Marsh One-Day Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don't think he's all that good. That NZ knock secured him a much longer international career than he probably deserved.

Ha, I got two conversations mixed up. I was referring to Cartwright for some reason. Totally agree on Stoinis, a classic nothing cricketer.

Well we made hard work of it but a superb knock from SOS saw us home with good support from Agar & Stoinis who both had good all round games.
Nice start with the ball by Richo & NCN to put QLD on the back foot early.
ODD Title number 14 coming home to WA!

poetic Marsh wins the Marsh cup

Please no smart arse answers ,lol.but why is this 1 day tournament called the Marsh cup.Is it after a sponsor or after Geoff Marsh or who ever.I also see the Victorians are not called the Vict Bushrangers any more but just Victoria.Perhaps I am living in the past but Qld bulls,Vict bushrangers ,Tasmanian Devils etc as names for our state sides I struggle to understand why

Last edited:
Please no smart arse answers ,lol.but why is this 1 day tournament called the Marsh cup.Is it after a sponsor or after Geoff Marsh or who ever.I also see the Victorians are not called the Vict Bushrangers any more but just Victoria

Marsh is an insurance brokerage firm.

Victoria dropped the Bushrangers nickname and the Spirit nickname for the women's team last year in a move they claimed definitely had nothing to do with political correctness.

Victoria dropped the Bushrangers nickname and the Spirit nickname for the women's team last year in a move they claimed definitely had nothing to do with political correctness.

Appreciate your reply.at least I have given the Marsh insurance brokerage firm a bit of sponsor ship exposure,lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please no smart arse answers ,lol.but why is this 1 day tournament called the Marsh cup.Is it after a sponsor or after Geoff Marsh or who ever.I also see the Victorians are not called the Vict Bushrangers any more but just Victoria.Perhaps I am living in the past but Qld bulls,Vict bushrangers ,Tasmanian Devils etc as names for our state sides I struggle to understand why

i assume its a sponsor, nothing to do with the Marsh family

the scraping of bushrangers is just PC crap

i assume its a sponsor, nothing to do with the Marsh family

the scraping of bushrangers is just PC crap

WA has dropped the Warriors nickname as well though, so Vics weren't alone there

They said a serious answer.

It's named after Shaun's dad Rod.

Marsh looked an absolute class above yesterday, timing was incredible.

Good for the team to pick up another well-deserved trophy, would be nice to round all the recent short form success with a shield but that remains the final frontier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Marsh One-Day Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back