Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I must admit Jere, its a chore to get through a lot of streamign shows these days. there's so much on. And half the fun of loading say disney up is to scroll through to find something to watch and then before you know it it's bedtime

Yeah, there's a lot out there. Maybe too much. In fact definitely too much when you consider so much of it looks like absolute garbage.

Werewold by Night is well worth the time (think its only an hour or so too) particularly if you like the old creature feature horror films of the 40s, 50s and 60s.

Problem is I absolutely ****ing hate the horror genre.

Won't even do comedic horrors. 🤣

What If... season 2 i enjoyed but you wouldnt miss much if you dont watch it.

I just didn't enjoy S1 all that much. In fact I'm not even sure I finished it.

Thought What If season 1 was very well put together and I enjoyed the overarching story in the one, Vision with the stones etc. Any scene with King Chadwick was also a highlight for me.

Struggled a bit with the second season. Perhaps the concept is getting stale.

Thought What If season 1 was very well put together and I enjoyed the overarching story in the one, Vision with the stones etc. Any scene with King Chadwick was also a highlight for me.

You wouldn't think that could/should happen that quickly but I suppose you get to the point where the novelty wears off.

Ok sure - what if? But ultimately that's not what happened. You could what if a million things from that universe haha.

What if... S1 is better than S2

Yeah S2 got a bit boring.

S1 was des better, i still quite enjoyed S2.

I think S1 was new and nouvelle. It was fun. Importantly it was out during the Covid pandemic so we couldnt really do much. WI1 provided some good escapism which MAY inflate it's worth.....but I do think it was a cracking season and show and better than 2.

So i really liked Loki. I enjoyed FaTWS (noting not many others did) and Hawkeye but wouldnt call them great (probably wouldnt even call them very good).

Secret Wars was a train wreck, She Hulk i didnt care for, i never watched Echo.

Has the Disney TV experience really been worthwhile?
Wandavision was pretty solid and at least affected the broader universe a bit.

Ms Marvel was a total grind and did nothing more than set up the Marvels. I think if they’d just made straight up Captain Marvel 2 a few more people would have turned up.

I think if they had their time over they would have drastically reduced output. It’s really dragged the brand into the mud. It went from being an event film 2-3 times a year to total saturation, most of it bland or worse.

Wandavision was pretty solid and at least affected the broader universe a bit.

Ms Marvel was a total grind and did nothing more than set up the Marvels. I think if they’d just made straight up Captain Marvel 2 a few more people would have turned up.

I think if they had their time over they would have drastically reduced output. It’s really dragged the brand into the mud. It went from being an event film 2-3 times a year to total saturation, most of it bland or worse.

Just had to do D+ exclusive movies or at reduce 3-4 episodes with tighter writing.

Some of the post end game movies have felt like they were going through motions, but some of the shows would have been infinitely better with tighter writing and no an overabundance of fluff and filler.

Seems very apparent Feige being spread way too thin as a result of studio pressure to rush content out to drive up D+ subs.

Just had to do D+ exclusive movies or at reduce 3-4 episodes with tighter writing.

Some of the post end game movies have felt like they were going through motions, but some of the shows would have been infinitely better with tighter writing and no an overabundance of fluff and filler.

Seems very apparent Feige being spread way too thin as a result of studio pressure to rush content out to drive up D+ subs.
I totally agree but I think they were motivated by getting D+ subscriptions up, ie a lot of Star Wars, MCU series with 8-10 episodes dropped weekly so people would subscribe all year round.

The other problem is the production quality. By applying a single film’s budget to a long series each episode is obviously going to look a lot cheaper than fans are used to. Some of the effects are woeful.

That's a good trailer

The budget for this was $300 million? I've seen better looking films on budget for $20mill. Heck there are direct to dvd's that look better than what Disney produce lol

Last edited:
Cautiously optimistic. Captures the espionage and political vibe etc of Winter Soldier. However I’ve said that before, Secret Invasion for example, and it’s proven to just be bait. Ten years since TWS, it still stands the test of time, phenomenal film that was.

Decent trailer, didn’t think they’d reveal Red Hulk yet. Isiah Bradley, yes please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other problem is the production quality. By applying a single film’s budget to a long series each episode is obviously going to look a lot cheaper than fans are used to. Some of the effects are woeful.

Going back as far as the first Avengers movie a lot of the cgi/obvious green screen work looked cheap and nasty - borderline tv episode quality as well :p

Didn’t need to see another trailer for me however that was very well put together. Clearly going to be many more cameos that have been kept under wraps.

Russo Brothers are also back in negotiations to direct Secret Wars, and/or Avengers 5 if that still happens in some shape or form.

Didn’t need to see another trailer for me however that was very well put together. Clearly going to be many more cameos that have been kept under wraps.

It looks great but…

Why did they show Laura?

Always had a feeling she was going to be in it but the confirmation is a bit strange.

Marvel often does stuff like that right before the movies are released but in this instance I don’t really get it.

It’s not as though they’re going to struggle to get people to theatres to see this one…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back