Mason Cox...showing some promise

Remove this Banner Ad

He averaged 1.1 rebounds for his career, 1.4 rebounds in his final season.

Based on that I'm not sure what he meant in that interview.

But looking at the numbers, it was from an average of just 3.4 mpg in his last season.

I'm not trying to paint him up as some star because he most definitely isn't, but I'm impressed by a soccer player who can end up as a college level centre when he only takes the game up when he's at college.

I was half hoping we wouldn't win him over, to avoid the endless posts about reproductive body parts.
I'm just getting that out of my system in this thread. Can't speak for everyone else though. :p

International experimentation is not unlike the NSW Scholarship program. We threw more speculative darts at that board than anyone else and it looks like we've scored well with Witts (shame we didn't land Tex Walker as well). We are no chance of getting the next Stynes, Wight, Pike, Kennelly etc. if we don't at least speculate.

I'm totally against this. Wonder what Witts and Grundy think of this pickup?
Waste of time if you ask me. If we had picked up a college quarterback built like a brick shit house with an athletics background and a feel for working with a football I'd be more excited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm totally against this. Wonder what Witts and Grundy think of this pickup?
Waste of time if you ask me. If we had picked up a college quarterback built like a brick shit house with an athletics background and a feel for working with a football I'd be more excited.
Once again, I'm speechless.

Well if you've got nothing to say maybe you shouldn't say anything
Sometimes a :eek: speaks 1000 words.

Why would Grundy and/or Witts care? In a negative way, I mean.

Sometimes a :eek: speaks 1000 words.

Why would Grundy and/or Witts care? In a negative way, I mean.
Oh so you did have something to say? Not speechless after all? Why not say it the first time?
Maybe they might be pissed the club bring in someone who's never played the game to play their role.
Like any old unko can play ruck? Pretty insulting if you ask me

so when can he play, does he play vfl straight away this week?
Next year..
I think he's already back in the states.
They said he'll move here in august. Hopefully he spends more time on learning how to kick and handball than his athleticism cos unko is what makes a team shit

Oh so you did have something to say? Not speechless after all? Why not say it the first time?
Maybe they might be pissed the club bring in someone who's never played the game to play their role.
Like any old unko can play ruck? Pretty insulting if you ask me
Well, after the effects of your silliness washed over, I regained focus, collected my thoughts, I was then able to analyse which parts made it so silly, and inquire further, in the hopes of changing, understanding.

I did not.

Mike Pyke btw.

this is a real coup. shifter rates this kid thru the roof, brad scott basically said his recruiters where desperate to sign him. he is 211cm, runs a 20m in 3sec, has an outstanding vert and from what I saw of his work on the video can take a mark and also get it at ground level.

we have an elite development environment that has already taken one 200cm bloke who had never played the game and converted him into an AFL quality CHB, and another who was a union player into an AFL quality ruck. If we can make this kid an AFL quality ruck or KPP then we have gotten a valuable commodity outside the normal mechanisms of the draft, essentially for free. In 3 years this kid could be worth a first round pick, or an established mid, or he may just be a great AFL level player and we want to keep him.

I thought after we stripped our list of talls last year that we would need to find more, this is a great signing, especially since we have 2 good first rucks already, and especially since we will get Moore next year too.

Cloke
Reid
Brown
Frost
Keeffe
White
Grundy
Witts
Moore
Cox

just looks like a mouth-watering collection of young tall talent, and Reid, Brown and Grundy are basically the only ones that cost us early draft picks.

Cox might not make it, but the cries of "this never works!" are just patently false, Pyke, Witts, Keeffe, Kennedly, Stynes, the list goes on, there are PLENTY of players who have made an impact at AFL level after coming from other sports and other countries, and the wraps on this kid from recruiters and shifter and others in the know are as good as on any of them.

Well done Pies, this is what will keep us contending thru the era of the Suns and the Giants while the others have to go back to the well.

GO PIES!

this is a real coup. shifter rates this kid thru the roof, brad scott basically said his recruiters where desperate to sign him. he is 211cm, runs a 20m in 3sec, has an outstanding vert and from what I saw of his work on the video can take a mark and also get it at ground level.

we have an elite development environment that has already taken one 200cm bloke who had never played the game and converted him into an AFL quality CHB, and another who was a union player into an AFL quality ruck. If we can make this kid an AFL quality ruck or KPP then we have gotten a valuable commodity outside the normal mechanisms of the draft, essentially for free. In 3 years this kid could be worth a first round pick, or an established mid, or he may just be a great AFL level player and we want to keep him.

I thought after we stripped our list of talls last year that we would need to find more, this is a great signing, especially since we have 2 good first rucks already, and especially since we will get Moore next year too.

Cloke
Reid
Brown
Frost
Keeffe
White
Grundy
Witts
Moore
Cox

just looks like a mouth-watering collection of young tall talent, and Reid, Brown and Grundy are basically the only ones that cost us early draft picks.

Cox might not make it, but the cries of "this never works!" are just patently false, Pyke, Witts, Keeffe, Kennedly, Stynes, the list goes on, there are PLENTY of players who have made an impact at AFL level after coming from other sports and other countries, and the wraps on this kid from recruiters and shifter and others in the know are as good as on any of them.

Well done Pies, this is what will keep us contending thru the era of the Suns and the Giants while the others have to go back to the well.

GO PIES!
Moore Cox is exactly what we need.

Dont care if he never plays a game. Just looking forward to all the surname humor. We just have to make him visible when we play westcoast

erase some of that .... envy

Remove this Banner Ad

Mason Cox...showing some promise

Remove this Banner Ad

Back