Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please tell me how all the ex-Clunes blokes fared for Rovers last night? Quite a big contingent I believe...

Featherston went quite well, kicked 2 goals I think and had a hand in a couple of others. Mark 'Freak' Allen was a little quiet but looked class in the praccy matches and will get better each week.

Featherston went quite well, kicked 2 goals I think and had a hand in a couple of others. Mark 'Freak' Allen was a little quiet but looked class in the praccy matches and will get better each week.

Fev went well. Allen was very poor I thought. Looks past it. The Hind boys were in and out of the game most of the night.

Word is that Gibson never got near it on the weekend KingRich! And when he did he was useless, Talbot would have to be disappointed in his first up game for the club....

Fev went well. Allen was very poor I thought. Looks past it. The Hind boys were in and out of the game most of the night.

What position are they playing Fev?

Is Freak playing 1s or 2s? I would have thought his 1s days would be over unless he has put in one hell of a pre-season.

Is Jayden Hind playing 1s or juniors?

I'm of the opinion that Johnny Hind is not worth the money being quoted in previous posts. Not saying he hasn't been a good player, but he's past it and should be enjoying a beer on the sideline rather than chasing cheap kicks

Trentham seniors had a 25 point win over Newstead, Kallen Young was outstanding as was there new recruit Mark Darby who was very strong up forward. The reserves defeated Newstead by about 100 points and will again be very strong for the year. The under 17s went down by 5 goals and showed big improvements from last year with Healy being there best player for the day.

By all reports Young has had his biggest pre-season since playing Rebels, so expect him to have a better season than last year, when he won the B&F by about 100 votes.

If he can continue to build depth over the next year or two, then Trentham could be back playing finals in 2009 and 2010.

How did the other recruits go? Jake Young and Paul Raworth were handy players at the Rebels a few years ago I believe.

Word is that Gibson never got near it on the weekend KingRich! And when he did he was useless, Talbot would have to be disappointed in his first up game for the club....

Gibbo was quiet but he wasn't on his own there. He would be the first to admit he had a poor game but it's only round 1. He is coming off a reco so will improve with every hitout.

What position are they playing Fev?

Is Freak playing 1s or 2s? I would have thought his 1s days would be over unless he has put in one hell of a pre-season.

Is Jayden Hind playing 1s or juniors?

I'm of the opinion that Johnny Hind is not worth the money being quoted in previous posts. Not saying he hasn't been a good player, but he's past it and should be enjoying a beer on the sideline rather than chasing cheap kicks

Fev played half forward and on the ball and played not too bad.

Allen played 1s. Didn't get a heap of gametime.

Jayden played both 1s and 17s and acquitted himself well in both.

Johnny Hind has got himself fit and was always dangerous on Friday without being dominant. To get his two boys along with him is a great bonus for Rovers.

Fev played half forward and on the ball and played not too bad.

Allen played 1s. Did get a heap of gametime.

Jayden played both 1s and 2s and acquitted himself well in both.

Johnny Hind has got himself fit and was always dangerous on Friday without being dominant. To get his two boys along with him is a great bonus for Rovers.

I'll be interested to hear how they progress throughout the season

:thumbsdown:Yes young Lach Liddicoat still eligable to play this year of 17's.. :)

Good nickname 'The Horse' ..

League Best and Fairest last year.. With the likes of Mottram, Stiles, Turner, Lierich all in form at the moment the Dunolly Juniors are devolping well :D

Young tough nut Collins to back the side up alot with younger guys around field.

Rovers to have a great side this year but will anyone be able to stop the big horse.. I know they are all hoping he plays Rebals :p

Cunningham better watch out in the 1's, he might cop a large clean bump for the Horse during the season and find himself in hospital. We all know he's a true soft sheep dog

I guess we will see who the bigger sheep dog is in about Round 9????? :)

Young Liddicoat has actually broken his wrist in the Under 17's match against Maldon on the weekend. Still managed to play a half of seniors and boot a goal :thumbsu: Nice footballer to watch..

I went and watched Talbot get done by the new and improved Rovers side. Good running by the Sherman of course.. Cunningham a few miss kicks possibly due to shitting himself. Rovers looking good for the season and Talbot maybe lacking a little. Ian Martin a classy footballer though.

Back to Lach - out for 6 weeks. Bit of a loss but he actually thinks he'll be right for next week. If only the plaster wasn't there.

