Opinion Mark Blake

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're funny.

Clearly Ottens is Geelong's number 1 ruckman but being out injured (and with King being sent to help out St Kilda) Blake was the next in line - hence he becomes the current #1 ruckman.

The guy hasn't been a standout in his games (although was better last year than his previous 2 years at the club) and his effort in Rd 2 was easily his best game of his career for mine. The contested ruck was just a highlight that I feel should be shown so he knows what he is capable of.

But enough of me justifying myself to you - I'll simply say this. I'll happily back Blake over....who are AFC's ruckmen??

Jon Griffin *chuckles*, Ivan Maric *laughs louder*, Brad Moran?? Too funny. Do these guys take a contested mark every 10 minutes?? I'm so sure they don't I won't even bother checking the stats.

You better hope that Biglands can come back after his two knee re-cos. Would hate to see Tippett forced in there.
I don't care who's out injured, been traded etc..
Blake was No. 1 ruckman last week and thats sad.
This is AFL football, not GDFL where his performances could be excused.
You say last week was his best ever game, well that says it all.

PS I don't support Adelaide, it was listed first alphabetically and i didn't want to scroll down.

The guy who he replaced as #2 ruck [now at another club] went about 2 years without taking a contested mark.So Mr Bean is already outshining whatshisname.

:D
So the ruck stocks at the Cattery are pretty low.
As I said, find a decent one and no one will touch the Cats.
Ottens is Ok, but would do more damage up forward.

Missed all of our 2007 games did you ?

Yeah thats a bit bizzare...Ottens is a little bit better then just ok? But i don't think that is a point that needs to be proven again.

The big difference about Blake, and this is coming from a massive Steven King fan, is that he has now developed a little presence out on the field. NO i'm not talking about the contested mark he got (this is an area that will progress naturally), but more his confidence and his willingness and the willingness of team-mates to involve him in the play. I was at the bombers game, and you could hear Blakey crying out for the ball on many different occasions - he is by no means a gun ruck, but it is encouraging that he continually develops. Lets not forget that the big Cox was not an overnight sensation!

He is not there yet, but the development is the exciting part. I say, rest Ottens until he is absolutely 100% and let Blake and West get some real game time - look what happened to Mooney when he went into the ruck and was asked to step up in 2004 - completely turned his career around! Hopefully West and Blake meet the same challenge.

I have full confidence in Bomber, i think 99.99% of geelong supporters would too.

Yeah thats a bit bizzare...Ottens is a little bit better then just ok? But i don't think that is a point that needs to be proven again.

The big difference about Blake, and this is coming from a massive Steven King fan, is that he has now developed a little presence out on the field. NO i'm not talking about the contested mark he got (this is an area that will progress naturally), but more his confidence and his willingness and the willingness of team-mates to involve him in the play. I was at the bombers game, and you could hear Blakey crying out for the ball on many different occasions - he is by no means a gun ruck, but it is encouraging that he continually develops. Lets not forget that the big Cox was not an overnight sensation!

He is not there yet, but the development is the exciting part. I say, rest Ottens until he is absolutely 100% and let Blake and West get some real game time - look what happened to Mooney when he went into the ruck and was asked to step up in 2004 - completely turned his career around! Hopefully West and Blake meet the same challenge.

I have full confidence in Bomber, i think 99.99% of geelong supporters would too.
That all great, doesn't change the fact that Blake is Geelongs one and only passenger.
Call it as I see it.
Will get away with it though, as Geelong mids are twice as good as any opposition and could probably still clear the ball if Stokesy was in the ruck.

That all great, doesn't change the fact that Blake is Geelongs one and only passenger.
Call it as I see it.
Will get away with it though, as Geelong mids are twice as good as any opposition and could probably still clear the ball if Stokesy was in the ruck.

I think you'll find that a few people in here feel there is at least one other passenger in the side at the moment but that is yet another discussion.

Last week Geelong won by 99 points with Blake as the number 1 ruckman.

Week before, Geelong won in Adelaide against the "second best side" of 2007 which boasts the best ruck combination in the AFL, again with Blake as the number 1 ruck.

Many people seem to already think that Geelong is untouchable (not all of them support Geelong either) this year. They say this with the knowledge that Blake is the current number 1 ruck.

When Ottens comes back, Blake will revert to the number 2 ruckman again.

Hopefully then you'll be a happy camper.

I actually think Blake is one of the stronger 2nd rucks in the league. I'd certainly put him in the top 8.
Blakes inability to contribute wont cost Geelong games of footy. I will just reduce the margin slightly.

PS I reckon Byrnes goes ok and deserves his spot.

Blake IMO could be a good 2nd ruck for us if we constantly have a better no.1 ruckman.
Blake when he actually looks at the ball goes alright in the hitouts. However he offers very little around the ground and IMO is a bit soft.

He'll be fine as long as he never has to shoulder the no.1 ruck burden consistently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

as unco as poor old beany is when he kicks the ball, most of the time it actually goes staright where he aims it! which is more than can be said than some players.

can get knocked around a bit but i think he does the job and will only improve. i dont think he will ever b a star, but i think he is already a servicable ruck and a handy 2nd ruck. plus, as i stated b4, he can only get better

as unco as poor old beany is when he kicks the ball, most of the time it actually goes staright where he aims it! which is more than can be said than some players.

can get knocked around a bit but i think he does the job and will only improve. i dont think he will ever b a star, but i think he is already a servicable ruck and a handy 2nd ruck. plus, as i stated b4, he can only get better

Well if you want to get technical, there's a chance he might get worse.

Re: Mark Blake - A question:

Leunberger from Brisbane
Macintosh from NM
Moran from Adelaide
Seller from Adelaide
Griffen from Adelaide
Wood from Collingwood (based on round 1 this year)

Sellar is deadset useless and Griffen and Moran aren't too crash hot either... I'd have Blakey in the side before those three in a heartbeat

Missed the Essendon game? Beat a more experienced ruckman in Hille comprehensively.

Of course when you've got an agenda, any praise is out of the question, isn't that right?

Incorrect. Refer to my previous posts if you want evidence of 'praise'. As far as an agenda is concerned - not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back