Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
An which one player might that be??? Unless you are ignorant of the facts at Rovers or just spinning a line for Big Footy I believe you need to get ur head out of the clouds. Hind is on $300 a game. Fact. Clark would be pushing up towards that figure as well..... according to what he claims to be offered from other clubs. Rovers side from last year would have minimum 6 players being paid. + I know of 2-3 of your other recruits that are definately on cash. I'm no maths scholar but I believe that will come in well and truly over Talbot's budget!

Speaking with the executive/committee members and coaching staff inside the club, they got Clark for a lot less than most clubs had apparently offered. This is due to the convenience of training in Maryborough, the exciting playing list and the family aspect of the club. The Club have said he is by no means a $ chaser and where very impressed in the way he addressed the issue. Clark is believed to be on no-where near what apparently Hind is on ($300). King Rich not sure where you get you info from? You seem to know a lot more of what is going on inside the club than the M.Rovers committee do by the sounds of your comments.
Seems you may have a grudge on losing Clark and Hind who you guys thought you had coming back???

Should be a ripper game next Friday night. A great way to start the season!

Rich/Sherm I trust both of you will be lining up in the main game? How are the Talbot 2's looking this year? They always seem to be around the mark come September.

Will Clark play against his former club??

Speaking with the executive/committee members and coaching staff inside the club, they got Clark for a lot less than most clubs had apparently offered. This is due to the convenience of training in Maryborough, the exciting playing list and the family aspect of the club. The Club have said he is by no means a $ chaser and where very impressed in the way he addressed the issue. Clark is believed to be on no-where near what apparently Hind is on ($300). King Rich not sure where you get you info from? You seem to know a lot more of what is going on inside the club than the M.Rovers committee do by the sounds of your comments.
Seems you may have a grudge on losing Clark and Hind who you guys thought you had coming back???

As for John Hind... certainly no grudge there. He has a young family to support and the financial offer from Rovers was too good to pass up. He is welcome back at our club whenever he wants and will be a great asset to the Rovers Football Club. As for Clark, has been a good servant to the Talbot FC over the years. No grudge from him leaving.. he can do as he pleases. I didn't lose much sleep over it. So lets assume Hind and Clark are taking up conservatively $450 a week..... Who do you think at Talbot would be earning more than that??? No single player is anywhere near that I would think! Our coach would be our highest paid player and he'd struggle to get near that.

So your original claim would appear to be incorrect and I have only picked out two players let alone the other 6-12 players who would be on coin. You seem to know a lot more about Talbot's workings than their committee as well apparently! :)

Should be a ripper game next Friday night. A great way to start the season!

Rich/Sherm I trust both of you will be lining up in the main game? How are the Talbot 2's looking this year? They always seem to be around the mark come September.

Will Clark play against his former club??

Talbot 2's are shaping up well. Might be a bit underdone first up though. They have recruited well and have a new coaching staff which should help them out! ;) I would think they will be thereabouts come September.

I think Clark will be keen to play against his former club. He tended to miss the big games when playing for us though.

This is what we like a bit of Big Footy banter.
Round 1 Friday Night blockbuster. Clark looking to fire up against his old club. Talbot wanting to show there still right in the hunt this year. Putting the MCDFL on the map...

That is ridiculous King Rich! I think you will find Rovers have been extremely fortunate with their recruitment this season and are definetly not spending $$$. All recruits have come for other reasons than the $$$. The club is going ahead strongly and these recruits can see this and are happy to jump aboard. Some quality players are on either $0 or taking big cuts to see success. More than I can say for some other clubs. I think King Rich you will find one player in your side will be taking home more than the Rovers side put together next Friday night!

If these new recruits are coming for other reasons than the $$$ ... why are your so called quality players now playing for $0 or taking big cuts.

If these new recruits are coming for other reasons than the $$$ ... why are your so called quality players now playing for $0 or taking big cuts.

Quality post Thirsty. It makes no sense and there is no point denying they have expanded the budget compared to last year.

The days of the so called bought flag are almost gone because everyone is paying players. Rovers don't need to be ashamed about the fact that they have gone out and recruited well with decent money. Hind is a good investment because he's coached more flags than the other 21 starting players have won collectively. If they want to win flags, they need guys who know how to do it and that means spending cash.

