Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see young Trav Stringer making the move back to his junior club in Talbot. Hopefully clearance gets through and he can take the field on Friday night. Club is pleased to see him back.

Rovers v Talbot
Campbells Creek v Carisbrook
Maldon v Dunolly
Avoca v Royal Park
Newstead v Trentham

Think you were pretty spot on there rich. Honestly i hope you boys give rovers a touch up just to shut them up! i even heard that from their tresurer! but most tips pretty self explainitory i guess. newstead should get up you'd think. bushy will get done by avoca, but dont expect it to be a push over, avoca have only beaten them once since they came into the league. maldon and brook should win by fair margins one would expect.

Bring It On Boys!!

Rovers v Talbot
Maldon v Dunolly
Avoca v Royal Park
Newstead v Trentham

Think you were pretty spot on there rich. Honestly i hope you boys give rovers a touch up just to shut them up! i even heard that from their tresurer! but most tips pretty self explainitory i guess. newstead should get up you'd think. bushy will get done by avoca, but dont expect it to be a push over, avoca have only beaten them once since they came into the league. maldon and brook should win by fair margins one would expect.

Bring It On Boys!!

Rovers v Talbot
Maldon v Dunolly
Avoca v Royal Park
Newstead v Trentham

Rovers are moving the ball too well at the moment and have enjoyed a great pre season campaign compared to Talbot. Brook will give Creek a rude welcome to the league. Maldon's new players have the town talking and should make light work of Dunolly. Avoca have recruited well where Bushy mostly have exits. Don't expect a repeat of Bushy's surprise win like last year. Trentham will show that they could be a dark horse this year by beating Newstead.

Rovers v Talbot
Maldon v Dunolly
Avoca v Royal Park
Newstead v Trentham

Rovers are moving the ball too well at the moment and have enjoyed a great pre season campaign compared to Talbot. Brook will give Creek a rude welcome to the league. Maldon's new players have the town talking and should make light work of Dunolly. Avoca have recruited well where Bushy mostly have exits. Don't expect a repeat of Bushy's surprise win like last year. Trentham will show that they could be a dark horse this year by beating Newstead.

Rovers v Talbot
Maldon v Dunolly
Avoca v Royal Park
Newstead v Trentham

I think you are very close here EarToTheGround. Rovers have been extremely impressive and will be too quick and silky for the Hawks. Carisbrook will record an easy victory to start the season. A new look Maldon will easily account for Dunnolly. Avoca may record a league record winning margin against Bushy and I'm tipping a draw between the stedder's and the saints.

Good to see young Trav Stringer making the move back to his junior club in Talbot. Hopefully clearance gets through and he can take the field on Friday night. Club is pleased to see him back.
Great to see Trav back in action for the Hawks! Quality kid! Any chance of getting the old man back involved in the club KingRich???

Great to see Trav back in action for the Hawks! Quality kid! Any chance of getting the old man back involved in the club KingRich???

No idea. We keep in constant contact with Trav and he only gave us the word this week that he wanted to leave his Melbourne club.

Talbot rounded out preparations with a solid hitout last night with great numbers. Will have a few missing in both grades for tomorrow night but should field two competitive units. Cant wait!

Rovers v Talbot
Maldon v Dunolly
Avoca v Royal Park
Newstead v Trentham

Bring It On Boys!!

I saw Rovers last Friday and they did look quite impressive, moved the ball well and had pace. Serpentine were not able to apply much physical pressure and hopefully Talbot can in this area. Should be a good game.

I saw Rovers last Friday and they did look quite impressive, moved the ball well and had pace. Serpentine were not able to apply much physical pressure and hopefully Talbot can in this area. Should be a good game.

very hard game to pick, rovers seem to be very confident but they have some work to do from last season, talbot much better line-up..
rich, do you think that rovers have a slight advantage having played under lights for the past month?? this seems as tho the only way i can split the two sides??

very hard game to pick, rovers seem to be very confident but they have some work to do from last season, talbot much better line-up..
rich, do you think that rovers have a slight advantage having played under lights for the past month?? this seems as tho the only way i can split the two sides??

Rovers have had what 3 games under lights at the venue?? Massive + for them I believe. In comparison we've had the one praccy match. We are prob a little underdone but certainly wont be looking for excuses. A couple of our recruits will be unavailable this week but we are still fielding a strong side and we feel we will be stonger than last season. Who really knows how it will all gel when the real stuff starts.

I believe Rovers have a massive amount of pressure on them which has mainly been created by themselves. They have been very vocal in their confidence for this season and are widely known to be spending the money hunting for that ever elusive flag. A few of their recruits would need to lift from what I saw last Friday night.

I noticed Lachie Liddicoat was named on an extended bench last week for the Rebels. Did he get a game?? Is he likely to get a game does anyone know?? Good kid, would love to see him go well.

Rovers have had what 3 games under lights at the venue?? Massive + for them I believe. In comparison we've had the one praccy match. We are prob a little underdone but certainly wont be looking for excuses. A couple of our recruits will be unavailable this week but we are still fielding a strong side and we feel we will be stonger than last season. Who really knows how it will all gel when the real stuff starts.

