Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
good on u rich serving it up to some mcdfl postrs evn got down to slagging some of the older guys it wood be tuff coaching dunoly no doubt but at least talbot got back to winning form

Yeah was nice to win and play good footy. The opposition wasn't much but u can only play what is put in front of u. Was a pretty good 4 quarter effort and has given us some confidence goin into the Brook game next week!

Few interesting results this wkend!

Dunolly were very poor and looked to be undermanned. Must be a tough job playing and coaching when players dont turn up on the day!! They have a talented group of kids coming through in Liddicoat, Hawkes, Lierach etc and these boys need some guidance or they will be lost to the club!

Dunolly are pretty confident about recruiting well over the summer and being a finals contender next season. A few new faces (or returning) and the current crop of juniors might make them a little bit more competitive.

Wouldn't a just reward for a great season be a premiership Puma? Or is the league medal more important?

Knowing tony fairly well ,i can tell you that a premiership would be much more important to him than a league medal (much more important!) he doesnt rate himself a chance ( i do ) But the comment was made in my opinion, i would still like to see him take out the medal, and have a premiership medallion to match, again imo.After saturday we realize our club will have to work a lot harder and smarter to overcome harcourt, who played great footy and deserve top spot.Of course a premiership is more impotant, but sometimes its good to see someone in your own club, be rewarded for all the hard work and sacrafices they make. IMO

Dunolly are pretty confident about recruiting well over the summer and being a finals contender next season. A few new faces (or returning) and the current crop of juniors might make them a little bit more competitive.

If they recruit the players that are in their crosshairs they will go top 5, im 100% certain.

Problem is i just cant see Dunolly getting them, unless massive coin is used and i dont know how much $$ they've got (Although they've saved a lot of $$ this year). Going after big names tho, will be big if just one of the players requested signs up.

Knowing tony fairly well ,i can tell you that a premiership would be much more important to him than a league medal (much more important!) he doesnt rate himself a chance ( i do ) But the comment was made in my opinion, i would still like to see him take out the medal, and have a premiership medallion to match, again imo.After saturday we realize our club will have to work a lot harder and smarter to overcome harcourt, who played great footy and deserve top spot.Of course a premiership is more impotant, but sometimes its good to see someone in your own club, be rewarded for all the hard work and sacrafices they make. IMO

Just stirring mate.:D

If they recruit the players that are in their crosshairs they will go top 5, im 100% certain.

Problem is i just cant see Dunolly getting them, unless massive coin is used and i dont know how much $$ they've got (Although they've saved a lot of $$ this year). Going after big names tho, will be big if just one of the players requested signs up.

We've seen the potential dangers of splashing out large amounts of money this year with the Trentham Football Club. Granted Dunolly have to do something but they need to be careful and certainly bring new players in, but they must ensure they keep all their good junior players in order to be a force in the future. Would be a big ask for them to get into top 5 next season I wouldt hink.

From what I hear BIG is an understatement. Doubt you will get him though.

Who's gunna finish 5th?

Maldon 28 103%
Rovers 28 96%
Bushy 24 94%

Run Home

Maldon> Bushy (h), Talbot (a)
Rovers> Dunolly (h), Harcourt (a)
Bushy> Maldon (a), Avoca (h)

Assume (My opinion only): Rovers beats Dunolly and loses to Harcourt.
Finishes on 32 pts and improves percentage 10-15% depending on how much Harcourt beat them by.

Bushy needs to win both games which it is capable of doing but needs to improve percentage significantly. Can't see Bushy boosting its percentage enough but mathematically possible.

Maldon have 2 hard but winnable games. This week is an elimination final for both Maldon and Bushy. Maldon wins both games it is in.

In my opinion Maldon will end Bushys chances this week leaving itself with another elimination final against Talbot. Talbot will be primed ready for finals and should be running into a bit of form. Therefore leaving Rovers in fifth. There is the possibility of Talbot playing Maldon 2 weeks in row however:eek:.

Any other thoughts on the final five?

I have a feeling it will be Maldon....

Simo

Rumour Mill - Has it that Rovers has lodged an appeal against Maldon in a game some 3 weeks ago. Pat Cummins played that Morning Lunchtime for the Bombers raced over to Jubilee and then lined up for Maldon. This is a No No. So Maldon potentially will lose there points for that game. This could then give Rovers the points and that will be the Final five for sure.

