Mark Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS - look at what every club in the 8 is doing. They are getting out of the draft. They don't want picks.

What does that tell you about this draft ?
Hmm - lets see - maybe its crap this year after about pick 10.

No problem with Williams for 16.

We will get more good games out of Williams for 3 years than we would out of pick 16 for the next 10 years.

I'd actually think, if the deal is pick 16 for Williams plus pick 24 + pick 30 something, with this deal we are getting ourselves more into the draft. We will have 5 picks inside the top 50.

Lose: Lovett, Nash
Gain: Williams, 24, 37ish

I'm pretty happy with that, we now have 10, 24, 26 and Williams. We lost eight places in the draft and got Williams as a result.

OK, I am Tasmanian, I never get to listen to SEN, I am listening online and if I hear that National Tiles.. Frank Walker... commercial once more I will flip out and kill 100's of people, rip the tiles off my roof and lactate battery acid.

I feel your pain.

What about Aluminium Industries? Global warming? **** me dead, do you know how much power it takes to smelt aluminium? :rolleyes:

Williams is a gun, I absolutely spewing and cannot believe this has happened.

Williams is worth about the same as Burgoyne and has only been devalued by all because of Roughy and Buddy.

Willow will kick 70 goals plus for you next year, you watch.

:thumbsu:

TRADE NEWS: Essendon set to have picks 10, 24, 26 and a pick in the low 30s, along with Mark Williams but lose pick 16 and Nash to Power

Not bad at all people!

If we have down graded from 16 to 24-26 and got Williams (and feel comfortable about his knee) it a bloody good outcome. Essentially we received Williams and 26 for Lovett (with no contract).

Agree with Jonesy not 100% sure how the forward line will work as Williams is really an upgraded Monfries, but atleast we have a genuine classy small forwrad who is a lovely kick for goal. If we actually picked up a pick in the 30's for Nash I will be rapt!!

But, but but we dont have pick 16 any more. He was going to be the next Joel Selwood.

I'm ripping up my membership and ringing SEN. :rolleyes:

Oh god you're right. Pick 16 was going to be a guaranteed superstar!! A more durable version of Hird!!
Pick 24 (or w/e we get) on the other hand is going to be a mix of CJ's Hips, DMac's ability, Darren Walsh's size/strength and Cupido's determination.

Oh, new update from Adam White
TRADE NEWS: The big, complicated deal could be announced tonight that will finally see the Burgoyne deal official. It has been done!!!
11 minutes ago from web

Absolutely shattered about this. Gutted. I wore the number 6 to the 2008 granny- he and dewie won it for us.

For the sceptics- he has been in the shadow of roughy and buddy- before they were on the scene he was in the mix for the coleman 2 years in a row before injuries caught up with him. He was a shining light in the dark years 05/06- the day he kicked the winner against you guys in the wet was a ripper

Good luck, the boy can play, burgoyne would want to be good.

Me too.

I will never forget that passage of play with Willow and Dew when they beat 4 players to win us the flag.

Willow is so under-rated it is ridiculous.

How many forwards are good for 70 goals a year, and on top of this always play better in big games???

Who !!!!!!!!!! Name them.

Buddy
Roughy
Fevola
Brown

Then who?????????????

We got pick 26, Williams and another pick in the 30's for Pick 16.

I dont count Nash, he was going to be delisted.
We always had pick 26. Effectively we have Pick 30 something and Mark Williams for Andrew Lovett. Not too bad, assuming Mark Williams is over his knee problems. If not, we got royally screwed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:eek: What madness drove them to agree to this deal?

I am calling on the Essendon lunatics/ bandwagon/ don't have an idea supporters to ring every radio station and go nuts...exactly how Hawthorn supporters stopped 'Tarzen' Brown from getting traded...

:mad: what a disgraceful decision...

I'd actually think, if the deal is pick 16 for Williams plus pick 24 + pick 30 something, with this deal we are getting ourselves more into the draft. We will have 5 picks inside the top 50.

We won't use the last pick I'd imagine.

Probably go with 10, 24, 26 and 33 and leave the last one for the PSD (if we use it at all)

By my reckoning we have lost Lucas, Lloyd, Lovett and Nash leaving us with 4 spots to fill.

Putting all differences aside - he's going to be a great pick up for your club. Will provide some experience into the forward line since Lloyd and Lucas have retired.

Real shame he left us but at the end of the day, that football.

I change my mind.

SEN have confirmed that:

Essendon get:
Mark Williams
Pick 24

Essendon lose:
Jay Nash
Pick 16

Have we done well or what! :D

Willow will kick 70 goals plus for you next year, you watch.

We're hoping buddy, we're hoping.

Don't like downgrading our second pick in the draft for some guy who stuggles to meet team guidelines consistently; but I'm willing to go with it, as long as he delivers something back to the club I'm happy.

Not happy at all that we have given up pick 16 for a player who is riddled with injury and is past his prime. Hasn't done anything in years and is on par with a man with no legs. You suck knighta.

Since 2001 his worst is an average of a bit more than a goal a game
2004-2007 he avg'd more than 3 goals a game
2008 he avg'd more than 2 a game

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back