Confirmed Mark Keane - Signs 3 Year Extension [OOC 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s always a suitcase at his door. Trading for him is fraught with danger.

Coming from a Gaelic football background which as I understand is amateur at all levels in Ireland, is it possible Keane does not understand/respect the concept of professional sport in Australia and believes his contract is worth nothing?

He left Collingwood in dire straits in early 2022. Full-back in the side was all his before he packed up and left for home, leaving Collingwood with a cooked Jordan Roughead and Jack Madgen to play key defence. Fortunately Nathan Murphy returned from injury after 10 or so rounds and saved our asses.

Hard to get around him at all
Collingwood have been chasing him hard.
He is in contract and will hurt our teams backline if he leaves.
He is only 24.

He'll be a good get for Collingwood. Liked what he did this year.
Add some size to that undersized backline

Never got the interest in him
Wasnt great at Collinwood
Left to go home to Ireland
Came back went to Adelaide
Now wants to leave
Let Adelaide keep him
His form at Collingwood is irrelevant.

Since coming back to Australia he’s become a much improved footballer and is a genuine play maker and very good interceptor.

His defensive positioning needs work but overall he’s being seriously underrated by both Collingwood supporters and the wider public.

I’d be disappointed if the crows did not demand a top 25 pick as he is contracted. Scoff is you must but amartey game aside, he had a genuinely good year and as a key defender his value is high. Also can’t use homesickness as an excuse. We are not a charity. With noble leaving you should have the means to get adequate compensation should he decide to leave.

His form at Collingwood is irrelevant.

Since coming back to Australia he’s become a much improved footballer and is a genuine play maker and very good interceptor.

His defensive positioning needs work but overall he’s being seriously underrated by both Collingwood supporters and the wider public.

I’d be disappointed if the crows did not demand a top 25 pick as he is contracted. Scoff is you must but amartey game aside, he had a genuinely good year and as a key defender his value is high. Also can’t use homesickness as an excuse. We are not a charity. With noble leaving you should have the means to get adequate compensation should he decide to leave.
Agreed. If you were to ask if I preferred a good 2nd round pick or Keane, I'm taking Keane all day every day.
Adelaide entrusted him with the kick ins as well, which says alot.

One thing BF shows, and that me included (Sam Darcy), is opposition supporters watch very little of other teams games.

I saw the game when he had 9 kicked on him.

Agreed. If you were to ask if I preferred a good 2nd round pick or Keane, I'm taking Keane all day every day.
Adelaide entrusted him with the kick ins as well, which says alot.
A lot on your board are saying our Future 1st would be required.
One thing BF shows, and that me included (Sam Darcy), is opposition supporters watch very little of other teams games.
Another thing that BF shows is each club supporters overvalues their own players.

"If we get a F1 for Keane from Collingwood"
"Keane for Collingwood F1"
"Keane, Berry to Pies for future first"
"Collingwood F1 for Keane"
"We're not going to get a first rounder back in a deal for Keane."
One poster who doesn't overvalue.
"Keane and Berry for Pies future first."
"Trade:
Keane, Berry to Collingwood for 29, F2, Joe Richards"

A lot on your board are saying our Future 1st would be required.

Another thing that BF shows is each club supporters overvalues their own players.

"If we get a F1 for Keane from Collingwood"
"Keane for Collingwood F1"
"Keane, Berry to Pies for future first"
"Collingwood F1 for Keane"
"We're not going to get a first rounder back in a deal for Keane."
One poster who doesn't overvalue.
"Keane and Berry for Pies future first."
"Trade:
Keane, Berry to Collingwood for 29, F2, Joe Richards"
Sure, that's on the other side of the equation.
I also think people over value a pick.
Let's say the Crows got pick between 12 and 18 for him. I dare you go through the last 5 years of drafting and look at all the kids between those pick numbers, and see how many of them make it to 50 games. So, we know Keane is going to have a solid career and will play over 150 games, and is only just hitting his peak. Now, would you rather the guarantee of a proven player, or roll the dice to see if you get one as good or better than Keane is?

Sure, that's on the other side of the equation.
I also think people over value a pick.
Let's say the Crows got pick between 12 and 18 for him. I dare you go through the last 5 years of drafting and look at all the kids between those pick numbers, and see how many of them make it to 50 games. So, we know Keane is going to have a solid career and will play over 150 games, and is only just hitting his peak. Now, would you rather the guarantee of a proven player, or roll the dice to see if you get one as good or better than Keane is?
12-18 you say:

12 Zac Butters = 116 games
13 Isaac Quaynor = 108 games

14 Jackson Hately = 28 games
15 Jordan Clark = 102 games
16 Ned McHenry = 70 games

17 Sam Sturt = 31 games
18 Xavier Duursma = 88 games

12 Kysaigh Pickett = 106 games

13 Will Day = 70 games
14 Miles Bergman = 80 games
15 Cody Weightman = 75 games

16 Cooper Stephens = 7 games
17 Brodie Kemp = 43 games

18 Mitch Georgiades = 66 games

2 draft sample size 10/14 (71% hit rate) have played over 50 games.

