Mark Mclure - hemad

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully we kick more than 6.9 against Port - which is what Carlton managed at AAMI in round 10.
Furthermore, good teams kick more than 18 goals against Melbourne and GWS, why did Carlton only manage 15 against both?

I used to quite enjoy McClure's commentary, but he seems to have lost the plot.

His commentary consists of saying. "Side A is struggling, they need to kick it down the guts !!!!! Footy is a simple game, why make it difficult ?" Each week, his analysis at half time comes down to that with very little variation.

Modern coaching with floods, forward presses, opening up one side of the ground by switching backwards then sideways..... all seems so foreign to him. Footy when he played was much simpler which means a commentator that understands the modern nuances may be a better bet.

In fairness he was not required to be impartial as it was opinion piece written as such and not journalism. It was still unbelievably ******ed however. Plus even opinion writers are expected to base their deductions on something approaching facts rather than making it up or what you want to be true.

TOOL of the highest order,perhaps for the good of the game dipsticks like this should be banned from commentry when they are obviously FOS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His comments have had the desired reaction he wants.

He may of been a hard-arse player in his day but that doesn't excuse him to insult our footy club because he may not find Ross Lyon's game plan isn't glittery enough for him. Get stuffed Mark you numpty. Go blow some more up your beloved Carlton's arse you twat.

His comments have had the desired reaction he wants.

He may of been a hard-arse player in his day but that doesn't excuse him to insult our footy club because he may not find Ross Lyon's game plan isn't glittery enough for him. Get stuffed Mark you numpty. Go blow some more up your beloved Carlton's arse you twat.

You know what, I'd take that if he actually showed some actual understanding of Freo's game plan. He's a minor legend of the game, but his ability to be a good commentator of the game is long gone. He doesn't understand anything but what's immediately in-front of him (we didn't kick 50 goals against GWS???) and general hear-say and hype. He has no rational thinking or research skills to speak of and that last bit of tosh in the OP is the last straw for me. I can't stand him as special commentator of live games any more either, he adds nothing and is often just flat out wrong and ignorant.

And what really annoys me is there would thousands of people who could do a better job than him but people like Fox persist with him and others like him on "reputation".

This douchebag has obviously not watched any of our games except for just the token game, which happened to be the Freo v Brisbane one earlier this year or something and is now basing his opinions off that game plus the general media perception. **** this arseh*le. He's not the only one like that though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Mclure - hemad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back