Maric - reprimand, will play vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

The MRP also looked at Tambling's attempted spoil, which resulted in Sandilands receiving a poke in the eye. No action taken as it was the accidental result of a legitimate attempt to spoil. At least they got that decision right.

Can anyone explain how Campbell Brown's deliberate elbow to Ward's head was adjudged to be "reckless"? How was it not deliberate?

The MRP also looked at Tambling's attempted spoil, which resulted in Sandilands receiving a poke in the eye. No action taken as it was the accidental result of a legitimate attempt to spoil. At least they got that decision right.

Can anyone explain how Campbell Brown's deliberate elbow to Ward's head was adjudged to be "reckless"? How was it not deliberate?
What did Brown get for that?

What did Brown get for that?
He got done for both the Ward & Hall hits.

Ward
Reckless (???), medium impact, high contact = 3rd level striking charge = 225 pts
That gets increased to 272.5 because of his previous record.

Hall
Reckless, low impact, high contact = 2nd level "forceful contact" = 250 pts
Once again, add 20% because of his bad record = 300pts.

Grand Total = 572.5 pts

That means he gets 5 weeks off if he contests the charges, or 4 weeks if he pleads guilty. Should have got 4 weeks for the Ward hit alone, plus the 2 for attempting to remove Hall's head from his shoulders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe Maric's one was even looked at..

and LOL at the Ward incident being deemed less serious than the Hall one. He deliberately elbowed the guy in the face outside the play. :confused:

If Maric plays Brogan will be best on ground again.

Possibly right. I was almost hoping that Maric got rubbed out after last week.

However Jacobs isn't ready yet, and if its Moran v Brogan they'lll be talking about Brogan in AA terms.

I'd like to seee McKernan do a fair bit of the ruckwork along with Tippett, with McKernan capable of jumping over Brogan and Tippett with a height advantage.

Win the clearances and we'll win the game.

Win the clearances and we'll win the game.
That's what I thought about last week's game. For all our bagging of Maric (and rightly so) and Adelaide's lack of effort, the Crows did actually win the clearances against Freo.. yet we still lost by 4 goals. Disappointing.

That's what I thought about last week's game. For all our bagging of Maric (and rightly so) and Adelaide's lack of effort, the Crows did actually win the clearances against Freo.. yet we still lost by 4 goals. Disappointing.

Our accuracy on goal was much worse than the game vs Hawwthorn, though. 16.9 compared to 7.12.

Additionally, the defensive pressure in the forward line was nonexistant vs Freo - very unlike our usual game. It was bouncing inside 50 and rebouding straight back out.

Maric was worst on by far.
Case and point in the second half when Sandi was off. Tippett pretty much took over number 1 duties. Now this may have been to get him a touch as he was next door to useless too, but youd think that when the oppositions number 1 goes off and they are left with Kepler in the ruck, our number 1 should have a field day. But no, Maric continues to get worse.

Bring back Trent Ormond Allen

Remove this Banner Ad

Maric - reprimand, will play vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back