GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Who would you rather have on your team for next season? Mark LeCras or Jason Porplyzia. LeCras kicked more goals as a small forward last year but I'd still take Porps because he's strong, a solid contestant mark and probably the best set shot in the league.

Would love to have both of them. They can rotate with each other through midfield and forward. Would be a lethal combination.

Porps Lecras

24 Games 21
8.6 Kicks Per Game 9.2
5.8 Handballs Per Game 4.7
14.3 Disposals Per Game 13.9
3.7 Marks Per Game 4.1
2.4 Goals Per Game 2.8
0.8 Behinds Per Game 1.2
3.7 Tackles Per Game 2.3
2.5 Inside 50s Per Game 2.1
0.6 Goal Assists Per Game 0.7
3.0 Goals Contributed Per Game 3.4
0.7 Frees For Per Game 1.0
0.7 Frees Against Per Game 0.8

Very very similar in stats, with Lecras edging him mostly except for the tackle count inside 50's and total disposals. I think Porps is much more hard at it, but Lecras cleaner with his ball use.

Porps Lecras

24 Games 21
8.6 Kicks Per Game 9.2
5.8 Handballs Per Game 4.7
14.3 Disposals Per Game 13.9
3.7 Marks Per Game 4.1
2.4 Goals Per Game 2.8
0.8 Behinds Per Game 1.2
3.7 Tackles Per Game 2.3
2.5 Inside 50s Per Game 2.1
0.6 Goal Assists Per Game 0.7
3.0 Goals Contributed Per Game 3.4
0.7 Frees For Per Game 1.0
0.7 Frees Against Per Game 0.8

Very very similar in stats, with Lecras edging him mostly except for the tackle count inside 50's and total disposals. I think Porps is much more hard at it, but Lecras cleaner with his ball use.

you dont think porps is clean?? he HAS to be the top 5 in the afl for cleaness, if thats something that can be measured

im not saying porps is not clean, just that lecras is cleaner.

well, im in no position to talk about lecras as i have not seen much of him, but did you see porps game last year against north. Totally broke the game apart in a quartar will amazingly clean skills. He did it again last year against sydney. If lecras can beat that, he defitinely is super clean

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Porpus. He's the cleanest player below his knees that I've ever seen. Not to mention his ridiculous strike rate in front of goal.

Not taking away anything from Lecras who is a serious gun. Would love him at Richmond.

NB: Porplyzia has been playing injured the last 14 months.

Tough decision, especially as both have been marked as midfielders by their club at certain stages.

I would take Porps hands down. He had no pre-season this year after his shoulder reco after the 08 season.
He also has the ability to star when injured. Last year against the Swans in Sydney he won us the game playing with basically one arm. He still kicked 5 goals which shows his character :thumbsu:

He's also not the only focal point in a forwardline. West Coast would look to Lecras far more often.

However, due to their respective seasons, not only were Adelaide penetrating their forward 50 more, the delivery from their midfielders would have been cleaner too. As we all know, it's much easier for a forward to play well when your team is winning.

Both have had excellent years. I choose LeCras because he's wearing blue and gold - it's hard to split them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark LeCras vs Jason Porplyzia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back