Maryborough Castlemaine District FL (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably right sherm had you been wearing an Avoca jumper you probably would have got a free kick ! Thats because you would have been first to the ball and on the bottom of the pack. By your comment do you think the umpiring cahnged the outcome of the game?

Puma that comment was not made at your club, and no i do not believe they changed the outcome of the game. I have always said you were a good team and u showed us that last saturday.

My statement was directed at the umpires, as i feel at times they are influenced by players opinions on ther field. There were some soft and dubious free kicks given at times and im sure u can attest to that. It just seems at times that if you throw your head around and moan that the whislte will pop up.

I really think that umpires should be held accountable for their actions if they are not up to scracth, just like players are. The standard needs to lift.

As mentioned Puma not a stab at the way u played or we played, just a stab at the umpires. I can see though how you would have interpreted it that way with wording.

I will note though that the inside 50m free kick count was 10-1 Avoca's way. Yes some of them were prob there but your always gonna be up against it when the count is like that.

MARYBOROUGH CASTLEMAINE DISTRICT FOOTBALL LEAGUE
30/05/2009
RESULTS FOR MARYBOROUGH CASTLEMAINE DFL > SENIOR
Dunolly 12.7 (79) defeated Newstead 9.12 (66)
Talbot 23.14 (152) defeated Harcourt 8.8 (56)
Royal Park 13.6 (84) defeated Trentham 10.13 (73)
Avoca 13.10 (88) defeated Carisbrook 7.8 (50)
Maryborough Rovers18.13(121 defeated Campbell's Creek 10.7 (67)
RESULTS FOR MARYBOROUGH CASTLEMAINE DFL > RESERVES
Newstead 13.9 (87) defeated Dunolly 6.6 (42)
Talbot 8.12 (60) defeated Harcourt 7.9 (51)
Trentham 14.8 (92) defeated Royal Park 11.8 (74)
Carisbrook 6.5 (41) defeated Avoca 4.2 (26)
Maryborough Rovers 19.13(127)defeated Campbell's Creek 4.6 (30)
RESULTS FOR MARYBOROUGH CASTLEMAINE DFL > U/17
Newstead 17.8 (110) defeated Dunolly 5.5 (35)
Talbot 16.11 (107) defeated Harcourt 3.3 (21)
Royal Park won by forfeit Trentham
Carisbrook 9.8 (62) defeated Avoca 4.1 (25)
Campbell's Creek 8.11 (59) defeated Maryborough Rovers 5.6 (36)
RESULTS FOR 2009 MCDFL NETBALL > A GRADE
Dunolly (54) defeated Newstead (29)
Talbot (42) defeated Harcourt (34)
Royal Park won by Forfeit Trentham
Avoca (60) defeated Carisbrook (24)
Campbells Creek (39) defeated Maryborough Rov (35)

RESULTS FOR 2009 MCDFL NETBALL > B GRADE
Dunolly (44) defeated Newstead (20)
Harcourt (42) defeated Talbot (34)
Royal Park (44) defeated Trentham (7)
Avoca (37) defeated Carisbrook (11)
Maryborough Rov (44) defeated Campbells Creek (10)
RESULTS FOR 2009 MCDFL NETBALL>C GRADE
Dunolly (50) defeated Newstead (12)
Harcourt (47) defeated Talbot (10)
Royal Park (44) defeated Trentham (7)
Avoca (50) defeated Carisbrook (22)
Maryborough Rov (46) defeated Campbells Creek (20)
RESULTS FOR 2009 MCDFL NETBALL > U/17
Newstead (30) defeated Dunolly (27)
Harcourt (36) defeated Talbot (19)
Royal Park (15) defeated Trentham (13)
Avoca (24) defeated Carisbrook (20)
Maryborough Rov (34) defeated Campbells Creek (13)

RESULTS FOR 2009 MCDFL NETBALL > U/15
Newstead (49) defeated Dunolly (10)
Harcourt won by Forfeit Talbot
Trentham (26) defeated Royal Park (7)
Carisbrook (34) defeated Avoca (14)
Campbells Creek (34) defeated Maryborough Rov (12)

Good win by the botters on the weekend! Looks like Harcourt will be out of the finals for the first time in many years!

