As a Crow fan, how will YOU handle it if Port Power win the Flag this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

I couldn’t care if port won it however the supports will frustrate me and that’s what why I won’t be supporting them this September
They ain’t going to win. They are not good enough. Their talent is not comparable to other top teams. By George, happy to be renamed or cancel my BF account if the impossible happens.

They ain’t going to win. They are not good enough. Their talent is not comparable to other top teams. By George, happy to be renamed or cancel my BF account if the impossible happens.
I feel the complete opposite and see them winning it, they’re definitely good enough. I hope they choke Thursday

I feel the complete opposite and see them winning it, they’re definitely good enough. I hope they choke Thursday
well mate I am sure we both hope you are wrong! i actually think they will beat Cats in the QF at AO for the 3rd time in 5 years (paying 1.47 so pretty strong faves) and they seem to match up well against Cats.

No doubt Crows choked in 2017 GF but nothing compared to Powers early 2000's chokes - year after year. That QF vs Pies - without Buckley - was the biggest choke I can remember. SO many individual moments that would haunt the players forever. Ditto vs Swans a year or 2 later. They should have won more than one flag in that period. And being at The G 00on THAT day in 2007 makes our 2017 effort pale into insignificance.

Would love to see one of the Sydney teams win it and dont mind the Dogs.

I have planned a holiday for the 2 weeks in October incase Port does pull it off.
GWS or Lions are the teams I would most like to see win it. GWS is 6-1 for the flag only slightly behind Power at 5.5-1

They have positioned themselves very well to potentially land a home prelim final, win that and no matter how good the opposition is on GF day, injuries, umpiring etc can change the outcome of the game very easily.

Regardless, they will have only equaled our record of flags in the AFL and it took them 27 years to potentially achieve this. Not to mention more than likely to have yet beaten a Victorian team at the G on GF day compared to ours.

I genuinely don't understand why anyone cares

They won it in 2004 and it was literally crickets on Grand Final night because ultimately no one cared.

Sure, your port fan friends might he a but lippy for a couple of weeks but its literally forgotten once the draft happens.

2004 was to soon after 97/98 I think.

They have been my pick for a few months. There midfield is considerably better this year and not comparable to other years. JHF is the type of player that can take them all the way though some indervidual brilliance.

They will thrash Geelong this week, the prelim and GF are probably 50/50 games no matter who they play but you only need a bit of luck in key moments and it can change a game.

You seem to know so MUCH about their history though reading your historical postings. I didn’t realise Choco left Power mainly due to money reasons but “could have still earnt a very good wage if he remained”. Exceptional knowledge of an opposition club :)

EDIT mcleod at 50 lines it up

As per one of your very first posts below. Virtually all of them on “non-crows” threads which is a little strange when joining a crows forum for a true crows fan. Quick question mate.

Can I please ask why you needed to clarify who “we” meant. Any crows fan posting on a crows forum that says “we” clearly and unambiguously means our beloved tri-colours of the Crows. Why did you feel the need to clarify who “we” meant (as you were bagging us and praising Port on your initial posts upon joining) by putting the Crow’s in brackets? Please explain :)

not bait but we (the crows) are missing that genuine full time mid, which are pretty hard to get and who was available via trade, we spent a lot of our draft capital on smaller flanks who can rotate through there potentially but are probably never going to be the main guy. so I respect what ports list management has done compared to us but that doesn't stop me enjoying their spring chokes too.
lol dude i never said that, i said that mark williams would jump at the opportunity to coach again including us and that when they were in financial difficulty he was paid top dollar when he could have taken less and still been very well off, but he didn't, so his supposed love of port only extends so far...

also what's with this stalking of posts trying to infer i'm port supporter, it's embarrassing, the last time you did it i thought poor guy I'll let him be and now you're at it again, makes ya look a few cents short of a dollar 😃

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the year to bradbury a flag so see what happens.

Go orange team.

Also the hawks played some attractive footy this year so why not.

lol dude i never said that, i said that mark williams would jump at the opportunity to coach again including us and that when they were in financial difficulty he was paid top dollar when he could have taken less and still been very well off, but he didn't, so his supposed love of port only extends so far...

also what's with this stalking of posts trying to infer i'm port supporter, it's embarrassing, the last time you did it i thought poor guy I'll let him be and now you're at it again, makes ya look a few cents short of a dollar 😃
Last post from me but FYI have posted Crows Board Moderators a detailed list of your postings which in summary clearly show me you are not a crows fan. NEVER ONCE said anything positive about the Crows, bagging both Reids constantly, praising Power and JHF over and over, having to clarify 'we' actually being the Crows, and lots lots more.

The games up old mate. Pretty pathetic anyone coming on to an oppositions board and pretending (very badly) to be a crows fan when ALL available evidence (as sent thru to Mods) shows the opposite is true. .

Now have (and go get) a good life. Goodbye

(a few summary points below before a VERY detailed and incriminating message sent)

- starts posting life on non Crows thread with nothing but praise for Power and little pokes at Crows

- in an early post uses 'we' and then puts in brackets (the Crows) - who does this when they follow a team they just post we without feeling the need to clarify. Dead giveaway

- repeats the same positive stuff over and over re Power, esp JHF (at least a DOZEN posts). How they never had to fall down the ladder to rebuild etc

- has NEVER said ONE positive thing about the Crows. Even when posting when the Crows beat Power in first showdown this year he makes a point about Powers excellent midfield.

- ALWAYS finds ways to criticise the club (from Curtin posting on social media, Henderson becoming an AA player at Hawks, Rankines midfield days may be over due to hamstrings, TT losing contested marking ability, Crows NOT able to successfully develop KPD in SANFL (absolutely wrong over the decades), saying we should have traded up for Pav at pick 4 when it wasnt an option back then, questioning club changing name in indigenous round, constant bagging of our drafting and trading.

- seems to know alot about Powers history even mentioning Williams could have stayed and still been on good money
has good political awareness re historical events and some language used is suss (eg even his wife acting as stengle's agent is a bit dodgy. it's been spoken about by many people within aborigional welfare that the "gatekeepers" make a career of campaigning on superficialities that really don't matter at the grassroots)

- has been called out or questioned re his motivations by a number of posters

It won’t bother me. It probably would have bothered me once upon a time. There was a period where I used to get as much pleasure in Port losing as I did in Crows winning. But honestly it doesn’t bother me anymore. Someone has to win. If it’s not us does it really matter who?

In a way it's pretty much this. There are two teams that can win the flag. Us, or Not Us. It's about to be Not Us for the 26th time in a row.

In a way it's pretty much this. There are two teams that can win the flag. Us, or Not Us. It's about to be Not Us for the 26th time in a row.
It’s interesting. Our first flag was 97 and then 20 years later we had another crack. Ports first flag was 04. 20 years later they may get another crack. Of course the 119 saga messes up the pattern lol

It won’t bother me. It probably would have bothered me once upon a time. There was a period where I used to get as much pleasure in Port losing as I did in Crows winning. But honestly it doesn’t bother me anymore. Someone has to win. If it’s not us does it really matter who?

If they win it then good luck to them and maybe just maybe wake up the mother****ers in power at our club.

The thing that concerns me is that there is every chance they'll come up against a non-Victorian team on grand final day. We know what that means. Moreover, there is only one MCG tenant in the eight - Hawthorn. If Port makes the granny and faces a non-Victorian side, it would be the first grand final in 18 years (and only the third ever) without a Victorian club. That would be another, and massive, kiss on the dick.

Remove this Banner Ad

As a Crow fan, how will YOU handle it if Port Power win the Flag this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back