Toast Marley Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

His foot skills have been impressive so far. And seems to have some extra pace on last year's Marley.

Can't see Johnno getting a game anytime soon.

I've thought this kid from day one was the goods, and was harshly judged by many Pies fans on BF.
Good to see people rallying behind him. Still think there is room for BJ though, with players to be dropped on form to make way for him.

Marley was very good, but is not Johnson. He fulfills a different role, and I can't see him dobbing those 50m goals that were a trademark of Johnson at his peak. He was a playmaker. Williams is a stopper with extras.

Was impressive against ordinary opposition, with his disposal a real highlight given so many people knocked this side of his game. Need to continue to pump games into the kid as he looks the good as a small defender:thumbsu:

I always her that saying but have no idea what it means. do tell please..
Its a very old betting (bookmaking) term.
If a horse is 6 to 1 and another horse is "half a dozen" to 1 in effect they are the same thing because half a dozen = 6

So using it to compare Johno with Marley is saying they are both the same

Very good game last night, knew he was a hard nut, knew he could find the footy, now happy to see his disposal has improved enormously, did not see him miss a target last night.

I'm on the bandwagon, shows some real toughness and aggression at the contest. I think he'll be a good player in the Black & White for quite a length of time.

Future defence stocks look promising!

First to admit I doubted him, but he's having a really good crack at the moment. Very happy with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is his ticker that is the best part about him and he will not die wondering.I was very happy when the club rookied him,like Toovey he plays nice and tight and also like Toovs there are ? marks over his disposal but 94% effective disposal rate is not to be sneeze at.

Tracking well is young Marley and with his innate toughness he could very well be a long term player for the club and yes I think he could another 1 of Buckley,s boy,s.

The promising thing is he looks to of improved his kicking, lot better action and has the confidence to use it
Yeah that's the thing; his kicking was beyond atrocious in preseason, whereas since coming in during H & A it's been roughly league-average and acceptable for a player who doesn't get many possessions. Been very good defensively.

also he rarely has a disposal that isn't under intense pressure cos he tends to get it in one on ones with running forwards desperate to strip him of the ball and go for goal. Think that for a player that basically never gets near an uncontested ball is disposal efficiency isn't all that bad.

I remeber last year he was holding Buckley, Clarke and Johnson out of the team, looks ahead of Johnson, Clarke and Russell for mine.

FB: Shaw Brown Maxwell
HB: O'Brien Ried Seedsman and Williams as seventh seems to me to fulfil our requirements for defenders. Keeffe could come in later if Reid moves forward. Oxley is good insurance for Maxwell who has been iffy since coming back, as is a fit Russell. reckon with recurring injuries Johnno may have played his last.

Thing I love about Marley is that he really has the capacity ot get in the hip pocket of small forwards and just make their lives miserable and difficult. Reckon he has the potential to be as irritating as a Baker or a Guerra.

good get.

I think the change he has made with his disposal is that he is not just bombing it long any more. His kicking looks more controlled. time will tell if it holds up under greater pressure but good on him so far.

Keep this kid in the team Bucks, I feel pretty confident with the ball sailing over into the opposition forward 50 with Williams and another flog the only blokes there. He'll only get better with consistent games.

also he rarely has a disposal that isn't under intense pressure cos he tends to get it in one on ones with running forwards desperate to strip him of the ball and go for goal. Think that for a player that basically never gets near an uncontested ball is disposal efficiency isn't all that bad.

I remeber last year he was holding Buckley, Clarke and Johnson out of the team, looks ahead of Johnson, Clarke and Russell for mine.

FB: Shaw Brown Maxwell
HB: O'Brien Ried Seedsman and Williams as seventh seems to me to fulfil our requirements for defenders. Keeffe could come in later if Reid moves forward. Oxley is good insurance for Maxwell who has been iffy since coming back, as is a fit Russell. reckon with recurring injuries Johnno may have played his last.

Thing I love about Marley is that he really has the capacity ot get in the hip pocket of small forwards and just make their lives miserable and difficult. Reckon he has the potential to be as irritating as a Baker or a Guerra.

good get.
Good post, that would be my best 22 backline.

Loving the look of this kid.

Was worried about his disposal in the NAB cup, but it looks to have improved (also decision making).

I'm more confident with containing the smaller forwards now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Marley Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back