I'll take the draft thanks!

Some players who will be available after pick 11 that I rate higher than Keane:
  • Harry Armstrong 195cm KPF
  • Jack Whitlock 200cm KPF
  • Alixzander Tauru 193cm KPD
  • Matt Whitlock 199cm KPF/D
  • Jobe Shannahan 194cm KPF
  • Jonty Faull 195cm KPF
  • Tom Gross 181cm Mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Say it again don't want him for any major picks because if he doesnt get his way he packs up and leaves. He is an average player and worth a 2nd rounder even a good second rounder on paper.
If he didn't have issues with hanging around, I would offer a good pick but I hope we offer a future 3rd for him and leave it hanging.
We have Moore, Frampton, Dean and Eyre who can play his role. Sure he would slot in behind Moore on current form as our 2nd best tall defender but Dean and Eyre are young and could quickly overtake him and Frampton generally does okay. Not a major need.

Say it again don't want him for any major picks because if he doesnt get his way he packs up and leaves. He is an average player and worth a 2nd rounder even a good second rounder on paper.
If he didn't have issues with hanging around, I would offer a good pick but I hope we offer a future 3rd for him and leave it hanging.
We have Moore, Frampton, Dean and Eyre who can play his role. Sure he would slot in behind Moore on current form as our 2nd best tall defender but Dean and Eyre are young and could quickly overtake him and Frampton generally does okay. Not a major need.
Whether its Keane or not did your coach not come out and say that defensive help was required for the Pies?

I'd argue it would probably be a need and especially if you are relying on Frampton to be KPD1 I'm counting Moore as the KPD2 floater type as that's where he has been most successful

Typically pies have gone the bargain bin approach for second key defender... Dunn, Roughead, Frampton. All proven to be solid pick ups. I dont want to stray from that especially for a major flight risk
Frampton has been a solid pickup? There's a reason why Collingwood have made a big play for Keane

Frampton has been a solid pickup? There's a reason why Collingwood have made a big play for Keane
Yes he has been very solid for a pick in the 50's or 60's, 30+ games in 2 seasons, premiership player, embarrassed Curnow and McKay in the same season, randomly played ruck well at the start of last season when we had none left, not sure how that isn't solid ROI

I'm not convinced Collingwood has made a big play for Keane as Keane has made a big play for Colinqwood.. as previously mentioned we typically go for the cheap option

Yes he has been very solid for a pick in the 50's or 60's, 30+ games in 2 seasons, premiership player, embarrassed Curnow and McKay in the same season, randomly played ruck well at the start of last season when we had none left, not sure how that isn't solid ROI

I'm not convinced Collingwood has made a big play for Keane as Keane has made a big play for Colinqwood.. as previously mentioned we typically go for the cheap option
Collingwood fans thinking Frampton is a decent AFL player really does boggle the mind, he's looked exactly the same player anytime I watch Collingwood (which is a fair bit). Would be lucky to have one game a season that would be close to the top few players on the ground. Keane has not sought out Collingwood, it's the other way; however, Keane has made it public all he is looking for is long term security from the Crows.

Collingwood fans thinking Frampton is a decent AFL player really does boggle the mind, he's looked exactly the same player anytime I watch Collingwood (which is a fair bit). Would be lucky to have one game a season that would be close to the top few players on the ground. Keane has not sought out Collingwood, it's the other way; however, Keane has made it public all he is looking for is long term security from the Crows.
Good he can stay then.

Close thread please.

Frampton is valuable depth in two positions. We’re happy enough with his contributions

Idk why crows fans insist on him being this unplayable spud that he simply doesnt appear to be, its not like he routinely gets bags kicked on him, certainly never seen him concede 9
Would love to see Keane commit long term to the crows, would be a fantastic story 👍

Idk why crows fans insist on him being this unplayable spud that he simply doesnt appear to be, its not like he routinely gets bags kicked on him, certainly never seen him concede 9
Would love to see Keane commit long term to the crows, would be a fantastic story 👍
Keane had one bag kicked on him for the season and is a top 20 ranked KPD in the league for the entire season. Crows fans insist on that because he played in SA for 7 years and very much understand his limitations at AFL level. Collingwood are trying to upgrade his position for a very clear reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Mark Keane - Signs 3 Year Extension [OOC 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back