Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

I said this last week..........

I would love to see the big fella come of age against the Tiges, because they have the type of backline which could be seriously undermined by his presence. At the moment there still is an element of hit or miss about him, but gee, how many times do we hear about rucks that they dont really hit their straps until the late twenties. He has come to the game from another dimension and I reckon he will still have further upside from here. But even if he is only ever to produce what he has this season I still reckon he is worth playing and its a feat in itself. Put him up against some of the second stringer talls we have had over the years and I reckon we are miles ahead.

.....as I said, I would love to see him play a game to open the eyes of disbelievers in the coming week or two. He could genuinely write himself a little piece of American-Australian legend if he does, and an American coming good in a Pies jumper may radically change the club in a good way.

He kicks another goal or two in the second half and we enter a new dimension (and my neighbours may get sick of me yelling his name loudly)

I like him. Does anyone think he isnt worth persevering with at the moment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope you’ve joined the fan boy club xxoxo

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was BRILLIANT tonight after two terrible weeks. Props to the coaching panel for sticking with him and for him for bouncing back. Showed a ton of character.

What's the difference though? Was it the little taps and bringing the ball to ground? Was it the free kicks he didn't get? Nope, bloke clunker marks in dangerous areas and actually directly affected the game. I wasn't convinced he could do that when it mattered, proved me wrong tonight though!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back