Multiplat Mass Effect 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Then they would have plenty of rug to munch.

Unless that get the Ewokian Wax... like the Brazilian but the entire body.

Garry Lyon could use an Ewokian. :D

Lux Aeterna is one of the most iconic dramatic tunes of all time, if he brings anything close to that quality to ME3 then you know you're onto a good thing. Interesting to see how he goes on his first video game though.

Gotta love that some composers aren't scared of the video game medium or don't look down on it. This guy has finished working on one of the biggest movies of the past year and could just about do any big blockbuster movie from here, but he goes to a video game. Good stuff.

I really hope something happens with the Rachni. Remember in ME 1 when you chose to kill the queen or not? Then in ME 2, for me because I let her live, there were rumours of Rachni ships.

Hopefully there is something pretty big with that!

I really hope something happens with the Rachni. Remember in ME 1 when you chose to kill the queen or not? Then in ME 2, for me because I let her live, there were rumours of Rachni ships.

Hopefully there is something pretty big with that!

I'm fairly certain that they will be used in some capacity in ME3. Quote from the ME2 wiki:
"If the Rachni Queen was spared, Shepard will encounter an asari on Illium who is in contact with the rachni. The asari tells Shepard that the Queen believes Shepard is fighting the enemy who "soured the song of" the rachni. She also states that the queen is building an army to fight them when they arrive in force, based on an otherwise unexplored planet. Shepard concludes that the enemy the message refers to is the Reapers. Additionally, a news report reveals several mysterious ships have been sighted that match rachni designs; the Citadel Council has pledged to investigate these sightings. This appears to indicate that the rachni have progressed extensively in the two years since Shepard freed the Queen. The asari on Illium confirms that they have at least advanced sufficiently to be capable of repairing a damaged starship."

Pushed to the first 3 months of 2012. Giving the game a 2 year cycle from ME2.

Source: http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2011/5/4/mass_effect_3_delayed_into/
From a forum post by Chris Priestly at Bioware: “Today we have confirmed that Mass Effect 3 will be released in the first three months of 2012. The development team is laser focused on making sure Mass Effect 3 is the biggest, boldest and best game in the series, ensuring that it exceeds everyone’s expectations.” said Casey Hudson, Executive Producer Mass Effect series.

“We’ll have more details about specific dates as we get closer to release.”

Im going to give Mass Effect another go, long dialogue sequences turned me off the first time. But reading the plot of the games as got me intrigued again.

Question, does importing your character from ME1 into ME2 enhance the experience more than if you start from scratch with ME2?

Im going to give Mass Effect another go, long dialogue sequences turned me off the first time. But reading the plot of the games as got me intrigued again.

Question, does importing your character from ME1 into ME2 enhance the experience more than if you start from scratch with ME2?

undoubtedly yes, i first played through ME2 without a save file, as my ME1 files had been corrupted (long story)

after i played it i installed ME1 again, played through and then played through ME2 a second time with that save file

much better experience, you can see relationships develop from previous games and just feel more connected to the game in general

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slightly disappointed but it will free up time to allow me to complete/play other games on my "to do" list.

That being said Q1 2012 could be a busy period:

- ME3.
- surely a COD will come out in Nov 2011.
- Diablo 3 is slated for later this year, but my bet is on that to be pushed into Q1 2012 too.
- plus whatever other "Christmas" titles are released.

Couldnt care less about which other games come out at the same time, ME3 will be the game of the year. Doubt I will play anything else till I have completed it at least once.

Happy with the delay too. This is the final game of the series, they should take as long as they need to make the game perfect.

Couldnt care less about which other games come out at the same time, ME3 will be the game of the year. Doubt I will play anything else till I have completed it at least once.

Happy with the delay too. This is the final game of the series, they should take as long as they need to make the game perfect.

You reckon you'll do another play-through of 1 & 2?

Im still trying to finish a Renegade playthrough of ME1 and 2, lack of time has kind of stymied that. There was a line in an article on the previous page:

Finally, for those who've missed out on the series so far (shame on you) GI says Mass Effect 3 will feature a "previously on Mass Effect" comic to make decisions from scratch.

Makes me think its not really necessary if your only doing it for a character to take across. I can see myself playing ME2 again at some stage, but ME1 just feels like a bit of a drag in comparison.

From what I can gather, they are going to find a nice middleground between ME1 and 2. Bring back some of the inventory from the first game but don't give us 20 different versions of the same gun.

I'll definitely be doing a full ME1, ME2 and all DLC playthrough before the third game comes out. I did it before the second with ME1.

Just such a well crafted story. You know you're in love with a game (or movie) when you sit through the entire credits.

I'd love it if they had credits like they did in Return of the King, instead of the usual black screen. It would be nice for the general public to put some names to faces.

tumblr_ld6ffsFq7w1qfti5wo1_500.jpg

Im still trying to finish a Renegade playthrough of ME1 and 2, lack of time has kind of stymied that. There was a line in an article on the previous page:

Makes me think its not really necessary if your only doing it for a character to take across. I can see myself playing ME2 again at some stage, but ME1 just feels like a bit of a drag in comparison.

The boring bits of ME1 were the inventory management and the side quests. Almost all of the sidequests have no bearing on the later games (well, they didn't on ME2) so you can just skip them on your playthrough.

I'll be using my same Shepherd again. I just can't fathom playing Mass Effect without him. He is Shepherd. When I see the default guy or anyone else I reckon they look weird. By doing that he already starts with awesome stats and guns so you don't need to bother doing sidequests just for XP.

It'll be alright. The RPG components they removed from ME1 were the worse parts of the game. The best part of the game is the dialogue and story options. I think it will be more about what they ad. More cinematic cutscenes I would guess.

I guess it depends what sort of games you like. Yes, the inventory system was cluttered in ME1 but it was nice to have some sort of customization. Dialogue in ME2 was better, but the overall plot wasn't as immersing and didn't have as many mind blowing moments (the whole build your squad up for one mission being the actual story of ME2 dictated that.) The fact that the EA boss has said they delay was to '..essentially address a far larger market opportunity than Mass Effect 1 did and Mass Effect 2 began to approach...' suggests we will see even more streamlining and probably a game direction that is linearly dictated by your choices in ME1 and ME2. Or, I'm wrong, and Bioware are polishing and perfecting the game into something that combines the best of ME1 and ME2. Hopefully I am wrong.

I guess it depends what sort of games you like. Yes, the inventory system was cluttered in ME1 but it was nice to have some sort of customization. Dialogue in ME2 was better, but the overall plot wasn't as immersing and didn't have as many mind blowing moments (the whole build your squad up for one mission being the actual story of ME2 dictated that.) The fact that the EA boss has said they delay was to '..essentially address a far larger market opportunity than Mass Effect 1 did and Mass Effect 2 began to approach...' suggests we will see even more streamlining and probably a game direction that is linearly dictated by your choices in ME1 and ME2. Or, I'm wrong, and Bioware are polishing and perfecting the game into something that combines the best of ME1 and ME2. Hopefully I am wrong.

Agree with your views on the differences between 1 & 2. God I hope you're wrong about 3. A completely linear story and dialogue would ruin it for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Mass Effect 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back