Mark Doran

Remove this Banner Ad

LMAO.

I hit google trying to find out why Doran was no longer at SEN and found this forum. Hilarious stuff.

Good Riddance to Doran. I would like to see Francis Leach get his time slot, a professional and educated radio presenter, journalist and a passionate sprots fan. If not Leach then Harf would be a good second choice.

No disrespect to Schebbecki (spelling?) but too much motor sprt to keep me tuned in.

Now we need to get rid of Watson, Maher, and Bartlett

Ha, I did the same, ie discovered Big Footy, looking for info leading into Trade Week.

Discovered SEN at the same time and took an instant dislike to Doran. 12 - 4pm is my prime listening time and to listen to his tripe for just a few weeks was hard to take. Ended up turning it off until I discovered he'd gone. Whoo hoo.

Great to see another hawk on board.

Yes, Beva was one of the few people I enjoyed listening to on SEN, I was so surprised he got the flick. Does anyone know the sull story why?
The word on here was that he had a big tiff with Leech and management over which of the two presenters were to do a 'big' interview at short notice. I can't remember who the 'big' guest was, but he was hard to get, and the station got him on the line with only a few minutes of Leech's show left. Beva apparently said something like: "instead of Francis interviewing this guy for only a few minutes before his show ends at 7 o'clock, why I do it after 7, so there's heaps more time to talk to this guy who was hard to get hold of?!" The blue ensued... :)

This may not be right, or only half the story, but that's what I read on here

Swear I heard the overnight guy say this today after an interview replay:
"And that was Shane Warne chatting Tony Schibecci, who is filling in for Mark Doran on The Good Oil. I wonder when Mark's coming back? Back with more after the break."

SEN's ratings are so horrible 'cos they're totally lazy and don't give the listeners anything exciting to listen to.
KB and Patrick Smith spoke about the Edelston wedding for an hour on Monday, then the Good Oil had Rita on (which is painful enough) and they spoke about Edelston, Tiger Woods and Tattoos. Zzzzzzzz!!!!!
Don't get me started on The Morning Glory.
Also while there was a heap of sport going on around the world last night, Mark Fine was just talking about draft picks who's surnames are the same as people on television.
Amateur hour!

Spot. On.

Stopped listening altogether this year. It got too hard to divine even a sliver of information amidst the constant drivel, tabloid patter and extremely loud advertisements.

SEN's ratings are so horrible 'cos they're totally lazy and don't give the listeners anything exciting to listen to.
KB and Patrick Smith spoke about the Edelston wedding for an hour on Monday, then the Good Oil had Rita on (which is painful enough) and they spoke about Edelston, Tiger Woods and Tattoos. Zzzzzzzz!!!!!
Don't get me started on The Morning Glory.
Also while there was a heap of sport going on around the world last night, Mark Fine was just talking about draft picks who's surnames are the same as people on television.
Amateur hour!

hi mitch. your post would fit in well in the SEN thread (media and entertainment). i will address it there.

thanks

PN

To all the others at SEN and to one former SEN'er we did it boys. Those that either posted here undercover or helped to send the letters out .

We didit :thumbsu:

We wont be seeing Maxy's face at Swan street again

To all the others at SEN and to one former SEN'er we did it boys. Those that either posted here undercover or helped to send the letters out .

We didit :thumbsu:

We wont be seeing Maxy's face at Swan street again

Well done to whoever you all are. I don't think there are too many people unhappy with the fact he no longer is on SEN.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Allen is a pathetic joke.:thumbsdown: I turn to another station when he is on.

Finey is the logical replacement, failing that Shabecs is doing a great job

No, don't move Finey please!!!....he's the only one I get to listen to properly and his different segments are really good and interesting......Not Schibecci...couldn't stand it..

Mark Allen's lack of knowledge about sport other than golf is dumbfounding for someone who works on a sports radio station...

Agreed, and he has that one ingredient I cannot stand with members of the media ... arrogance.

I always remember the day he was getting stuck into the Aussie cricketers, talking crap as usual, and a caller asked him why he was so tough on the Aussie team, especially for somebody who has obviously never played the game.

Marco's reply was so ... Marco. He said, "Not true, I played a couple of games of cricket for the Under 14s at school". Then later that evening, someone called to criticise a golfer.

I can't recall the exact response but he told the caller unless they'd played the international circuit, they had no right to criticise. Funny he was allowed to criticise international cricketers, and yet nobody except an international golfers can criticise a golfer.

Marco's everything I don't want to hear on a sporting program.

Agreed, and he has that one ingredient I cannot stand with members of the media ... arrogance.

I always remember the day he was getting stuck into the Aussie cricketers, talking crap as usual, and a caller asked him why he was so tough on the Aussie team, especially for somebody who has obviously never played the game.

Marco's reply was so ... Marco. He said, "Not true, I played a couple of games of cricket for the Under 14s at school". Then later that evening, someone called to criticise a golfer.

I can't recall the exact response but he told the caller unless they'd played the international circuit, they had no right to criticise. Funny he was allowed to criticise international cricketers, and yet nobody except an international golfers can criticise a golfer.

Marco's everything I don't want to hear on a sporting program.

Say what you want about him but atleast he is not boring like Doran or Schibecci.

I hate golf and Collingwood but I still enjoy listening to Marco because he doesnt take it too serious and is generally fun to listen to.

Say what you want about him but atleast he is not boring like Doran or Schibecci.

I hate golf and Collingwood but I still enjoy listening to Marco because he doesnt take it too serious and is generally fun to listen to.

Robin Williams is fun to listen to, but I wouldn't want him telling me about sports.

Yes, Beva was one of the few people I enjoyed listening to on SEN, I was so surprised he got the flick. Does anyone know the sull story why?

Beva got the arse because he was caught out trying to white ant Doran years ago. This is fact.

Furthermore, while I am here I think the majority of the comments on here about Doran are disgusting.

As annoying or unprofessional as he may be in some people's eyes, he is still a youngish bloke with a wife and kids and a mortgage etc

None of you know what he is like off air.

Sure comment on his 'on air' failings etc, but getting as personal as many as you have is just pi55weak at the end of the day.

And my final comment is that he was planning on leaving in the foreseeable future.

Beva got the arse because he was caught out trying to white ant Doran years ago. This is fact.

Furthermore, while I am here I think the majority of the comments on here about Doran are disgusting.

As annoying or unprofessional as he may be in some people's eyes, he is still a youngish bloke with a wife and kids and a mortgage etc

None of you know what he is like off air.

Sure comment on his 'on air' failings etc, but getting as personal as many as you have is just pi55weak at the end of the day.

And my final comment is that he was planning on leaving in the foreseeable future.

Thanks for your contribution Mark, how's unemployment treating you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Doran

Remove this Banner Ad

Back