Prediction - Cunningham wont know what hit him come Round 9 :)

By all reports Young has had his biggest pre-season since playing Rebels, so expect him to have a better season than last year, when he won the B&F by about 100 votes.

If he can continue to build depth over the next year or two, then Trentham could be back playing finals in 2009 and 2010.

How did the other recruits go? Jake Young and Paul Raworth were handy players at the Rebels a few years ago I believe.

Jake young played a CHF all game and really dominated. He is very strong over head and is a very nice kick of the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

are u and lachy liddicoat an item or was it just a one night stand

I think ag_hero likes to pick up the fatties in general. Am i correct wheels?

On another note Dunollys home game this week against creek may be played at the creek, due to delidio park being compared to a slab of concrete. Will be a difficult game to tip.

Young Liddicoat has actually broken his wrist in the Under 17's match against Maldon on the weekend. Still managed to play a half of seniors and boot a goal :thumbsu: Nice footballer to watch..

I went and watched Talbot get done by the new and improved Rovers side. Good running by the Sherman of course.. Cunningham a few miss kicks possibly due to shitting himself. Rovers looking good for the season and Talbot maybe lacking a little. Ian Martin a classy footballer though.

Back to Lach - out for 6 weeks. Bit of a loss but he actually thinks he'll be right for next week. If only the plaster wasn't there.

Prediction - Cunningham wont know what hit him come Round 9 :)

Start an U/17s thread mate. You're ____ing the thread up.

I think ag_hero likes to pick up the fatties in general. Am i correct wheels?

On another note Dunollys home game this week against creek may be played at the creek, due to delidio park being compared to a slab of concrete. Will be a difficult game to tip.

It should be a pretty even year at the top and the bottom half of the league in 2008.

Id just like to say that talbots performance on friday night was terrible. I havent played much footy but talbots performance was the most undicsiplaned act i have ever seen. I grew up at that club and now i really couldnt give a shit about them. Talbot should be ashamed of themselves and what an embarrasment it would be for them. GO ROVERS 08

Id just like to say that talbots performance on friday night was terrible. I havent played much footy but talbots performance was the most undicsiplaned act i have ever seen. I grew up at that club and now i really couldnt give a shit about them. Talbot should be ashamed of themselves and what an embarrasment it would be for them. GO ROVERS 08

Aren't we being a bit dramatic?? A few undisciplined incidents but come on. No one got king hit or anything like that. Another stab from a bloke who wont name himself. Yes it wasn't the prettiest display but I can tell you now none of the players involved were "embarrassed".

But good luck with your Dad and brother at your new club young fella! :)

We shall see if you're still singing their praises at the end of the year!

I might be being a bit dramatic but to me it was the worst thing i have ever seen! And alot of older boys from our club agreed to that.

HaHaHa.... Yeah it was a real blood bath your right!

Turn it up.... Clark copped a couple... as expected..... There were a couple of other head high shots and that was about it. You would see worse in a netball game.

If Rovers want to whinge about that treatment then I wonder how they will go against Harcourt in a final when it will be twice as bad???

Did it worry you when your Dad's team was playing at Talbot??? They were a lot harder at the man back then than we are now. But I guess the shoe is on the other foot now. I think you will change ur tune after you play a few more senior games this year.

True mate but im more disappointed in there efforts on playing the game. The pill obviously wasnt important to them. That showed on the scoreboard:D

True mate but im more disappointed in there efforts on playing the game. The pill obviously wasnt important to them. That showed on the scoreboard:D

Just wanted to confirm that you didn't have a short memory.

Dont back away from your original comments though.

"Id just like to say that talbots performance on friday night was terrible. I havent played much footy but talbots performance was the most undicsiplaned act i have ever seen. I grew up at that club and now i really couldnt give a shit about them. Talbot should be ashamed of themselves and what an embarrasment it would be for them. GO ROVERS 08"

There will be a chance for redemption.

Enough of that. Lets get onto this weeks matches. There will be a couple of interest I believe.Closest games will be Dunolly v Creek and Talbot v Maldon. The Talbot/Maldon game has been switched to Maldon to give Talbot's oval a little more time to get up to speed. It's not too far off though.

Tips:

Dunolly v Campbells Creek
Talbot v Maldon
Royal Park v Rovers
Trentham v Avoca
Harcourt
v Newstead
Bye - Carisbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad