fernando Torres.

I know, I know. If I say something good about Torres, it's because he's Spanish. If I say something bad, it's because he plays in England.

Been there numerous times.

Bradesmaen said:
It wasn't a dive, it was milking it. Two very different things.

Amazing how hard it is for some to get this concept.

And Bradesmaen you made a remark about the linesman - do you realise the referee didn't consult his linesman?

So he made a decision without seeing what happened because Torres was on the ground and from memory may have even motioned something about an arm - I'd have to see it again but I don't think he even went anywhere near his assistant so you can't say that's how he saw it because

1. he wasn't looking

the other thing - what happens if that dude who was sent off blocks iniesta's shot - he's an ineligible player on the field at that time - kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but he isn't ineligible until he actually gets sent off. The ref was calling advantage, so if anyone from Chille would have interfered with that advantage he probably would have pulled it back and given the foul. Although the shot was well and truly after the 'foul' so it could have been play on until a stoppage in which case he would have then sent off Estrada.

1. he wasn't looking

Did you realise you're an idiot? You did? damn.

Anyhow, they have these things called microphones and earpieces.

I know, I know. If I say something good about Torres, it's because he's Spanish. If I say something bad, it's because he plays in England.

Been there numerous times.

Ah not really as I mostly agree with what you say RE. English football.

Amazing how hard it is for some to get this concept.

Only your definition of diving is correct? Slightly arrogant perhaps. I view the 2 no different and despise both equally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back