Maryborough Castlemaine District FL (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what i hear an absolute bargain,and yes our facilities are up to scratch.I heard tonight our club just received a $ 200,000+ grant, so i guess we will only get better.Perhaps you need some one at your club to put in the hard yards and improve your facilities, just like Newstead have. Or perhaps just sit back and whine about the clubs who are having a go. I believe part of our new grant is a players gymnasium, which will be much appreciated by our playing group. Just a little helping hand Sherman, if your club is in a town with level 3 water restictions.Goverment grants for bores, sprinkler systems, and ground improvements are an absoulute shoe in, but i am sure you already new that, as we are a fair bit behind your clubs way of thinking.As i have already said, get some one from your club of there ass to put in the hard yards, so we can all play on good grounds.
Ignorence is no excuse.

Maybe if your energy was put towards finding a viable water solution rather than defending your club on this forum the job wouldve been completed by now.

From what i hear an absolute bargain,and yes our facilities are up to scratch.I heard tonight our club just received a $ 200,000+ grant, so i guess we will only get better.Perhaps you need some one at your club to put in the hard yards and improve your facilities, just like Newstead have. Or perhaps just sit back and whine about the clubs who are having a go. I believe part of our new grant is a players gymnasium, which will be much appreciated by our playing group. Just a little helping hand Sherman, if your club is in a town with level 3 water restictions.Goverment grants for bores, sprinkler systems, and ground improvements are an absoulute shoe in, but i am sure you already new that, as we are a fair bit behind your clubs way of thinking.As i have already said, get some one from your club of there ass to put in the hard yards, so we can all play on good grounds.
Ignorence is no excuse.

gee it was only a little bit of friendly banter puma, bit touchy... ill just click my fingers and get it done for u then iron glove...click click, problem solved.lol..mate we all know it needs to be done and work has been done on improveing it, as king rich has said the ground has improved and will continue to , just give it time..

gee it was only a little bit of friendly banter puma, bit touchy... ill just click my fingers and get it done for u then iron glove...click click, problem solved.lol..mate we all know it needs to be done and work has been done on improveing it, as king rich has said the ground has improved and will continue to , just give it time..

im pretty sure that most grounds are bloody hard during the season, even the ones with grass cover on them,all u newsted ppl stop whinging about talbot, just coz they are better than u. u may have some recruits this year but hey, u will need them coz u were sh!t last year, at least talbot could match it for 4 quarters against the quality of the competition

Puma you have no idea what you are commenting on. Talbot has a bore.... just bugger all water comes out of it. Sinking a bore is not a magical source of never ending water.... it can be hit and miss. What good is a sprinkler system with no water??? Like I have said Talbot has put a lot of time and effort into fixing it and have been a bit unlucky so far. Our next best option IMO is to resurface the whole oval with better drought resistant grass....... this is a costly and time consuming thing to do which I highly doubt a grant would be able to cover this. Like I have said we have had to truck water on every year for as long as I can remember because at this stage we cannot find a decent water supply.

Avoca has had that grant secured for a while now so you obviously dont have your finger on the pulse at that club like you claim either. Your club has good facilities long before you ever blew in there so you can hardly take much credit for that! I dont mind people knocking our ground etc..... but dont knock our hard working committee who do a hell of a lot of work and certainly aren't stupid. I dare say we have attained more grants over the years than a lot of other clubs because we do "get off our arses" so to speak.

Puma you have no idea what you are commenting on. Talbot has a bore.... just bugger all water comes out of it. Sinking a bore is not a magical source of never ending water.... it can be hit and miss. What good is a sprinkler system with no water??? Like I have said Talbot has put a lot of time and effort into fixing it and have been a bit unlucky so far. Our next best option IMO is to resurface the whole oval with better drought resistant grass....... this is a costly and time consuming thing to do which I highly doubt a grant would be able to cover this. Like I have said we have had to truck water on every year for as long as I can remember because at this stage we cannot find a decent water supply.

Avoca has had that grant secured for a while now so you obviously dont have your finger on the pulse at that club like you claim either. Your club has good facilities long before you ever blew in there so you can hardly take much credit for that! I dont mind people knocking our ground etc..... but dont knock our hard working committee who do a hell of a lot of work and certainly aren't stupid. I dare say we have attained more grants over the years than a lot of other clubs because we do "get off our arses" so to speak.

Was there any truth king to the talk that you had good water there, but accidentally pushed the bore in while doing some work near it.King i understand grounds are hard but to treat it as some sought of home ground advantage like you have talked about in the past, i think is counter productive. don't get me wrong king i couldn't give a toss how you treat your own players on your home ground, i suppose in the end your there every second week, plus training so you're right we shouldn't whinge.Point taken. just on not knowing what i am talking about king,covering your ground with drought proof grass is classed as aiding to drought proof your ground therefore assistance is available. On the footy is last years league B&f going around again or going back to Maine?

How's everyone battling against Maryborough's under 18's attempts to recruit players from District League clubs? We've had just about every decent junior targeted and some with the tag of playing 'more rewarding football' which is a very interesting comment considering the grief some ex Borough players have been given for going to Bendigo Bombers this year.

Thoughts?

