Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we scraped over the line today by 4 points in the end I think. We had a big day yesterday with the funeral etc and a probably a few too many frothies so we were understandably very flat today. Just to get away with the 4 points was all we wanted and we managed to eek that out.

Heard Bushy beat Avoca?? Big News...

It was just one of those days King - not a spark from anyone, not even the supporters. Obviously the boys have hit a mid season slump. It will be interesting to see how long it will take for the club to work its way out of it.
In saying that, all credit must go to Bushy who seem to have had Avoca measure since the Avoca club joined the MCDL.

It makes next week's game interesting against Talbot - both teams playing for top position.

It was just one of those days King - not a spark from anyone, not even the supporters. Obviously the boys have hit a mid season slump. It will be interesting to see how long it will take for the club to work its way out of it.
In saying that, all credit must go to Bushy who seem to have had Avoca measure since the Avoca club joined the MCDL.

It makes next week's game interesting against Talbot - both teams playing for top position.

perhaps avoca is going the wrong way about things wonker. i just hope they're not doing the same thing as a yr ago where they spent a heap of money on imports and left the locals to battle it out for a few yrs and keep the club going

Yeah we scraped over the line today by 4 points in the end I think. We had a big day yesterday with the funeral etc and a probably a few too many frothies so we were understandably very flat today. Just to get away with the 4 points was all we wanted and we managed to eek that out.

Heard Bushy beat Avoca?? Big News...

summed it up spot on rich as usual!!!!!

perhaps avoca is going the wrong way about things wonker. i just hope they're not doing the same thing as a yr ago where they spent a heap of money on imports and left the locals to battle it out for a few yrs and keep the club going

Open for suggestions Mothman - I'm not too sure where you are coming from - I can assure you that no bags of money are being given out this season. If you know more than me what is happening at the club please tell me next time we have a drink together.

Open for suggestions Mothman - I'm not too sure where you are coming from - I can assure you that no bags of money are being given out this season. If you know more than me what is happening at the club please tell me next time we have a drink together.

He didn't say that money was being given out this season. Read the post I think he is just expressing concern that they don't go down that path again.

He didn't say that money was being given out this season. Read the post I think he is just expressing concern that they don't go down that path again.

i think some ppl may be getting a little carried away over all this, i mean they have lost one game thats it, they have proven they are the team to beat this year and they clearly just had a bad game. i think they may have been a little over confident and focusing on the game against talbot rather than on the task at hand against bushy.

talbot V avoca should be a ring a ding ding game!!!!!!

Looking forward to Talbot V Avoca and i think both teams are evenly matched. My tip is Talbot in a nail biter but the way i have been going with tips anyone who is still in the betting game should load up on Avoca.

Also saw that chipper was best on in the brook game, i'd say he will continue to go from strength to strength. Quality player!

Round 8.

Dunolly ($7) v Maldon ($1.15)
Carisbrook ($1.20) v Rovers ($4)
Talbot ($2.25) v Avoca ($1.60)
Royal Park ($1.40) v Newstead ($2.80)
Trentham ($10) v Harcourt ($1.10)

Looking forward to Talbot V Avoca and i think both teams are evenly matched. My tip is Talbot in a nail biter but the way i have been going with tips anyone who is still in the betting game should load up on Avoca.

Also saw that chipper was best on in the brook game, i'd say he will continue to go from strength to strength. Quality player!

Heard reports that Harris was out of control out at Brook Saturday night too. A complete nutter on the piss.

yeah i used 2 play with him at brooklyn and then corio as well talk 2 him abit not regually but , is chris cobbledick playing at talbot as wel?:)

Yeah he has played a couple of games in the twos. Was starting to play some reasonable footy but then got injured. Is back into it now. Nice guy.

Yeah this one should be a cracker. Roger Davies breaks the senior games record held by Gary Barras on this day so hopefully the boys can be up and get a win for him! Hopefully we can put the events of the past 2 weeks behind us and get back to playing some good footy!

Odds are very interesting there Crank..... A good round that may break a few punters I think!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how many games is that then rich --- barass record tally to be broken by davies this week agst avoca
davies will be playing his ????th game

Most over rated and talked up player in the MCDFL i reckon, wasn't impressed when i saw him. Too heavy and would get exposed by a half decent ruckman.

Most over rated and talked up player in the MCDFL i reckon, wasn't impressed when i saw him. Too heavy and would get exposed by a half decent ruckman.

iron beast u have got to be kidding yourself!!!!! have to disagree with u there, big tommy has had a very solid year so far, and absolutely dominated in the ruck that day u were there watching against brook, hasnt been beated all season in whatever position he has played, cant ask for more than that.

pretty sure most clubs would rather have him than not at all

:confused:and on the social scene showusyathing how good is chipper on the sauce :confused:

heard chipper played a blinder on weekend, but still has to prove himself against quality teams, dont think dunolly would have anyone near good enough to run with him in all honesty...from all reports on weekend chipper was last seen attempting to ride a sheep in a jousting contest.......

heard chipper played a blinder on weekend, but still has to prove himself against quality teams, dont think dunolly would have anyone near good enough to run with him in all honesty...from all reports on weekend chipper was last seen attempting to ride a sheep in a jousting contest.......

Let's go over the facts about Chipper.

1. Has played TAC Cup
2. Has been on a SANFL list.
3. Has been a pivotal player for Clunes for a number of years.

The jury is not out on him. He is a top quality player.

Let's go over the facts about Chipper.

1. Has played TAC Cup
2. Has been on a SANFL list.
3. Has been a pivotal player for Clunes for a number of years.

The jury is not out on him. He is a top quality player.

You think Chipper is a big pick up, Natte has just snagged a gun from Port Melbourne.

This is a brief run down on his track record;
* played 2 years in the TAC Cup for Oakleigh Chargers
* got picked in the Vic Metro side as starting rover
* picked as starting rover for TAC Cup team of the year
* played 2 years at Port Melbourne
* NEXT STOP A FLAG AT NATTE :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back