Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Given how the other 2 movies bombed that were set in the present, I suppose they had to try make it a bit different.
I stand to be corrected but i thought the first iteration (with Evans and Alba) did okay, at least commercially.

The sequel to that iteration was bad and then the reboot with Teller and co was awful on all fronts.

Id note the "original" (Evans and Alba) was pretty kitschy and was at a completely different time for Marvel (no interconnectedness, no higher stakes etc).

It kind of has to be.

Im still really not sure how they roll the kitschy F4 nature into the current MCU but i suppose theyre not likely rolling Deadpool and other in so its a reset of sorts.
Probably follow the template of Captain America… origin story in the original time, then somehow land in the MCU world and have a fish out of water premise.

So i really liked Loki. I enjoyed FaTWS (noting not many others did) and Hawkeye but wouldnt call them great (probably wouldnt even call them very good).

Secret Wars was a train wreck, She Hulk i didnt care for, i never watched Echo.

Has the Disney TV experience really been worthwhile?

agreed. not sure if its supposed to be dark and scary, or a comedy.

Yeah, especially since her character was focal point for hijinx and humor, looks like an each way bet on both. Excited to see more horror elements in MCU (Werewolf by Night was really good) but don't think her character is the right choice for a horror driven show.

So i really liked Loki. I enjoyed FaTWS (noting not many others did) and Hawkeye but wouldnt call them great (probably wouldnt even call them very good).

Big no from me.

Wandavision had it's moments and Moonknight was something different at least but almost all were pretty forgettable. Loki had a much better second season.

but wouldnt call them great (probably wouldnt even call them very good).

I don't think so. They've been anchored creatively by the movies, but have the bulk of them really added to the universe? Wouldn't have thought so.

Yeah, especially since her character was focal point for hijinx and humor, looks like an each way bet on both. Excited to see more horror elements in MCU (Werewolf by Night was really good) but don't think her character is the right choice for a horror driven show.
Yeh Werewolf by night was great.
Big no from me.

Wandavision had it's moments and Moonknight was something different at least but almost all were pretty forgettable. Loki had a much better second season.
I hated Wandavision but it was pretty highly rated. Completely forgot about Moon Knight, i dont think i finished it TBF.

Ive enjoyed What If but that feels like a totally different thing that only proper little nerds like me bothered with.

I don't think so. They've been anchored creatively by the movies, but have the bulk of them really added to the universe? Wouldn't have thought so.
Its a real each way bet, some of it has ramifications into the MCU and some of it doesnt. Even as a big MCU fan ive found it very difficult to track all of it and how it relates.

Aside from the TVA and its inclusion in Deadpool im not sure much else has mattered materailly.

Yeh Werewolf by night was great.

I hated Wandavision but it was pretty highly rated. Completely forgot about Moon Knight, i dont think i finished it TBF.

Ive enjoyed What If but that feels like a totally different thing that only proper little nerds like me bothered with.
Yeah What If is a good shout. It being animated almost feels like a different category to the others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a real each way bet, some of it has ramifications into the MCU and some of it doesnt. Even as a big MCU fan ive found it very difficult to track all of it and how it relates.

Aside from the TVA and its inclusion in Deadpool im not sure much else has mattered materailly.

Yep this is been something that I’ve been pondering this time, there really isn’t that interconnectivity that was once a hallmark of the MCU. There really isn’t that need to keep up with all of the various projects as there isn’t that same downstream effect for the next one.

Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing however there’s clearly been opportunities missed. For example, the Loki finale with He Who Remains, I thought for sure that was going to be related to the multiverse cracking open in No Way Home (from the depiction of the sky cracking). Aside from the WandaVision backstory benefitting someone then watching her arc in Dr Strange 2, and TVA/Deadpool, I can’t think of too many other things that directly tie in.

All these series/films, and still nothing on Shang Chi (which I maintain has been one of the best since Endgame).

Between the Agatha series, Ironheart (not sure when released thoigh) and Wonderman, this is probably the last of the Bob Chapek era of green lighting almost every project that came across his desk at the time. Agatha I don’t particularly have any desire for however as Jatz said I will inevitably tune in for it at some point.

Ditto. Katherine Hahn and Aubrey Plaza but... Theyll almost make me watch anything.

i must admit ive not seen Hahn in many films except step brothers and when i see her i think comedy and even then i cant see the comedic value. Shes just there for mine. But obviously successful so credit.

i liked warewolf and moon night.

Who knows, perhaps Agatha will be the one to reveal who bought Avengers Tower, or perhaps discuss this:

View attachment 2043286

Nothing to see here

i must admit ive not seen Hahn in many films except step brothers and when i see her i think comedy and even then i cant see the comedic value. Shes just there for mine. But obviously successful so credit.

Nothing to see here

No problemo, just sweep it under the rug.

1286017.gif

Nothing to see here
Hahn is a bit of a bit parter and has tended more toward comedy but her dramatic stuff has been pretty good (inparticular Ms.Fletcher, I Know This Much is True and This is Where I Leave You).

I think shes a really good choice if its similar to Wandavision with a bit of a mixed tone. Im just not really sure there is THAT compelling a story arc for Agatha from the Wandavision series.

The TV shows have been very hit and miss.

I loved WandaVision, Loki S1 and Moon Knight, and enjoyed a lot of the others.

She Hulk was garbage. Secret Wars a major disappointment.

I've been looking forward to Agatha but it doesn't look great.

I am hopeful on the Wakanda series.

*Secret Invasion.

Had a lot of promise however ended up being very poorly done. Such a waste of a stacked cast. Olivia Colman and Ben Mendehlson in particular, they carried that show. The series suffered whenever they weren’t on screen. Such a disappointment that was.

I still hold out hope for Secret Wars. If they nail Battleworld of course.

This is Where I Leave You

oh yes i enjoyed that film. very good!

The TV shows have been very hit and miss.

I loved WandaVision, Loki S1 and Moon Knight, and enjoyed a lot of the others.

She Hulk was garbage. Secret Wars a major disappointment.

I've been looking forward to Agatha but it doesn't look great.

I am hopeful on the Wakanda series.

The Secret show....i think i stopped after a few Es. Sadly disney keeps telling me "continue watching?" reminding me that i have no appetite for it.

The Secret show....i think i stopped after a few Es. Sadly disney keeps telling me "continue watching?" reminding me that i have no appetite for it.

Eh, I generally finish shows that I start unless they're absolutely terrible. Particularly if there's a chance (as with all Marvel stuff) that something in that show will carry on into future shows and/or movies.

You're not missing out on much if you don't finish Secret Wars IMO.

I haven't watched Werewolf By Night or What If...? season 2.

Eh, I generally finish shows that I start unless they're absolutely terrible. Particularly if there's a chance (as with all Marvel stuff) that something in that show will carry on into future shows and/or movies.

I must admit Jere, its a chore to get through a lot of streamign shows these days. there's so much on. And half the fun of loading say disney up is to scroll through to find something to watch and then before you know it it's bedtime

Werewold by Night is well worth the time (think its only an hour or so too) particularly if you like the old creature feature horror films of the 40s, 50s and 60s.

What If... season 2 i enjoyed but you wouldnt miss much if you dont watch it.

I must admit Jere, its a chore to get through a lot of streamign shows these days. there's so much on. And half the fun of loading say disney up is to scroll through to find something to watch and then before you know it it's bedtime
Weve got 5 month old twins and a 3 year old. Had a great little routine to sneak in one or two eps during sleeptimes but now the twins have changed their sleep times and we have absolutely no time for anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back