Rumour Mill - Has it that Rovers has lodged an appeal against Maldon in a game some 3 weeks ago. Pat Cummins played that Morning Lunchtime for the Bombers raced over to Jubilee and then lined up for Maldon. This is a No No. So Maldon potentially will lose there points for that game. This could then give Rovers the points and that will be the Final five for sure.

Gee that would be big but if true they need to be penalised!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

righto is it hird or sheedy??? which one:p

no but in all seriousness that could be huge for dunolly to get a big name on board early. give others confidence to go back there as well! good luck to them:thumbsu:

Both. Hird and Sheedy. Actually you are on the right track with the club anyway...

There is the usual talk of a guy who played in the league that 90% of your posts are from coming back with a younger sibling.

Know anything about that David?

A couple of big games in the MCDFL this wkend... The highlight being Talbot v Brook.

Tips

Maldon v Royal Park - On due to the fact it is being played at Maldon. Maldon must win to keep their finals hopes alive.

Carisbrook v Talbot - Talbot is getting back close to full strength and will account for Brook on their home turf.

Maryborough Rovers v Dunolly

Avoca v Trentham

Newstead v Harcourt - Newstead will serve it up to Harcourt but expect Harcourt to be too strong.

WELL done K. Rich and Talbot. Close to a 7-goal win.
Rich said Talbot would be much improved as formerly injured players made their way back into the side. And he was right --- they belted the Brookers.

The final round still has plenty of intrigue about it. The top 4 positions are pretty much set with 5th spot still to be decided between Rovers and Maldon. Rovers play Harcourt and Maldon play Talbot respectively and both are on equal points and very similar percentages. Both will start underdogs and every single point will count in a battle for percentage if both teams lose.

The reserves comp is equally intriguing with many teams still fighting for their place in the finals in a very even comp.

Interesting to note that the Qualifying Final will be played at Hedges Oval as Burra have a home game that day which is a little disappointing for those teams involved I would think.

Talbot won at Carisbrook yesterday for the 1st time since 2001 in a very satisfying win. Talbots height advantage all over the ground proved to be the difference.

With 1 round to go, barring a miracle, Chris Stone looks to have secured another league goal kicking title after a slow start to the year.

1.STONE, ChristopherHarcourt 87 2.BOND, MatthewTalbot 72 3.COGHLAN, NicholasAvoca 64 4.LEA, KrisMaldon 63 5.RAMSEY, MarkNewstead 55 6.ROBINS, MARCCarisbrook 49 7.SMITH, SeanHarcourt 45 8.PILGRIM, AdrianAvoca 38 9.WRIGHT, NathanCarisbrook 37 10.BENCH, GlennTalbot 32

r u back on the bandwagon now jock???? was only a few posts ago u thought we were gone!!!!!
can anyone tell me from maldon if former kyneton player Wes Bell is heading to maldon next year. would be a handy pick up. held the backline together at kyneton. shame he left us at the end of 2005. 2006/2007 gives a good reflection on how we need to strenghten our backline also former casltemaine player brendan shepperd. heard his name was linked to maldon. a player that would slot straight into a key pos at kyneton. runs hard fast and straight at the footy. we need guys like this back at our club. kyneton. would help maldon alot 2. anyone confirm this:confused::confused::confused:

can anyone tell me from maldon if former kyneton player Wes Bell is heading to maldon next year. would be a handy pick up. held the backline together at kyneton. shame he left us at the end of 2005. 2006/2007 gives a good reflection on how we need to strenghten our backline also former casltemaine player brendan shepperd. heard his name was linked to maldon. a player that would slot straight into a key pos at kyneton. runs hard fast and straight at the footy. we need guys like this back at our club. kyneton. would help maldon alot 2. anyone confirm this:confused::confused::confused:

I can tell you that shep is currently playing for hepburn this year and was linked to Maldon at the start of 07. Would straighten up any backline and yes I would have to agree a solid backline is a great start to having a sucessful side.

So who will fill the final top 5 spot?? Rovers or Maldon and does anyone think they can win the Elimination final??

Rovers have Harcourt @ Harcourt and Maldon have Talbot @ Talbot. Both sides sitting on almost identical points and percentage so every goal kicks will count!

Have spoken to a few Maldon boys in the last month and they are all saying that there will a number of very good recruits and ex players returning to Bomber land next year! Cant recall names and I guess we hear it every year but will be interesting to see if Maldon can become a force again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back