Game Day Marsh Series Game 2 v GWS at Robertson Oval Wagga Wagga March 8th 12.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Our final Marsh series game is a rematch of last years Grand Final against GWS which promises to be a great hit out as both teams look to ramp up preparations for the season proper.

Richmond should see the returns of Cotchin Martin Riewoldt Lynch Edwards & Houli after playing in Origin last Friday, while the Giants will get Cameron Whitfield Coniglio Haynes & Greene coming back but lose Taranto to injury.

With squads of 26 available it will be interesting to see who Richmond take up with the likes of Graham RCD Dow CCJ Stack Ross Garthwaite Chol Balta all looking to stake a claim for round 1 with Ellis & Nankervis spots up for grabs. Personally I'd pick our best available side and then pick 6 of the 9 above to fight for the remaining 2 spots, but the club may opt to rest a few blokes who had solid hitouts last week against the Pies and take all the fringe players up to have a real solid look at them against another quality opponent.

FWIW my current squad Id be playing is

B: Grimes Astbury Vlastuin
HB: Short Houli Baker
C: Broad Cotchin Caddy
HF: Rioli Castagna Bolton
F: Martin Riewoldt Lynch
R: Soldo Prestia Edwards
INT: Lambert Pickett Stack Ross Dow Garthwaite CCJ Balta

As for the Giants like us they will be welcoming back a number of Origin reps and will also be looking at locking in their best side heading into round 1 against Geelong and their possible side could look like this

B: Shaw Davis Taylor
HB: Haynes Corr Kennedy
C: Whitfield Hopper Cumming
HF: Greene Finlayson De Boer
F: Daniels Cameron Himmelberg
R: Jacobs Coniglio Caldwell
INT: Ash Hately Greene Cumming Langdon Buntine Briggs Lloyd

I definitely think they'll come out with a point to prove & wouldn't surprise me if we lose this one. But in the context of the season, I'm not worried either way....I trust the coaches....& club...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't care about w's or l's in pre-season, only about preparation for Round 1. However, I'd be taking in our strongest lineup, but maximizing the extended bench for some potential inclusions for the season proper, given that this is the last match before the real stuff begins.

B: Grimes, Astbury, Broad
HB: Houli, Vlastuin, Short
C: Caddy, Graham, Lambert
HF: Martin, Riewoldt, Edwards
F: Bolton, Lynch, Rioli
Foll: Nankervis, Cotchin, Prestia

INT: Soldo, Baker, Pickett, Castagna, Stack, Ross, Balta, RCD

Last edited:
B Balta, Grimes, Astbury
HB Houli, Vlastuin, Short
C Caddy, Prestia, Baker
HF Rioli, Lambert, Castagna
F Riewoldt, Lynch, Martin
Foll Soldo, Cotchin, Edwards
I/C Stack, Pickett, CCJ, Dow, Broad, Ross, Bolton, Higgins

In Riewoldt, Lynch, Cotchin, Martin, Edwards, Houli
Out Chol, Markov, RCD, Naish, Garthwaite, Aarts

Nank, KMac, Graham likely to get minutes in the VFL praccy

If we dont win by triple figures its clear we are suffering from a premiership hangover and will slide down the ladder this year......

Ill never understand why people put so much weight into these games though, its just the preseason

Last edited:
Broad Grimes Astbury
Houli Vlaustin Short
Edwards Prestia Graham
Rioli Riewoldt Caddy
Castagna Lynch Bolton
F Soldo Martin Cotchin
i Aarts Baker CCJ Dow Pickett Stack

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Marsh Series Game 2 v GWS at Robertson Oval Wagga Wagga March 8th 12.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back