How's everyone battling against Maryborough's under 18's attempts to recruit players from District League clubs? We've had just about every decent junior targeted and some with the tag of playing 'more rewarding football' which is a very interesting comment considering the grief some ex Borough players have been given for going to Bendigo Bombers this year.

Thoughts?

dont forget the u wont play rebels line if u play district league footy...but yes i believe they have tried a couple of our kids too...

slightly off the topic here, but PUMA how did u guys go in the 20/20 match against bacchus marsh?? did u win , if so ill be seeng u next sunday..

maybe time to talk some footy and perhaps not avoca vs talbot in a forum grudge match! bushy once again had a solid 25 at training tonight, from all reports was just a light session to get back into it again. certainly lookin better than last year!

I dont mind people knocking our ground etc..... but dont knock our hard working committee who do a hell of a lot of work and certainly aren't stupid.

Didn't you say something similar about the Newstead Football Club last week. :thumbsdown:

On the footy is last years league B&f going around again or going back to Maine?

Last I heard it was doubtful. That was a long time ago so things probably have changed since then and bridges maybe mended. I can only imagine Castlemaine will be pretty desperate to keep him and do everything to keep him from walking.

Any news on Creek for this season?

A Talbot junior went in to Maryborough to train during this pre-season and hated it. Apparently no one talked to him....... nothing much has changed obviously. Maryborough tend to be their own worst enemy and need to develop a friendly working relationship with the district league clubs rather than continuing to go behind their backs.

Was there any truth king to the talk that you had good water there, but accidentally pushed the bore in while doing some work near it.King i understand grounds are hard but to treat it as some sought of home ground advantage like you have talked about in the past, i think is counter productive. don't get me wrong king i couldn't give a toss how you treat your own players on your home ground, i suppose in the end your there every second week, plus training so you're right we shouldn't whinge.Point taken. just on not knowing what i am talking about king,covering your ground with drought proof grass is classed as aiding to drought proof your ground therefore assistance is available. On the footy is last years league B&f going around again or going back to Maine?

There is nothing I can do personally do about the ground. Clubs openly state they hate playing at Talbot so I am happy to push that! Any edge you can get in footy these days is worth it, be it physical or mental.

Prickles more than likely to stay last I heard. But again I'm not 100% sure and haven't really spoken to anyone. Talbot's recruiting is going well so that should aid our cause.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had our first official training session friday night with about 30 training.
Looking like losing Tim Heenan overseas at this stage not sure about any other developments. Will have some good kids coming through with a fair few that will be able to make the step up. Few of the boys have come back looking fairly fit and keen so we will see how we go...

Brooks oval is in great shape.

I notice you neglected to comment on ur own fitness Rojer?? Did you blow a bit first up?? :D

Thoughts?

They also use the line 'that u will be able to play with all your mates' making it sound as tho u dont hav any mates back at your own club

I'm from a different league and was wondering if you lads could fill me in on how Talbot went last year and how you all think they will fare this year.

The only thing I can tell about the club from the forum is that they have a crap ground! haha.

I'm from a different league and was wondering if you lads could fill me in on how Talbot went last year and how you all think they will fare this year.

The only thing I can tell about the club from the forum is that they have a crap ground! haha.

Talbot finished the year fifth, played Avoca in the first final. From a oppositions perspective last year they depended heavily on a couple of key players.They play a fairly physical style of footy. They do have a few good young kids,as for this year like everybody, they are an unknown quantity.They have got a new coach this year,who from all accounts may play if his body holds up, he may also bring a couple of new faces. IMO they need to keep Martin, Bond and Bright if they add a few more to there list they will be very competative in 09. But i think we all may need to improve, as no one is sitting idle over the new year.

Talbot finished the year fifth, played Avoca in the first final. From a oppositions perspective last year they depended heavily on a couple of key players.They play a fairly physical style of footy. They do have a few good young kids,as for this year like everybody, they are an unknown quantity.They have got a new coach this year,who from all accounts may play if his body holds up, he may also bring a couple of new faces. IMO they need to keep Martin, Bond and Bright if they add a few more to there list they will be very competative in 09. But i think we all may need to improve, as no one is sitting idle over the new year.

I agree with that wrap up. Bit more depth and Talbot will be right in the hunt.

Heard at work this morning that Talbot have snatched a few players from North Bendigo. Any truth to that?

Heard at work this morning that Talbot have snatched a few players from North Bendigo. Any truth to that?

The coach has snaffled a few Bendigo boys from what I hear but I haven't seen them yet mate so I have no idea where they are from. The recruits that I have seen so far have all been from Ballarat way. Gee training tonight was a treat in that heat!

The coach has snaffled a few Bendigo boys from what I hear but I haven't seen them yet mate so I have no idea where they are from. The recruits that I have seen so far have all been from Ballarat way. Gee training tonight was a treat in that heat!

will be good to see how talbot have gone recruit wise. from what i've heard and read, it could be a lot closer thru the whole league than previous years which would be good. nearly clearance time too which should be interesting. you're heading off soon too aren't ya rich?

will be good to see how talbot have gone recruit wise. from what i've heard and read, it could be a lot closer thru the whole league than previous years which would be good. nearly clearance time too which should be interesting. you're heading off soon too aren't ya rich?

Yeah will be out of here very shortly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad