Mark Mclure - hemad

Remove this Banner Ad

He's upset because Ross said it took ten years for Carlton to rebuild and we are in hurry so took us five. Seriously how do they have 10 top 10 picks including 3 number 1's and still not make finals. No wonder Judd is looking to miss games. King makes him look like an idiot on 360.

He's upset because Ross said it took ten years for Carlton to rebuild and we are in hurry so took us five. Seriously how do they have 10 top 10 picks including 3 number 1's and still not make finals. No wonder Judd is looking to miss games. King makes him look like an idiot on 360.

Not to mention they've got Dodgy Brothers Holdings looking after their books. They've cheated and tanked right through their 'rebuild' and they're still struggling to make the 8. It would send any reasonable fan of that club a bit idiotic, given Mclure's starting mental capacity was so low to begin with, perhaps that explains those sorts of statements.

I think it was the derby he came over for and watched in person.

Of course this is a huge deal for a Victorian, to actually get on a plane and go to the other side of the country just to watch a football game.
He has seemed to have taken it as some sort of personal insult that we didnt play well that day and we didnt kick many goals.
He did not shut up about it on the 360 show saying how he 'actually watched a dockers game and Ross Lyon is destroying Australian culture as we know it.
I would say he hasnt watched one of our games since, and is now just bitter. And fat.

I think it was the derby he came over for and watched in person.

Of course this is a huge deal for a Victorian, to actually get on a plane and go to the other side of the country just to watch a football game.
He has seemed to have taken it as some sort of personal insult that we didnt play well that day and we didnt kick many goals.
He did not shut up about it on the 360 show saying how he 'actually watched a dockers game and Ross Lyon is destroying Australian culture as we know it.
I would say he hasnt watched one of our games since, and is now just bitter. And fat.

He is bitter and fat, but he did commentate on our game vs Melbourne and said some good things about us at the end of the game
He is not a proper analyst, I think it is his job to stir up people, and he is doing it successfully.

Maclure is a Douche. The guy has literally talked up every team in the top 8 as a potential premier after one win, only for them to lose and make himself look like a douche. In frustration he takes to crazy ramblings about how said team is finished and they won't win another game. Then guess what happens. Giant Douche.

T
I used to quite enjoy McClure's commentary, but he seems to have lost the plot.

His commentary consists of saying. "Side A is struggling, they need to kick it down the guts !!!!! Footy is a simple game, why make it difficult ?" Each week, his analysis at half time comes down to that with very little variation.

Modern coaching with floods, forward presses, opening up one side of the ground by switching backwards then sideways..... all seems so foreign to him. Footy when he played was much simpler which means a commentator that understands the modern nuances may be a better bet.

This is becoming more and more apparent every week i see him on AFL360.. has no idea about anything which has evolved since the 90's and all his "idea's" are based on:
a) Play the kids
b) Kick it long and straight down the middle
c) Enjoy your football / Have fun.. usually related to point 'a'

Use to rate the guy years ago.. pity he stayed wherever that was.. much like Qantas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did he get the nickname Sellers ?.
He was super awkward when he started. Stumbling, falling, tripping himself that sort of thing. So the players named him after Peter Sellers.

If you want a short career in the media then be bland. If you want a long career be outspoken, opinionated and controversial. Sam Newman has made millions that way.

He was super awkward when he started. Stumbling, falling, tripping himself that sort of thing. So the players named him after Peter Sellers.

If you want a short career in the media then be bland. If you want a long career be outspoken, opinionated and controversial. Sam Newman has made millions that way.

Newman is more of a performing clown than anything else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Mclure - hemad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back