Mark LeCras vs Jason Porplyzia

Remove this Banner Ad

I might be bias however I would yake Porpy every day of the week

Porpy is one of the cleanest one touch players in the league, he is deadly in front of goal, great footy smarts and can be as equally effective in the midfield - D Jarman like

The scarey thing is Porpy has more improvement in his game

porps easy lecras figures are overrated by being the main target.
Not at all.

Kicked only 1 or 2 less goals in play, than from set shots.

He also spent much of his time on HFF or working up the ground.

He is a genuine forward pocket player but is a good marking target, the reason why he kicked so many goals is due to his accuracy and consistency.

Our FF and CHF positions were rotated between several players which is another reason why people get confused into thinking he was our dominant forward target in most matches.

on the few matches west coast i watched, lecras was the last man to be moved up out of the 50 all those other guys went out first, the other point was the lack of other targets taking goals away from him means hes going to get more opportunities to inflate his stats regardless of how he plays the position. Porpy has tippett, knights, dangerfield etc all taking opportunities away from him.

on the few matches west coast i watched, lecras was the last man to be moved up out of the 50 all those other guys went out first, the other point was the lack of other targets taking goals away from him means hes going to get more opportunities to inflate his stats regardless of how he plays the position. Porpy has tippett, knights, dangerfield etc all taking opportunities away from him.

LeCras has Kennedy, McKinley, Lynch etc all taking opportunities away from him, what's the difference? :confused:

Now you are just making stuff up.

LeCras and Kennedy (at CHF), spent a considerable amount of time working up the ground due to poor delivery or simply because they were needed.

Despite this LeCras only played as a genuine onballer in a few games and when forward was in the pocket.

McKinley, a couple of times Hansen and later Wilson were predominantly stay at home forwards but even then also had to work up the ground due to our inefficiency and inability to move the ball into our F50 in some games.

Inflate his stats, what you mean kick goals. Hahahahaha. The delivery he received is far worse which more than balances things out, that despite the fact he did not play at FF and only played as our main target in a couple of games. Later in the season he spent more time in the midfield or even occasionally running back into defence to help clear the ball out.

Kinda silly for you to just bullshit to pump your own player up and unless you are a troll I can't believe you didn't realise that you would get found out quickly.

Now you are just making stuff up.

LeCras and Kennedy (at CHF), spent a considerable amount of time working up the ground due to poor delivery or simply because they were needed.

Despite this LeCras only played as a genuine onballer in a few games and when forward was in the pocket.

McKinley, a couple of times Hansen and later Wilson were predominantly stay at home forwards but even then also had to work up the ground due to our inefficiency and inability to move the ball into our F50 in some games.

Inflate his stats, what you mean kick goals. Hahahahaha. The delivery he received is far worse which more than balances things out, that despite the fact he did not play at FF and only played as our main target in a couple of games. Later in the season he spent more time in the midfield or even occasionally running back into defence to help clear the ball out.

Kinda silly for you to just bullshit to pump your own player up and unless you are a troll I can't believe you didn't realise that you would get found out quickly.

nah it doesnt 'balance things out' porpy actually has decent forwards with him and gets less opportunity he has 6-7 decent forward options to compete with, you have maybe 1or 2 McKinley had some decent early form and kennedy near the end of the season, the rest of your forwardline is rubbish, quoting hansen doesnt strengthen your argument.

nah it doesnt 'balance things out' porpy actually has decent forwards with him and gets less opportunity he has 6-7 decent forward options to compete with, you have maybe 1or 2 McKinley had some decent early form and kennedy near the end of the season, the rest of your forwardline is rubbish, quoting hansen doesnt strengthen your argument.
It certainly does. They both took exactly the same (41) marks inside the forward 50 and I am guessing had a very similar number of scoring shots.

Fact is he is incredibly efficient, just like Porps with the number of opportunities he has and dare I say it slightly more so this season.

LeCras does not play FF, both Kennedy and McKinley who have played quite a few less games have had only slightly less marks inside 50 with Lynch and Hansen making up the next.

These are guys who have alternated over the season as our no.1 targets (our forward line has not been as settled nor are our F50 structures as good). Though LeCras has been our dominant target a few times it is more his ridiculous consistency and good conversion rate.

Sorry but you are speculating and don't have a leg to stand on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

....While Porplyzia is running around in the Sanfl.
If I didn't say it in this thread I said it in another, one of LeCras greatest qualities is how damaging he can be in a down game with only a few touches.

Can kick 6 goals from 8 kicks (against Carlton).

Have been waiting for better delivery or team improvement to allow him to kick a bag of 7-8.

This hasn't happened, but tonight he really surprised me and showed what he can do given the chance.

Like Kennedy, when on, he has a ridiculous conversion rate and can simply manufacture goals or opportunities.

A couple more preseasons, no injuries and a better side could see him as one of the best small/mid forwards in the comp.

....While Porplyzia is running around in the Sanfl.

Bit harsh (and a bit low to bump this poll this week). Played injured for the majority of the previous 2 seasons and was a star. Groin trouble completely wrecked his pre-season (making it 3 in a row he's missed) and he has not been able to get over it. Hasn't looked right all year and has been unable to find form, which isn't surprising given what he's been through. Injuries will catch up to you after a while. If he can get a full pre-season in, he'll bounce back next year. At his best, he's just as good as LeCras. Both are such wonderful players, and absolutely great to watch at full flight. I'm really looking forward to watching a replay of LeCras' game tonight :thumbsu:

Bit harsh (and a bit low to bump this poll this week). Played injured for the majority of the previous 2 seasons and was a star. Groin trouble completely wrecked his pre-season (making it 3 in a row he's missed) and he has not been able to get over it. Hasn't looked right all year and has been unable to find form, which isn't surprising given what he's been through. Injuries will catch up to you after a while. If he can get a full pre-season in, he'll bounce back next year. At his best, he's just as good as LeCras. Both are such wonderful players, and absolutely great to watch at full flight. I'm really looking forward to watching a replay of LeCras' game tonight :thumbsu:
Low, now thats harsh.

Cheeky maybe. I suppose there were some strong sentiments expressed in this and another thread so it was bound to get bumped, this time by me.

I think when both on song they are fairly even, but I stick by the fact that I think LeCras has both a higher ceiling and is a little better at his best.

Certainly LeCras was awesome tonight, no other way to describe that performance. It was an unprecedentedly brilliant effort...

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark LeCras vs Jason Porplyzia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back