Royal Park did offer Clark good money and the convenience of training/playing in Maryborough applies there also.

Money is just the way footy is going. The risk is if you don't pay it, somebody else will.

Round 1 Friday Night blockbuster. Clark looking to fire up against his old club. Talbot wanting to show there still right in the hunt this year. Putting the MCDFL on the map...

Agreed should be ripper game really looking forward to it, as for being on the friday night that appears to still be up in the air, as rovers are unsure if they have enough staff to cover the booth and canteen etc etc apparently. The gate, canteen and booth sales would be massive!!!, i believe we find out tonight if its to go ahead as planned on the friday night or saturday.

Agreed should be ripper game really looking forward to it, as for being on the friday night that appears to still be up in the air, as rovers are unsure if they have enough staff to cover the booth and canteen etc etc apparently. The gate, canteen and booth sales would be massive!!!, i believe we find out tonight if its to go ahead as planned on the friday night or saturday.

If Rovers say no to the Friday night game they are definitely not paying players the said amounts. You would triple your normal takings. It would help ease whatever strains have been put on the season budget. :D

If Rovers say no to the Friday night game they are definitely not paying players the said amounts. You would triple your normal takings. It would help ease whatever strains have been put on the season budget. :D

Worst comes to worst pay a hobo off the street some cash to sell some piss. Talbot had it a few years ago and we made a killing. Be mad to turn it down. What is the difference running a normal home game than running this anyway?? A couple more gatekeepers?? Get it done Rovers.

Hind is a very shrewd investment in my book. His 2 sons are very handy footballers and were always going to go where he goes.

Worst comes to worst pay a hobo off the street some cash to sell some piss. Talbot had it a few years ago and we made a killing. Be mad to turn it down. What is the difference running a normal home game than running this anyway?? A couple more gatekeepers?? Get it done Rovers.

Hind is a very shrewd investment in my book. His 2 sons are very handy footballers and were always going to go where he goes.

According to Rovers President, it is definitely on Friday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always have been a bit of a marketing man! :)

I'd like to see a few people there to see all 3 Smith boy's new tans that they have worked on all summer. Should come up a treat under the lights!

I always have been a bit of a marketing man! :)

I'd like to see a few people there to see all 3 Smith boy's new tans that they have worked on all summer. Should come up a treat under the lights!

they will come in there droves now!!!!...or perhaps it will be cunninghams chicken legs and pulsating biceps...:)

do rovers have lights on their ground now days? or is friday night footy played on the other side of the lake at maryboroughs ground.

Must be a far cry from the old falling down tin shed we used back in 72 and 73.

do rovers have lights on their ground now days? or is friday night footy played on the other side of the lake at maryboroughs ground.

Must be a far cry from the old falling down tin shed we used back in 72 and 73.

Played at Prince's Park. They do have lights but not to the standard required for a night match.

Anyone heard the rumor that Campbells Creek are offering $100 a senior game? Is there much truth to it?

If that is the case I may come out of retirement and sign up!

Fixture Change!

Dear MCDFNL Clubs & Media
Due to the ongoing drought, the Maryborough Castlemaine DFNL has been forced to make a fixture changes for next weekends Round 1 matches.
As a result, the amended Round 1 of the MCDFNL fixture for Round 1 will be as follows:
Seniors
Friday 4th April 2008 ? Night game
Maryborough Rovers v Talbot ? Princes Park Maryborough (No Change)
Saturday 5th April 9th 2008
Campbells Creek V Carisbrook - @ Campbells Creek (No change)
Maldon V Dunolly @ Maldon (No change)
Avoca V Royal Park @ Avoca (No change)
Trenthan V Newstead (Match has been reversed with fixture later in season ? will now be a Trentham FC home game)
It is expected that all Clubs will be co-operative with each other during this difficult period, which see?s some clubs being forced from their home ground through no fault of their own.

Source = http://mcdfl.vcfl.com.au/default.asp

trentham have managed to keep star ex coach adam tweedy coles

Massive coup for the Trentham FC.

The league launch is happening tonight at Princes Park. All coaches and club admins will be there to get pictures taken etc. I believe Rovers are in the night series Grand Final also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back