Opinion Mark Blake

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was great in the first half, excellent tap work. Tailed off in the second.

Needs to work harder around the ground, was beaten by the Melbourne rucks there.

Overall, promising signs once again and continues to show that he is learning fast.

Great work again Mark Blake.

Was great in the first half, excellent tap work. Tailed off in the second.

Needs to work harder around the ground, was beaten by the Melbourne rucks there.

Overall, promising signs once again and continues to show that he is learning fast.

Great work again Mark Blake.

100% agree. To be fair he didn't have a lot of support today - West was invisible for much of the game (though he did pop up a bit here and there). The Melbourne ruckmen were excellent throughout the game too.

Here's an interesting stat: Blake has already kicked 3 goals this year. King only kicked 4 goals in his last 3 seasons at the club put together, and didn't kick more than 6 in a season since 2002. If Blake can play like he did in the first half of the game around the ground AND kick say 15 goals a year he's more than proved himself.

28 hitouts today, dominated the ruck and strolled in for is 3rd goal in two weeks, the kids becoming a spearhead :)

Getting better and better. His increasing confidence could be attributed to the growing faith his teammates have in him, feeding him the footy far more often.

Looking forward to Blake v King next week.
I was a little worried about King v Blake coming up.
Not anymore. I actually think Blakes improved enough to hold his own against King. I think he will also be looking forward to proving a point as well.

What was his goal like this week? Didnt see it.

Nice big 50 meter goal similar to the one against the Dons.

He dominated in the ruck today, just a shame our on ballers were half asleep.

Once he improves his work around the ground and keeping on his opponent he will be a bloody solid player.

Good signs, can't wait to see Otto back in the side though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked his interview with Ben Casanelia after the game, and he seems to be more confident and just focussed on the future. He did train strongly over the summer, and for those old enough to remember, his father really only established himself as a mainstream ruckman in about 1979, his 8th season at the club. His father played about 50 games in his first 7-8 seasons, but by the start of the '80's he was excellent. Mark is only 22, and i reckon he can develop nicely in that time. Certainly more upside than S.King for the future.

My brother who couldn't make it to the game said that the ABC were saying that Blake had a shocker because he was beaten around the ground.

Do not agree, sure he wasn't the best with his ground work, but jeez 28 hitouts has got to say something.

Blakey played a great game today and did some good work under pressure around the ground. Dominated in the ruck too. Well done Blakey! :thumbsu: Great goal too- brought the entire ground onto their feet

My brother who couldn't make it to the game said that the ABC were saying that Blake had a shocker because he was beaten around the ground.

Do not agree, sure he wasn't the best with his ground work, but jeez 28 hitouts has got to say something.

Probably because White and Johnson got a heap of the ball. Mind you, they were playing as loose men in the back line when they weren't rucking and that's where most of their possies were. Hardly Blakes fault but sometimes the media decide that if a tall bloke gets the ball then the opposition ruckman is to blame.

FWIW the Fox team were talking him up...I can understand why they'd criticise him for his around the ground work, especially defensively, but ultimately White and Johnson were picking up cheap possies playing behind the ball and generally not doing much. Meanwhile Blakey dominated in the ruck.

White was floating around playing completely uncontested football all afternoon, picking up rubbish possessions all day. His possessions didn't do much damage and on more than one occasion put his team mates under the pump with his disposal. Blakey was hardly disgraced today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back