All Australian
Aug 27, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Olympiacos
[YOUTUBE]r3Vx_rfZjfE[/YOUTUBE]

So they're announcing a new game at the VGAs and it looks interesting, from the 5 seconds that we saw of it, to say the least.

It would probably be a good guess to assume that it's an RPG, but I don't know, these guys do have the talent to do something different. Or it could be Mass Effect 3 :p.

Can't wait for the full trailer to find out.

Re: New Bioware Game

The gun makes me think it's going to be Mass Effect 3 and in all honesty that is what it probably will be. But it looks different enough to be a new IP.

Look forward to it regardless.

Everyone knows Mass Effect 3 is eventually coming..

im hoping its a new franchise and something different.. More Bioware the better..

Bioware’s released yet another tease for it’s latest project, and this one seems to point to the website for the British Secret Intelligence.
masseffecting.jpg

http://www.vg247.com/2010/11/21/latest-bioware-tease-points-to-british-secret-intelligence-website/

Sony Russia apparently have given it away as being Mass Effect 3. Definitely can take it with a grain of salt, but Sony Russia also pre-empted the GT5 delay...not hard to guess I know, but they did it just days before it was actually delayed.

Source: http://playstationlifestyle.net/201...emingly-confirmed-for-the-ps3-by-scee-russia/
With Spike TV’s VGA 2010 event planned for December 11th, a teaser for Bioware’s next title was shown and had fans guessing as to what it could be. It seems that the guessing game is over, if a recent tweet by SCEE Russia turns out to be true, it looks as if fans of ME won’t have to wait much longer for the first glimpse of Mass Effect 3.

The company Bioware for premium VGA showed a teaser in which we can see the first shots of Mass Effect 3.

Would also be EXTREMELY surprised if that link that Drax posted ended up turning out to be anything but a complete fallacy.

The first thing that really gives it away would be why would Bioware, a company that is arguably the greatest RPG developer of all time suddenly move into the competitive MP genre?!

Rumor: Mass Effect 3 to be revealed at the VGAs, will include multiplayer
Joystiq has learned from a trusted source that BioWare's enigmatic teaser from last month represents the first glimpse of Mass Effect 3. As many have guessed, the third installment looks to feature something brand new to the series: multiplayer. We're currently unable to confirm that the multiplayer component will be part of the game's unveiling at the upcoming Spike Video Game Awards.

The Spike VGAs will air this Saturday night, preceded by a good deal of internet speculation brought on by the above teaser image. As spotted by one of our commenters, Arth Vader, the gun above looks exactly like the M-29 Incisor Sniper Rifle from Mass Effect 2. BioWare has also blasted out curious QR codes via its Twitter feed, all of which indirectly reference things from the Mass Effect universe, including the Vostok system and the surface temperature of the planet Aequitas.

Source:Joystiq

Really hope it is Mass Effect 3 but not sure about the multiplayer. Sure you could look at Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and say they pulled it off pretty well but at the end of the day they're very different games. Mass Effect is all about making choices and I'm not sure how they'd translate that into multiplayer (if the rumour is true).

Really hope it is Mass Effect 3 but not sure about the multiplayer. Sure you could look at Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and say they pulled it off pretty well but at the end of the day they're very different games. Mass Effect is all about making choices and I'm not sure how they'd translate that into multiplayer (if the rumour is true).

You would guess at the MP being separate to the main game. Generic characters etc.

You would guess at the MP being separate to the main game. Generic characters etc.

Yeah that's a fair guess since ME2 turned it more into a third-person shooter than it was before. It just depends on what they do to make it interesting. They didn't mention if it was competitive or co-operative multiplayer either so it could be either one, or both.

Having not played ME as of yet I can't comment on exactly how good it'd be to play in MP, but I really don't see why it's needed when the SP can run people up to 60+ hours.

But maybe it all stems from comments yesterday from an EA rep saying the 'offline only' games are all but done.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/eas-gibeau-thinks-the-offline-game-model-is-finished/2771/

Getting sick of the "ALL GAMES NEED MP" motto that every publisher has nowadays. I don't mind co-op, but competitive MP would be wasted for ME from what I can tell.

With the litle gameplay i had of the first ME(a few hours) i'm not sure how MP is going to work.
Never played ME2(just cant get into RPG's) so my opinion might not mean much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mass Effect 3 outed on EA Store [Update: Listing yanked by EA]
The EA Store has added a pre-order listing for Mass Effect 3 for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. The listing includes a description that notes the "Earth is burning" and Commander Shepard (that's you!) has to gather the races of the galaxy to launch "one final mission" against machines striking from beyond known space.

No release window is provided on the site. Well, we guess that confirms the rumors we've been hearing about. The game is expected to be officially announced tomorrow during the 2010 VGAs on Spike. Just in case the page gets pulled, we've saved a full screengrab after the break, along with the game's description, just below. Also of note, the search screen which lists Mass Effect 3 releases for the PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 platforms. This, of course, is likely placeholder data (evidenced by the PC release's unlikely $59.95 price tag) and there's no release dates, placeholder or otherwise, so it's anybody's guess as to whether all three versions will be released simultaneously.
me3-ea-store-580.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/10/mass-effect-3-outed-on-ea-store/

Confirmed I guess?

Mass Effect 3: Exclusive Debut Trailer
[YOUTUBE]EdjaxnOcoZs[/YOUTUBE]

Brb, getting new pants.

Might as well change the thread name too Ant :).

I dunno if it means anything, but it's interesting that there were no mentions of Platforms at the end of the demo. Signifying this might be a full multiplatform release maybe?

Also very interesting that there'll only be about a year and a half from ME2 to ME3. Considering the 2 and a half year break between ME1 and ME2 and the difference in gameplay, etc. that brought is anyone worried this might be getting rushed out a little quick? Or do you feel it's polished enough from ME2 that there's no real need for big improvements?

Mass Effect 3: Exclusive Debut Trailer
[YOUTUBE]EdjaxnOcoZs[/YOUTUBE]

Brb, getting new pants.

Ditto... I watched the video before reading your post, after it finished I said to my missus "I need to change my pants" and was going to post words to that effect only to see you already had. :thumbsu:

Also very interesting that there'll only be about a year and a half from ME2 to ME3. Considering the 2 and a half year break between ME1 and ME2 and the difference in gameplay, etc. that brought is anyone worried this might be getting rushed out a little quick? Or do you feel it's polished enough from ME2 that there's no real need for big improvements?

Nahhh not worried at all with Bioware at the helm.

1st) ME1 and ME2 (plus other games) have given them the funds/knowledge to throw at ME3.

2nd) I reckon they would have been developing core parts of ME3 whilst doing ME2, so the story/game would flow through easier.

Yeah... now real big improvements needed for ME3. Perhaps rework the mining/resources mini-game, perhaps add in a controllable Normandy for a mission or 2 (where your upgrades count more).

Great debut trailer! This will be my most anticipated game ever, can't wait :thumbsu: Does anyone recognise the guy talking? (assuming its the person in the video) Maybe he'll have a role to play if your Shepard died in ME2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Mass Effect 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back