Mark LeCras vs Jason Porplyzia

Remove this Banner Ad

Both great and very very similar.

Porps has a stronger body and is slightly more hard at it, but is older and has had a little more time to develop.

I think LeCras is a little cleaner and can manufacture opportunities from absolutely nothing.

Needs very little chance to kick 2 or 3 goals in a down game.

Just because of age and bias, I will choose LeCras.

Both are out and out guns, would not have minded Porps getting the AA spot at all (well a little);), but they both deserved it so I am a little surprised.

I went LeCras just because he's a couple of years younger, but I am really surprised at the discrepancy in the poll. I thought it'd be a genuine 50-50 argument.

I went LeCras just because he's a couple of years younger, but I am really surprised at the discrepancy in the poll. I thought it'd be a genuine 50-50 argument.

Le Cras has had a better year than Porps and hes only just this year really been noticed so it makes sense.

I voted for Porplyzia though, if he can get over his shoulder he will be elite.

Tough call.

Both are obviously very good players who are now bordering on elite status.

LeCras is younger and less injury prone so based on that you'd probably choose him in your team. But based on how good they could be, i'd say Porplyzia. He has more grit (being delisted and then coming back into footy) and can play through pain. Imagine him after a full preseason.. scary.

I reckon Porpy's shorts just get him over the line :p but i'd take LeCras in a heartbeat also.

Tippett, Walker, Porplyzia = special :thumbsu:

Alright i'm over the word 'clean' but if LeCras is 'cleaner' than Porps than he is the 'cleanest' in the league full stop

Porplyzia is 24 right?

Seriously, I dont care if this sounds biased, it may or may not, but watch the f**k out if Porplyzia can get fully over his shoulder injury and get a good pre season under his belt.

p.s. from the little I have seen of LeCras he isn't that far behind him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, I think it's very clear Porps is the better player, though LeCras is also three years younger and yet to peak.

They are both perfect for their respective sides: Porps is around peaking age, just as Adelaide are (they'll be close to a premiership in a few years) whereas the Eagles are still a fair way off that. LeCras will probably peak in the next few seasons when West Coast begin their push for the top 4 etc.

Yeah, got to go with Porps here.

Not surprised by the discrepancy in the poll numbers though, been around this board long enough to know how it goes... ;)

Okay, I think it's very clear Porps is the better player, though LeCras is also three years younger and yet to peak.

They are both perfect for their respective sides: Porps is around peaking age, just as Adelaide are (they'll be close to a premiership in a few years) whereas the Eagles are still a fair way off that. LeCras will probably peak in the next few seasons when West Coast begin their push for the top 4 etc.

No he isn't, Porps is only 1.7 years older.

Didn't you know? Its only the polls that favour WCE (as well as those that don't favour Melbourne) that are biased. :rolleyes:

Did I actually say that? Don't be silly.

Although having looked at the numbers on this one, that factor - fans of a club backing their own player - is certainly evident.

It'd be strange if that wasn't the case, I think... but in any case, surely nobody really takes the numbers on these polls too seriously... :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark LeCras vs Jason Porplyzia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back