I believe Rovers have a massive amount of pressure on them which has mainly been created by themselves. They have been very vocal in their confidence for this season and are widely known to be spending the money hunting for that ever elusive flag. A few of their recruits would need to lift from what I saw last Friday night.

couldnt agree more, well covered!

i like the idea of friday night games as it enables supporters to travel and see two games of football for the w/e! i wonder whether the new administration may follow the lead of other leagues now scheduling a few friday and sunday games across the season..this coupled with anzac day and easter (O&M) "blockbusters" has potential to lift crowd numbers and also the leagues appeal to players considering moving in future years!!

was there any final decision on what ball the league will use or is it still club preference?

couldnt agree more, well covered!

i like the idea of friday night games as it enables supporters to travel and see two games of football for the w/e! i wonder whether the new administration may follow the lead of other leagues now scheduling a few friday and sunday games across the season..this coupled with anzac day and easter (O&M) "blockbusters" has potential to lift crowd numbers and also the leagues appeal to players considering moving in future years!!

was there any final decision on what ball the league will use or is it still club preference?

All clubs must use League supplied Burleys. These balls have sponsorship on them etc. Friday night is a terrific idea. Helps with recruiting I believe and gets everyone excited and gives other clubs a rare chance early in the season to have a look at the opposition. There is another Friday night game scheduled for Anzac day between Dunolly and Rovers. At this stage they are the only two fixture changes but I think there is the potential to make some more.

Personally I hate Sunday footy. Not sure if that is really necessary in our comp.

All clubs must use League supplied Burleys. These balls have sponsorship on them etc. Friday night is a terrific idea. Helps with recruiting I believe and gets everyone excited and gives other clubs a rare chance early in the season to have a look at the opposition. There is another Friday night game scheduled for Anzac day between Dunolly and Rovers. At this stage they are the only two fixture changes but I think there is the potential to make some more.

Personally I hate Sunday footy. Not sure if that is really necessary in our comp.

okay burleys and bruised feet sundays it is lol..no the sponsorship is definitely a positive!

sunday matches as a supporter is always enjoyable for a few stubbies, but not so much for players backing up with shorter breaks and fronting for work monday!
the sunday suggestion was more floated in relation to the worsening drought and therefore ground conditions with the possibility of grounds becoming unplayable and having to use set grounds for all matches meaning scheduling across the w/e to allow these!
it is also in relation to umpire shorteges, with less and less becoming available, matches across the w/e are being played in some leagues so that the same umpires can be used..just thinking ahead rich

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed Lachie Liddicoat was named on an extended bench last week for the Rebels. Did he get a game?? Is he likely to get a game does anyone know?? Good kid, would love to see him go well.

Yeah he was named as emergency. Will get a couple of games through out the year no doubt. Still eligible next year

I see Beau Traill is heading back to Trentham. Was sure the Trentham head honchos were happy to see him leave last year. Can play a bit of footy but is a loose head. One would think Trentham are better off without him.

I see Beau Traill is heading back to Trentham. Was sure the Trentham head honchos were happy to see him leave last year. Can play a bit of footy but is a loose head. One would think Trentham are better off without him.

agreed good player, but too undisciplined...Pack your rugs and jackets for tomorrow night fellas as she is gonna be a chilly one, however the action promises to be hot...see you there!!!!

:thumbsdown:Yes young Lach Liddicoat still eligable to play this year of 17's.. :)

Good nickname 'The Horse' ..

League Best and Fairest last year.. With the likes of Mottram, Stiles, Turner, Lierich all in form at the moment the Dunolly Juniors are devolping well :D

Young tough nut Collins to back the side up alot with younger guys around field.

Rovers to have a great side this year but will anyone be able to stop the big horse.. I know they are all hoping he plays Rebals :p

Cunningham better watch out in the 1's, he might cop a large clean bump for the Horse during the season and find himself in hospital. We all know he's a true soft sheep dog

Result from last night's game anybody?

Went to the MCDFL website but I guess the league is not yet using online results as they are not accessible. Was keen to see who was amongst the goals and best players. I'm sure I got online results for the MCDFL last year so hopefully it's all available soon.

Bit of a story in the "statewide sport" section in the Hun today about the Creek and it's revival.

Apparently the new prez said two weeks ago - "let's make it happen" and it has and that is that.

Makes all you other adminstrators of clubs look pretty ordinary I reckon. Perhaps he has been reading that book "The Secret?"

What a w***er.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Trentham seniors had a 25 point win over Newstead, Kallen Young was outstanding as was there new recruit Mark Darby who was very strong up forward. The reserves defeated Newstead by about 100 points and will again be very strong for the year. The under 17s went down by 5 goals and showed big improvements from last year with Healy being there best player for the day.

Result from last night's game anybody?

Went to the MCDFL website but I guess the league is not yet using online results as they are not accessible. Was keen to see who was amongst the goals and best players. I'm sure I got online results for the MCDFL last year so hopefully it's all available soon.

Rovers ran away comfortable 6 goal victors.

Rovers best - Fraser, Clark & Hedger's

Talbots best - M.Smith

Very disapointing to see the way Talbot treated this game. They didn't look concerned about winning the ball at any stage and where more interested in head hunting the opposition.

Great win to Rovers.

Rovers ran away comfortable 6 goal victors.

Rovers best - Fraser, Clark & Hedger's

Talbots best - M.Smith

Very disapointing to see the way Talbot treated this game. They didn't look concerned about winning the ball at any stage and where more interested in head hunting the opposition.

Great win to Rovers.

9.8.62 to 3.13.31. Rovers skills were the difference with Talbot very wasteful particularly in front of goal. I thought Talbot were running the game out the better but couldn't convert. A few undisciplined plays hurt Talbot also. They will be better for the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back