Analysis Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol now we are suggesting Thomas’ form was down because of cox?
Faaark me the delusion just gets better and better.

Mate Travis cloke used to attract more defenders in genuine fear
Teams don’t fear Cox—-despite what you may think.
yes it impacts other players form. It's no coincidence that teams historically win the flags with consistency in team line-ups and playing 50 odd games together as a group. Listen to riewolt speak about how his still learning how to play with lynch.

yes it impacts other players form. It's no coincidence that teams historically win the flags with consistency in team line-ups and playing 50 odd games together as a group. Listen to riewolt speak about how his still learning how to play with lynch.

Lynch is a genuine superstar
Cox is average at best

If you put Cox in Richmond he doesn’t kick 60

You put Lynch in collingwood and he still kicks his 60

That’s the difference in a player
Not this 50 game consistency justification garbage.

Lynch is a genuine superstar
Cox is average at best

If you put Cox in Richmond he doesn’t kick 60

You put Lynch in collingwood and he still kicks his 60

That’s the difference in a player
Not this 50 game consistency justification garbage.
being elite or the 22Nd player picked is irrelevant to the players importance to team structure. If I wanted elite individual I'd watch tennis

being elite or the 22Nd player picked is irrelevant to the players importance to team structure. If I wanted elite individual I'd watch tennis

As I said, if you want to continue to select a player just because they’re tall, that has to be the dumbest thing I’ve heard.

This is elite level football—-not markers up at the Sunday picnic in the park against smaller family members.

As I said, if you want to continue to select a player just because they’re tall, that has to be the dumbest thing I’ve heard.

This is elite level football—-not markers up at the Sunday picnic in the park against smaller family members.
You can't pick what we don't have. We don't have buddy Franklin or lynch. So is Cox our best forward option then yes he is. We don't have a 2nd ruck option. Perhaps roughed but that unsettling the back line. From players that we have available. Structural then who do / would you pick? Max lynch. Magden up forward?

Mason needs to be sat down and asked ‘do you really really want to do this as you need to hit the gym, hit the track and watch and learn from the greats’
We need him firing and throwing his weight around. He needs to scare defenders and make them panic.
We need 1/2 dozen dominate games like the win over the Tigers in the 2018 prelim from him.
I hope he wants it and delivers it.

Cox needs to do a pre season at Macca's, fatten the fu** up and do some weights, then the opposition might be afraid of him

Most oppositions are already afraid enough of him to play two on him, to block his run for the ball and to hold, harass and tunnel him at marking contests. How much more afraid do you want? If Cox got half the frees that Jack, Tom and Jeremy get....
Most people having a go at the big bloke this year aren't remembering that he only played half a season. So an inexperienced KPF that get's the treatment from oppo defenders AND is playing injured. Recipe for a great year? Methinks not.

There's no doubt we missed Cox in the finals. he has his deficiencies, but we always look a better side with him there. We have such dangerous forwards, and he just ensures he attracts attention and brings the ball to ground. I'd have loved him to be playing last week.

But he also isn't a quality KPF. We need someone better. Unless he puts a bit more bulk on, learns to read the ball better in the air, and learns to stand his ground in a marking contest, then he'll always just have the one trick...which is to run and launch at the ball. Smart defenders take this away more often than not. We can whinge for more free kicks, but it won't happen because the good defenders are experts at just dong it subtly to avoid giving away a free kick. Ultimately, he needs to learn to hold his ground in a contest and out-body his opponent. At age 28, it's unlikely we'll see sharp improvement.

But, would have been nice to have him on Saturday.

There's no doubt we missed Cox in the finals. he has his deficiencies, but we always look a better side with him there. We have such dangerous forwards, and he just ensures he attracts attention and brings the ball to ground. I'd have loved him to be playing last week.

But he also isn't a quality KPF. We need someone better. Unless he puts a bit more bulk on, learns to read the ball better in the air, and learns to stand his ground in a marking contest, then he'll always just have the one trick...which is to run and launch at the ball. Smart defenders take this away more often than not. We can whinge for more free kicks, but it won't happen because the good defenders are experts at just dong it subtly to avoid giving away a free kick. Ultimately, he needs to learn to hold his ground in a contest and out-body his opponent. At age 28, it's unlikely we'll see sharp improvement.

But, would have been nice to have him on Saturday.

That's the crux of the issue. In a perfect world, Cox would be playing as a 2nd KPF/2nd ruck option and Mihocek would be playing as the 3rd tall. Finding the KPF who has the ability to hold down that no1 KPF spot, and the pace and agility to complement that structure though is where it gets tough.

That's the crux of the issue. In a perfect world, Cox would be playing as a 2nd KPF/2nd ruck option and Mihocek would be playing as the 3rd tall. Finding the KPF who has the ability to hold down that no1 KPF spot, and the pace and agility to complement that structure though is where it gets tough.

Daniher

Doubt we've got what we'd need to get a deal like that done. RFA next year when he's OOC. He's certainly the type though although doesn't necessarily need to be a 200cm player, a 193-195cm Tim O'Brien type would be just as nice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back