Analysis Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

The game he played against the Hawks was the worst game of AFL I've ever seen anyone play. (one day when Oxley completely lost confidence, I think it was against the dogs, comes close) but Jeez you went hard. Rereading the opening to this thread, after this initial swipe, you followed up with 3 more. Good commitment.

The Improvement since that Game is Amazing. I never thought he be this good and important

The game he played against the Hawks was the worst game of AFL I've ever seen anyone play. (one day when Oxley completely lost confidence, I think it was against the dogs, comes close) but Jeez you went hard. Rereading the opening to this thread, after this initial swipe, you followed up with 3 more. Good commitment.
Yep. Well it takes a big man to admit when he was wrong, and compared to Mase I’m not big at all... so I’ll have to shoot for “big-hearted”?! Oops.

Hey guys- Hawthorn fan here, I can’t believe the criticism Mason Cox gets from the media. Most players that height, that have grown up with the game take years to find their feet, I think it’s amazing that he has learnt, in such a short time to play forward and ruck at the highest level. I know he was average round one against the Hawks in the wet but the way he adjusted his game so quickly against the crows in similar conditions is very impressive. He is already a better kick for goal than the majority of the league and think one day soon he is going to tear a game apart- hopefully Anzac Day!
Seems like a nice guy too.

Just bumping this post from April..

Possible that McGovern will be limited in the GF; essential that Cox does better in that matchup than he did in the QF. If McGovern is under the ball, run and jump at it and stick your knees into his back at every opportunity.

Possible that McGovern will be limited in the GF; essential that Cox does better in that matchup than he did in the QF. If McGovern is under the ball, run and jump at it and stick your knees into his back at every opportunity.
Cox should be being mentored by Jeremy Howe.

Just imagine that.............!

Jeza cubed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really pleased that Cox lifted and turned a poor first half grand final into a much stronger second half. Shows good development.

They were very good at spoiling the marking contests. We just needed to get to his feet more than we did. Rarely out marked. But ultimately they had too many contested marking options and that is that. We were lucky to still be alive as late as we were for the umpire to have an impact.

Could have been over well before the last goal if Cox did t turn around his game at half time.

A lot to work with, just needed a bit more from him in the ruck today with Vardy and Lycett.

Great finish to the year for him and hope he can build on it in 2019

He was a key reason we were still in touch in the last.

2nd half was very good.

He was a key reason we didn't have the game iced at half time. ****ing worst first half I have seen.

Those who think we don't need KPF as bad as we do a kpd have rocks in their heads.

Relying on a bloke who rocks up to play 1 in 5 weeks...

Improved in 2nd half but still long way off it.

Better than we expected him to be. Still struggles to read the ball in flight, so hopefully he can work on that and become dominant. The signs are there. When he's on, he's a match winner, but against strong bodies, he still has improvement to come.

He was a key reason we didn't have the game iced at half time. ******* worst first half I have seen.

Those who think we don't need KPF as bad as we do a kpd have rocks in their heads.

Relying on a bloke who rocks up to play 1 in 5 weeks...

Improved in 2nd half but still long way off it.
Our delivery ti him was pretty bad.
Chopped off the whole time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back