Did you cop a bit over the fence against Avoca did you Sherman??? :D Hows the interleague side shaping up??

Who do we think will win the interleague?

Good win by the botters on the weekend! Looks like Harcourt will be out of the finals for the first time in many years!

Did you cop a bit over the fence against Avoca did you Sherman??? :D Hows the interleague side shaping up??

Looks like the apple eaters finally ran out of $$$$

I heard M.Ramsey is not playing interleague, his playing for Victoria Country same weekend. Will be a big lose for sure.

I heard M.Ramsey is not playing interleague, his playing for Victoria Country same weekend. Will be a big lose for sure.
If he is playing 4 vic does that mean Tommy Mullane-Grant from lexton plains will also be playin in that???

Any ideas on what the Senior or U/19 teams will look like at this stage?

Looks like the apple eaters finally ran out of $$$$

Not sure. They still have a fair nucleus of good players at the club including Smith, Hutchinson etc. Obviously they have lost a number of quality players the last couple of years that haven't been replaced. Their depth is also not as strong this year as evidence by their twos being way down on normal performances as well. Was always bound to happen, they have probably been the most successful seniors/reserves club over the last 10 years. Brook would be up there also obviously.

Ladder After Round 7

Avoca - 28points
Carisbrook - 24
Maldon - 20
Dunolly - 20
Newstead - 16
Talbot - 16
Maryborough Rovers - 16
Harcourt - 16
Royal Park - 8
Campbell's Creek - 4
Trentham - 4

Will this ladder change much for the rest of the year? I would think Talbot will replace either Newstead or Dunolly in the 5 by years end. Newstead dropping games to Talbot and now Dunolly may hurt them in the long run. It's a biased opinion, but I believe Talbot will come home strong and still have a bit to say in September.

Which club has been the biggest surprise?

Which club has been the biggest disappointment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladder After Round 7

Avoca - 28points
Carisbrook - 24
Maldon - 20
Dunolly - 20
Newstead - 16
Talbot - 16
Maryborough Rovers - 16
Harcourt - 16
Royal Park - 8
Campbell's Creek - 4
Trentham - 4

Will this ladder change much for the rest of the year? I would think Talbot will replace either Newstead or Dunolly in the 5 by years end. Newstead dropping games to Talbot and now Dunolly may hurt them in the long run. It's a biased opinion, but I believe Talbot will come home strong and still have a bit to say in September.

Which club has been the biggest surprise?

Which club has been the biggest disappointment?[/quote

I think the beginning to the year just goes to show how far the league has come and the improvement in sides... Any of the top 5 - 6 can beat one another i believe on their day. Avoca and Brook seem to be streaking away a little, but are not unbeatable (Newstead were 40 points ahead of Avoca before fading completley, Dunolly only just went down to Brook), Maldon lost to Dunolly, yet beat Talbot etc.

I would say the top 6 will remain the same, but am not sure of the order... Those who said Motlop was "overweight" obviously didn't see him last weekend when he was on fire, so they may be a side to stay in... I would think when Newstead finally get it together and get a full side in they will come home strong so may stay in there - It may well be Maldon who miss, I like a few have been suprised at their start to the season but I am still waiting for them to slide.

Newstead v Maldon in a few weeks will be a great game and may go a long way to deciding who makes the 5...

I would say the top 6 will remain the same, but am not sure of the order... Those who said Motlop was "overweight" obviously didn't see him last weekend when he was on fire, so they may be a side to stay in... I would think when Newstead finally get it together and get a full side in they will come home strong so may stay in there - It may well be Maldon who miss, I like a few have been suprised at their start to the season but I am still waiting for them to slide.

Newstead v Maldon in a few weeks will be a great game and may go a long way to deciding who makes the 5...

Motlop was considerably heavier in the first 2 weeks than what we saw last week. He's been doing a fair bit of work and it's paid off.

In some ways, finals have already started. There are a lot of games billed as 'must win' and we are less than half way through the season.

Mid season clearances will be of great interest too from what I hear and know.

Motlop was considerably heavier in the first 2 weeks than what we saw last week. He's been doing a fair bit of work and it's paid off.

In some ways, finals have already started. There are a lot of games billed as 'must win' and we are less than half way through the season.

Mid season clearances will be of great interest too from what I hear and know.

