Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not certain, I think it might depend who will play in the finals, eg) if we play Brisbane i'd rather Frampton take Daniher, murphy or howe take Hipwood which allows Moore to play free.
The beauty of it is we have a game to go v Brisbane so we’ll find out pre finals, but I personally don’t see us tinkering with our defensive group from here. I think our mid and defensive groups are locked in and the only decisions to be made are on the forward group and whether we carry an extra mid or forward.

Think in 2 years we will be saying that cox is still going on pretty well, much to the surprise of many

I think that he'll be going about as good as he's been since he started. Still doing surprising things like handballing from his knees to players at full pace, and still being pushed off the ball in marking and ruck contests. I hope he's getting paid at base rates. If cameron goes down in the next two year, he's a good alternative, even if he gets pushed out in the next few weeks.

Bigfooty: he had 2 bad games in a row! Send him to the VFL so he can fight to not be delisted; what's this bloke ever done for the club anyway?

The actual club: Yeah he's actually kinda important for us, let's sign him for 2 more years.

Congrats Mason!
I think he should be omitted for Johnson this week. Doesn’t mean he is done for the year.

GW is smart. Cox is a solid citizen and is cheap as chips.

Cox, Cameron, Steene and Frampton is a super cheap but decent ruck stock. Very good use of the salary cap.

Let's not forget how clubs over paid for Preuss lol

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Mason invited David King to be on his podcast to discuss Kingy's delusions.
I’ve never got the hate for Kingy that a lot have. He just gives his opinion whether right or wrong like all media types. I actually think he backs a lot of his analysis up with good pieces of footage compared to some of the waffling the likes of Robbo or Dermott go on with.

I’ve never got the hate for Kingy that a lot have. He just gives his opinion whether right or wrong like all media types. I actually think he backs a lot of his analysis up with good pieces of footage compared to some of the waffling the likes of Robbo or Dermott go on with.
He's the only one who actually knows what he's talking about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. His opinions about us this year have been bang on the mark generally, he’s clearly been watching us pretty closely.

There are far worse getting a gig in AFL media than him.

I could be wrong but I feel like he talks the pies up a lot but whenever he makes the odd criticism bigfooty complains.

I think he's the one the most worth listening to of all the pundits in the media. You don't have to agree with his opinions.

At least he gives you an insight into most teams game plans and is able to point out the strengths and weaknesses
When Kings talks, I actually listen.
I don’t agree with everyone says, but I appreciate that he has actually had a deep dive into the topic before he states his opinion.
Backed by vision and the odd fact, it’s hard to disagree when he does make a statement.
Unlike others, like the former Port flog on 9 who only talks/writes to invite a reaction, Kingy is open to rebuttal if it is genuine and considered.
His comments on Cox have been pretty much spot on. Cox has something that could be exceptional if he could bring it consistently. But right now it’s about a Premiership and everyone is open to criticism if there is a better option.

There's no doubt that King is smitten over Collingwood and has been since the pre-season. I'm thinking he rightly went after Cox because he's turned up short lately but also to fire up the big guy to get him playing the way he's been performing when he's on. When Coxilla is revving up, the Magpies go into another dimension and the fun level goes through the roof. Methinks King likes that element of our game when it's on.

Peace!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back