Radio Mark Fine Dedication thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, I like Fine. He treats post match drunks as they should be treated. Jeez, if they carried on like that in the pub they'd get he arse fairly quickly, so why shoud he have to put up with it.....flipping dribblers!

He's also a one-eyed Hammer so he's gotta be a top bloke!

I love Finey.

I also find him to be quite more knowledgeable about teams lists than lots of other "expert callers" are. While everyone says he treats the drunk callers as they should be treated, it must also be said that if somebody with a sign of intelligence rings up he gives them plenty of time to say their peice and then have a back and forth discussion unlike many other radio stations. I'm surehe is allowed to do this because of the time slot but it makes for more entertaining radio talk.

Highly underated.

Finey's Final Siren is fantastic. He's opinionated and sometimes ridiculously agitated, but he speaks with genuine passion. Mostly he's right too, but sometimes he's funniest when he's wrong.

Somehow his shows are at their craziest when St.Kilda, Richmond, Carlton or Footscray lose. I'm thinking those teams must have the wackiest fans. Only takes one loss for them to go all nutzoid. If I know any of them have lost I certainly go straight to SEN.

I s'pose Finey might harbour ambitions of moving into TV or whatever, and for sure he'd be 1000 times better than dopes like Tony Shaw and compromised player agents like Lynch and Pickering, but I hope he sticks with radio. I can see him and Stephen Peake one day being more legendary than Harry Beitzel and Tommy Lahiff. Seriously!

All Hail Finey, UnHinged and Proud.

Finey is a gun! Those that don't like him on here have no idea. The way he got very passionate last week about Melbourne, saying that Melbourne supporters shouldn't accept what is happening, and demand answers from the club, was first class in my honest opinion. Ripper and should be more in the media like him, not like a lot of the has been ex players and coaches who are terrible on radio and TV :thumbsu:

Finey's Final Siren is fantastic. He's opinionated and sometimes ridiculously agitated, but he speaks with genuine passion. Mostly he's right too, but sometimes he's funniest when he's wrong.

Somehow his shows are at their craziest when St.Kilda, Richmond, Carlton or Footscray lose. I'm thinking those teams must have the wackiest fans. Only takes one loss for them to go all nutzoid. If I know any of them have lost I certainly go straight to SEN.

I s'pose Finey might harbour ambitions of moving into TV or whatever, and for sure he'd be 1000 times better than dopes like Tony Shaw and compromised player agents like Lynch and Pickering, but I hope he sticks with radio. I can see him and Stephen Peake one day being more legendary than Harry Beitzel and Tommy Lahiff. Seriously!

All Hail Finey, UnHinged and Proud.

Final siren this friday night is going to be a must.

Love listening to "Viney" during the week, plenty of good banter, good and bad jokes and annoying callers that get put back in their place. Just wish they'd bring back Jason Johnson and the "Good Life"!

Love listening to Finey. I think the closest US radio broadcaster to him is Colin Cowherd - outspoken, knowledgeable and popular. I do though only know of a few US radio guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I listened to Mark Fine for the first time last night. OMG, is he always like that? What is he on? I couldn't stand it and had to turn it off. Poor callers, he wouldn't let them get a word in, always cutting them off after a few words. The caller would start to make a point, and Finey would interject crapping on about some SMS he received about an unrelated subject.

One caller was trying to talk about a match he was at, and Finey kept jumping in saying things like, "hotdogs and chips are very poor quality at the football!!!", etc. Cutting a caller off to talk about something else is just plain rude.

My observations are he is totally self absorbed and disrespectful to his callers and listeners. Totally boring piece of crap. I won't be listening again.

I listened to Mark Fine for the first time last night. OMG, is he always like that? What is he on? I couldn't stand it and had to turn it off. Poor callers, he wouldn't let them get a word in, always cutting them off after a few words. The caller would start to make a point, and Finey would interject crapping on about some SMS he received about an unrelated subject.

One caller was trying to talk about a match he was at, and Finey kept jumping in saying things like, "hotdogs and chips are very poor quality at the football!!!", etc. Cutting a caller off to talk about something else is just plain rude.

My observations are he is totally self absorbed and disrespectful to his callers and listeners. Totally boring piece of crap. I won't be listening again.

He's usually pretty fair to his callers. He does get a lot of w@nkers calling up and he does get a bit fed up if he gets too many of them in a row. Especially if they all keep calling him "Viney".

Like the show, but he comes off as an umpire stooge. Sunday night he said he wasn't going to allow callers on with any criticism of the umpires. Like it or not, umpires affect the outcome of games and love being bigger than the players.

SEN do podcasts but I can't find any for Final Siren, does anyone know if they make them available for download?

Remove this Banner Ad

Radio Mark Fine Dedication thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back