Which clubs will be making waves with clearances JD? And are they incoming or outgoing?

MCDFNL Selected Team

Backs: Pat Cummins, Brad Fraser. Jay Anderson
H/Backs: Ben Kick, Dion Hedger, Ash Grant
Centres: Matthew Smith, Tony Bellenger, David Clark
H/Fwd: Luke Treacy, Keiran Robinson, Brendon Hedger
Fwd: Christian Kelly, James McNamee, Adrian Pilgrim
Rucks: Mark Oxley, Josh Hutchinson
Rover: Ethan Ford

Int: Tim Bright, Josh Grant, Sam Kaye, Sam Kerr,
Nick Robinson, Jeremy Sanders. (6 on bench)

Motlop and Field not playing, both have knee injuries.

MCDFNL Under 19 Squad

Coach’s: Gavin Bayne and Jim Long
Runner: Don Culvenor
Team Manager: Richard Wright

1. Tom Wright
Carisbrook
2. Nathan Coghlan
Avoca
3. Brendan Josey
Campbells Creek
4. Andrew Jardine
M/Rovers
5.Rhys Ford
Campbells Creek
6. Luke Whitehouse
Trentham
7. Dane Winstanley
Maldon
8. Andrew Lovett
Newstead
9. Jayden Hooper
M/Rovers
10. Aaron Carr
Carisbrook
11. Jonathon Gray
Carisbrook
12. Matthew Walker
Carisbrook
13. Kane Heathcock
Talbot
14. Jake Vorbach
Trentham
15. Kyle Lierich
Dunolly
16. David Carroll
Maldon
17. Corey Taylor
M/Rovers
18. Lachlan Cunningham
Dunolly
19. Lachlan Chapman
Newstead
20. Matt Culvenor
Newstead
21. Dylan McLean
Carisbrook
22. Liam Mottram
Dunolly
23. Tom Cain
Maldon
24. Tom Reece
Newstead
25. Travis Myles
Trentham
26. Lachlan Liddicoat
Dunolly

UNDER 16 TEAM IS AS FOLLOWS

BACKS COLLINS CHAPMAN DRAKE

H BACKS SCOLES McKNIGHT SUNBLOM

CENTRE FURNISS EHERTON GATTI

CHF HEPBURN SHORT CLARK

FWD ROBERTS WITTINGSLOW MURDOCH

INTER GOODMAN BARKER JENNISON BROOKES HUMPHRIES BYRNE

EMERG CUNNINGHAM CANN

Happy with that interleague side. Is it just me or do we look a little tall around the ground?? Do we have enough runners in there?? Would have been great to see Motlop suit up but that was always going to be a long shot one would have thought.

Well done and good luck to all the boys selected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNDER 16 TEAM IS AS FOLLOWS

BACKS COLLINS CHAPMAN DRAKE

H BACKS SCOLES McKNIGHT SUNBLOM

CENTRE FURNISS EHERTON GATTI

CHF HEPBURN SHORT CLARK

FWD ROBERTS WITTINGSLOW MURDOCH

INTER GOODMAN BARKER JENNISON BROOKES HUMPHRIES BYRNE

RUCKS RUGGLES BASTIN ROWE

EMERG CUNNINGHAM CANN

Sorry guys forgot to add the rucks/rovers etc

Which clubs will be making waves with clearances JD? And are they incoming or outgoing?
My mail is Dunolly has signed another former AFL player in Robbie Ahmat...

He is 37 but from all reports still very much a dangerous player. Can we confirm or deny that Johnny?

My mail is Dunolly has signed another former AFL player in Robbie Ahmat...

He is 37 but from all reports still very much a dangerous player. Can we confirm or deny that Johnny?

I can't confirm the story kid but can tell you Ahmat turns 32 this year.

So interleague tomorrow. Fair chance it could be wet and guaranteed it will be cold. How are the MCDFL boys going to go? Lexton Plains is generally considered to be the stronger league but the proof will be in the pudding at 5.00 pm on Saturday. What are the key match ups and where will this game be won or lost. You would think Ox can give our midfielders a fair crack at clearing the pill out of the middle and our forward line looks awesome. Thoughts?
The u/19 game should be an absolute cracker also. Fast paced,skilled and hopefully plenty of MCDFL legends of the coming years on show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad