Maryborough Castlemaine District FL (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the talk of Dunolly coming to Darwin to recruit players, it seems another MCDFL club has quietly gone about their business and landed one of the NT Thunder list from 09. Good signing.

Yes Carisbrooke have done extrememly well from all reports with this signing. Word is he will dominate, what is the connection though? How did they manage too come across this gun.

I play cricket with two blokes who worked for NTFL and they have guaranteed me that this bloke is way to good for this compitition.

Yes Carisbrooke have done extrememly well from all reports with this signing. Word is he will dominate, what is the connection though? How did they manage too come across this gun.

I play cricket with two blokes who worked for NTFL and they have guaranteed me that this bloke is way to good for this compitition.

Robbie Ahmat is the link. He's signed with them too. I spoke to him Christmas eve and he told me he had heaps of gun players ready to go wherever he was going for 2010.

Dingo is probably a top 10 player in the league up here and could have a go at VFL or SANFL if he wanted. He hasn't played since Round 16 when he went off with a shoulder injury against Tiwi Bombers but I'm sure he'll be right for round 1.

On another note, any truth to the 2 Bonds from Talbot signing at Lexton?

Robbie Ahmat is the link. He's signed with them too. I spoke to him Christmas eve and he told me he had heaps of gun players ready to go wherever he was going for 2010.

Dingo is probably a top 10 player in the league up here and could have a go at VFL or SANFL if he wanted. He hasn't played since Round 16 when he went off with a shoulder injury against Tiwi Bombers but I'm sure he'll be right for round 1.

That is great news for the Carisbrook boys!!!! Now they can pay a heap of money to players that are going to fly in for 6 weeks of the year on the Friday night and straight back out on the Saturday for a season before the money dries up...

Lets just hope if they make the grand final they earn their money a little more than Dunolly's did in the big one in 2009 (Motlop being the exception obviously)

That is great news for the Carisbrook boys!!!! Now they can pay a heap of money to players that are going to fly in for 6 weeks of the year on the Friday night and straight back out on the Saturday for a season before the money dries up...

Lets just hope if they make the grand final they earn their money a little more than Dunolly's did in the big one in 2009 (Motlop being the exception obviously)

That's a bit rough on TK. He had a great season for Dunolly. He was great value for money, he lived in town, trained all the time, the guys thought the world of him, and both parties would go again if he hadn't retired from Southern Footy. He still says the GF was the worst game he has ever produced and nobody at Dunolly begrudges him for that.

8 shots on goal for a Forward Pocket in Ahmat isn't a bad return either.

Something tells me Northern recruiting isn't off Newstead's radar also.

That's a bit rough on TK. He had a great season for Dunolly. He was great value for money, he lived in town, trained all the time, the guys thought the world of him, and both parties would go again if he hadn't retired from Southern Footy. He still says the GF was the worst game he has ever produced and nobody at Dunolly begrudges him for that.

8 shots on goal for a Forward Pocket in Ahmat isn't a bad return either.

Something tells me Northern recruiting isn't off Newstead's radar also.

Not so much a dig at Karpany's game (although as you said, he played an absolute shocker), more at the point that yes they had a massive impact in getting Dunolly into a Grand Final, but they have all gone now... So how do they young guys or locals at Brook feel knowing that they have these guys coming in on really good money that more than likely are only there for a season?? Would it be more of a shallow feeling if they had won the granny knowing that a day or two after the game those boys would be taking their medals on the plane with them and off to the next club?

Don't get me wrong, i think its a good thing for the league as a whole to have these guys come in and improve the standard and interest, but coming from a club view i don't think long term it is what i would be doing.

Incorrect Johnny. Karpany will play at Dunolly this year. Won't play every game but is keen to go down again. Seeing as though the Mac brothers are working with the AFL in the NT i'm sure dunolly will have some more players make the journey down with him.

Apparently Ahmat offered his services to Dunolly and they declined. Don't know details but they obviously didn't come to terms for one reason or another. IMO Ahmat is very close to the end. He only played one game in the whole NTFL season this year after signing a lucrative deal at Nightcliff which i'm sure they lost out on.

In regards to Keegan Dingo, he is a very good player. The only question mark over him as a player is the fact he is coming off knee surgery and does have some shoulder problems also. I'm sure he will fire though.

How has Baz Gorman settled into his new coaching gig?

Baz has been great. As most people would know, he is a very personable guy and the work he has been doing fitness-wise in the preseason is certainly paying off. Looks a million bucks on the training track and that is sure to be a good thing for the rest of the boys to have the leader showing the way. He has brought a much different approach to the club this year and i think it will pay dividends as we move into the season and beyond.

Regarding an earlier question about practice matches, i heard on Friday at training that we will be playing Romsey and Natte, depending on ground availability.

The Bond boys are leaving this year as far as I know. Burra and Lexton the likely destinations but I havent spoken to anyone from home for a while about footy.

I got a giggle when I read the Melton v Bushy practice match which was obviously incorrect. HOw do you reckon you would go against them Uncle J?

It was our original praccy match Rich but i think it got canned de to ground availability, not sure though. I can only imagine it would've been a tough game but probably the same strength as Romsey I reckon. In the same league I'm pretty sure. Was talkin to Luke Baker and he said they were lookin forward to givin Baz a bit of a workout! Numbers are getting better again, guess we haven't got long to go til start of the season. Can't wait really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baz has been great. As most people would know, he is a very personable guy and the work he has been doing fitness-wise in the preseason is certainly paying off. Looks a million bucks on the training track and that is sure to be a good thing for the rest of the boys to have the leader showing the way. He has brought a much different approach to the club this year and i think it will pay dividends as we move into the season and beyond.

Good to hear. I played with Baz in the ACT, a fantastic bloke and I think he'll be great for the club:thumbsu:

Any clubs going all out and changing their strips (ala Dunolly 2009) for the coming season??

Any more news on where Sanders will end up? Heard a little whisper that he may be headed out to Clunes this year?

Any clubs going all out and changing their strips (ala Dunolly 2009) for the coming season??

Any more news on where Sanders will end up? Heard a little whisper that he may be headed out to Clunes this year?

Think Clunes and Natte were on the scene but I believe that may have changed. Expect him to play in the district league, but as of yet, we dunno where

Whisper's are that Chipper Harris will be on board with Rovers this year when he returns from overseas, has anyone else heard this as well?

yeh heard that a while ago, and it has apparently put a few noses out of joint of the locals. but i guess that's what money does to clubs

I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
saints have struggled for quite a few years now and it would be great for the strength of the league if they can improve and become competitive again

Probably be a good idea to stay realistic though and not get too chirpy at this stage of the season. To be fair we have heard this all before from Trentham and they havent stacked up when the real stuff arrives.

Is it true Rovers have signed up Andrew Nelson and will he be a handy acquisition?

I have heard this as well, Nelson will be lacking a bit of match fitness but may prove to be a vital cog in the reserves forward line if he is able to team up with a fit T.K. Hubble. The Rover's faithful have been waiting too long for the return of the Hubcat as his presence alone is enough to lift the performance of the entire team. Expect to see a greater female presence at Rover's games now that the Beckham of the MCDFL is lacing up the grasscats for one more tilt at glory..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad