Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pilgs is doing great at Avoca, has fitted in very well.He is enjoying his assistant coaching position, as much as we enjoy having him here at our club.Has some very good ideas,and gets on well with our coach,he is enjoying earning the respect of his team mates.Fairly handy having a bloke 6ft 5" playing on a forward flank in any team.How would he fit into your side out there DA? or don't you think you could find a spot for him?

Any District level club could find a spot for the guy. His skills are VFL standard and so is his size. One day things will just click for Pilgrim and he will be a premier player in whatever league he will be playing in.

He lacks confidence and if Avoca can keep him positive about himself, expect big things.

A forward flank spot would suit him pretty well at Natte. They are not lacking talls for the first time in many years.

Probably close to ur most ******ed comment thus far Beast.

You dont seem to have any respect for the other good footballers in the comp, plenty of other & better talent running around. He is a good player but not what he has been made out to be on here. Wont win league or even club B&F but should be a handy pickup!
Agree entirely King, really good player but to win a league medal from here would be extremely tough and to say he will is almost an insult to the league. A massive amount of pressure has been put on the kid as from what i've been reading now that he's on board Brook are firming for flag, hell win the league & club b&f etc.

I heard a whisper yesterday there was a walkout at Harcourt during the week. Not sure if it's true or not, can anyone confirm/deny??

Nossi5 $300 on Brook @ $1.40
Old School Biff $2,260 on Brook @ $1.40
King Rich $500 on Talbot @ $2.80
$500 on Maldon @ $1.60
Dr. Phil $300 on Brook into bushy ($1.40x$2.80)=$3.92
Mighty Roar $982 on Brook @ $1.40
Rojer_Ramjet $600 on Brook @ $1.40
$90 on Bushy @ $2.30

Good Luck!

I was privileged to watch the Talbot v Carisbrook game from a high vantage point on Sat. Thoroughly enjoyed the game.

I did come away with the opinion that Talbot is definately the real deal. Something that I was a bit unsure of prior to the game.
Carisbrook still has a wealth of talent in its ranks and will no doubt improve during the second half of the season.
Yesterday's game belonged to Talbot as they outplayed Brook in almost every facet of the game. It was really only inaccurate kicking on Talbot's part that kept Brook in the game.

Talbot play Avoca at Talbot in a fortnight. Both Avoca and Talbot play very similar styles of games, so get your tickets early, as this game will be a blockbuster.

On a sad note the Avoca Football Club extend its heartfelt sympathy to all effected at Talbot by the tragic motor vehichle accident on Sat night. To lose a young club member that way is a club/community's worst nightmare. Everyone's thoughts are with you.

Nossi5 $300 on Brook @ $1.40
Old School Biff $2,260 on Brook @ $1.40
King Rich $500 on Talbot @ $2.80
$500 on Maldon @ $1.60
Dr. Phil $300 on Brook into bushy ($1.40x$2.80)=$3.92
Mighty Roar $982 on Brook @ $1.40
Rojer_Ramjet $600 on Brook @ $1.40
$90 on Bushy @ $2.30

Good Luck!

King Rich $2,385
Candy Man $1,725
Morrie Morals $1,200
Dr. Phil $1,056
Mobbenfuher $980
Nossi5 $500
Old School Biff $0
MightyRoar $0
Rojer Ramjet $0
Nonamehack $0
Iron Beast $0

It seems Carisbrook loss has brought an end to some people.
Any opinions on games played on the w/e?

I caught the end of the Bushy v Maldon game. The big fella Kris Lea for Maldon is fairly dangerous with 8 out of 11 goals was definetely the match winner.

Any opinions on games played on the w/e?

I caught the end of the Bushy v Maldon game. The big fella Kris Lea for Maldon is fairly dangerous with 8 out of 11 goals was definetely the match winner.

Geez the talbot boys would have to be pretty happy with there win on the weekend wouldnt they. There song would have been belted out in the rooms after the games!

was also pretty suprised to see the results of the rovers v dunolly game. did any one catch the game? i thought rovers were ment to be a finals chance...did they just have a bad day?

chipper harris kicked the 1 goal only, wonk and k. rich
i see a few pages back k. rich reckons he was getting too much air play on this thread
maybe he wasnt -- or isnt --- as good as made out on this mcdfl thread
but then again maybe he was mainly in the back half
can you guys give us all a few clues

chipper harris kicked the 1 goal only, wonk and k. rich
i see a few pages back k. rich reckons he was getting too much air play on this thread
maybe he wasnt -- or isnt --- as good as made out on this mcdfl thread
but then again maybe he was mainly in the back half
can you guys give us all a few clues

Here is the thing with chipper; he hadn't met half the guys before the game and he hadn't played for quiet sometime. He came from a league where he would have been a receiver and now he has to be a ball winner. IMO he will be the best player in the league just might take a few more weeks than first thought.

Here is the thing with chipper; he hadn't met half the guys before the game and he hadn't played for quiet sometime. He came from a league where he would have been a receiver and now he has to be a ball winner. IMO he will be the best player in the league just might take a few more weeks than first thought.

I agree with Iron Beast - the guy showed enough glimpses of form to show that he is a talented player. He was quoted as saying that it was a completely different style of football from what he has been used to. So it will take some time to adjust. Also it was a very pertinant point that Beast made when referring to him not knowing a lot of the other players at the moment. With the season less than half-way through he still has plenty of time to get acquainted with the other players and play a top brand of football.

Normally King and Sherman would have posted some info about Saturday's game by now but I know that both have been deeply effected by Sat night's tragic accident. I can say that both King and Sherman were both solid contributors in what was an impressive result for the Talbot club.

What about out your way Beast? How can you expect to win games at Natte when you've got two of the better performers in the McNamee boys languishing in the seconds. Surely they will be recalled for the game against Ararat Eagles. With results like Sunday's we don't want to see the Natte coach become another one of Natte's ex-favorite sons.

Not that sundays loss needs any explaining, especially on the MCDFL thread wonker. But anyway here goes;

Natte played like a pack of school girls, there are far too many in the team the don't like it when the going gets tough. Sure it was wet and overall $hit conditions but the performance by the team was nothing short of disgracful. I think you might see some heads on chopping block in the next few weeks at Natte. With the likes of Jardine, D. Larkin (ballarat recruit), M. Mortlock plus a few other (Guns) to come in, the weak will be weeded out in the not to distant future.

I don't think the coach would be too stressed about his position at Natte, with 13 players in the side getting less then 10 disposals, 7 players getting between 11-19 possessions and only 1 getting 40 plus touches i think it is fair to say he is leading the way!

Overall Natte is pretty well gaurenteed of finishing third, the loss to Illabrook assures them they will finish 4th only leaving Navarre and C/L to fight it out for 5th. If Navarre can hold onto their 1 game advantage on C/L and snag 5th spot that would be great. Natte would love nothing more then C/L to miss out as they are a far greater threat to any of the top sides.

On the Pilgrim thing, i think him playing on a flank is a joke. Avoca need to put a tea spoon of cement in his water bottle and tell him to harden up. A guy of his size and skill should be rucking and dominating.

I don't think the coach would be too stressed about his position at Natte, with 13 players in the side getting less then 10 disposals, 7 players getting between 11-19 possessions and only 1 getting 40 plus touches i think it is fair to say he is leading the way!

On the Pilgrim thing, i think him playing on a flank is a joke. Avoca need to put a tea spoon of cement in his water bottle and tell him to harden up. A guy of his size and skill should be rucking and dominating.[/quote]

DA, do you think playing on a Sunday may have been a contributing factor? I know those Natte boys love a beer!

I can't recall pilgs playing on a flank all year. He's either lined up at FF or CHF and done a bit of the ruck work in in the forward line. Pretty good effort on the weekend by the big fella kicking 7.2 and marking almost everything that came his way.

On the Pilgrim thing, i think him playing on a flank is a joke. Avoca need to put a tea spoon of cement in his water bottle and tell him to harden up. A guy of his size and skill should be rucking and dominating.

DA, do you think playing on a Sunday may have been a contributing factor? I know those Natte boys love a beer!

I can't recall pilgs playing on a flank all year. He's either lined up at FF or CHF and done a bit of the ruck work in in the forward line. Pretty good effort on the weekend by the big fella kicking 7.2 and marking almost everything that came his way.[/quote]
really young zipper for a bloke of his size and skill he really should be kicking anywhere between 10-15 goals a game against the weaker teams

I can't recall pilgs playing on a flank all year. He's either lined up at FF or CHF and done a bit of the ruck work in in the forward line. Pretty good effort on the weekend by the big fella kicking 7.2 and marking almost everything that came his way.[/quote]

Sunday games are not much fun at all. Working the next day being sore etc. I wouldn't be so sure that any of the fellas had a few to many satdy night but would be interesting to know if there was.

I think it was the Pyrenees Puma that said Pilgs played on the Flank but you would have to think he would be key position 95% of the time.

Shamui, why didn't you think earlier in the week that you wouldn't 20 goal Trentham. Top v Bottom. Crank had coghlan down for 10 and he topped that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the Pilgrim thing, i think him playing on a flank is a joke. Avoca need to put a tea spoon of cement in his water bottle and tell him to harden up. A guy of his size and skill should be rucking and dominating.[/quote]

They tell me that Pilgy is taking a sabbatical next year to work as a sleeper cutter. A year on the sleepers would turn him into a man mountain. On a serious note, if Pilgy could find the time to dedicate himself to a year in the gym he would be playing at a much higher level than the MCDFL. His attack on the ball has never been questioned since he joined the Avoca club and I have witnessed him playing with injuries that would stop a lesser person.

Pilgy has played in a key position in every game that has been played to date. Never on the flank as indicated in some posts. He has featured in the goal kicking on a consistent basis and with his little side-kick, are proving a formidable combination.

Carisbrook were lacking height and it really stood out badly on Saturday against Talbot, they were murdered in the ruck. Were they missing any talls, or they are just short running side?

Carisbrook were lacking height and it really stood out badly on Saturday against Talbot, they were murdered in the ruck. Were they missing any talls, or they are just short running side?

as far as i am aware i dont believe they were missing any talls, genuine height will def be an issue for them this season, but if they play quick open footy will be hard to beat as they are a quick running side.... can anyone tell me why kade rowe was playing 2's on the weekend??????

all in all there is not doubt chipper's debut was quite, what he did he did well but he just never got enough of the ball, as has been mentioned will only get better with time at the club and getting used to country footy.

thank u to wonker for your well wishes on the aftermath of this tragic event that has rocked the talbot football netball club

as far as i am aware i dont believe they were missing any talls, genuine height will def be an issue for them this season, but if they play quick open footy will be hard to beat as they are a quick running side.... can anyone tell me why kade rowe was playing 2's on the weekend??????

all in all there is not doubt chipper's debut was quite, what he did he did well but he just never got enough of the ball, as has been mentioned will only get better with time at the club and getting used to country footy.

thank u to wonker for your well wishes on the aftermath of this tragic event that has rocked the talbot football netball club

will trentham win a game? chipper harris can play i have seen him play at clunes a few times .the money he is rumoured to be on is huge

whats the status of the league at the moment half way thru?
dont get any info over here in WA except for when i pop in to this board.

My old mob rovers going ok?

Round 7 odds. Been away this week fellas so there a bit late.

Maldon ($5)v Talbot ($1.20)
Carisbrook ($1.10) v Dunolly ($10)
Avoca ($1.10) v Royal Park ($10)
Newstead ($1.15) v Trentham ($8)
Rovers ($3) v Harcourt ($1.40)

You can bet right up until 2 oclock tommorrow.

understand the botters might have snuck home by a cuppla points 2day but the club prolly still rocked by the deaths of their people last weekend
harcourt had a solid win

Yeah we scraped over the line today by 4 points in the end I think. We had a big day yesterday with the funeral etc and a probably a few too many frothies so we were understandably very flat today. Just to get away with the 4 points was all we wanted and we managed to eek that out.

Heard Bushy beat Avoca?? Big News...

Richy put in a clearance but it was rejected. He is living in the area but doesn't have an interest in footy at the moment.

yeah i used 2 play with him at brooklyn and then corio as well talk 2 him abit not regually but , is chris cobbledick playing at talbot as wel?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back