Masten Criticism

Remove this Banner Ad

last year, a couple of games into the season, i met a pretty maggot version of him and a mate in the city. i just thought he should pull his socks up and start concentrating on footy, seeing as he's being paid to be an elite athelete

then you should of seen what Josh Kennedy was doing :D

but in all seriousness, they are young, and they are still kids they aren't going to fk themselves over and risk jeopardizing their careers for a few drinks, sometimes you gotta enjoy yourselves, have fun, but obviously not take it too far.

Can someone tell me how his name is pronounced?

We had a poll before and most people said Mast-en, but the commentators usually say Mass-ten (although on the weekend they said both).

Also for anyone who missed the game here are the highlights of Mastens game (it's on the AFL website so it might not work).

We had a poll before and most people said Mast-en, but the commentators usually say Mass-ten (although on the weekend they said both).

Also for anyone who missed the game here are the highlights of Mastens game (it's on the AFL website so it might not work).

It's pronounced "Mar-sten".

I say Mass-ten, mainly coz I'd feel like a pretentious jerk if I pronounced it the other way. I enjoy it when the commentators pronounce it "Mars-ten" though, it does sound a bit classier.

Mar-sten. He confirms it at the end of this interview. http://bigpondvideo.com/afl/194625

Yeh on Footy Classified Hutchy seemed to think Masten was taken in the same draft as Daniel Rich, while Lyon's input was, "Yeh I'm not sure, think he was taken in the top 10."

Yeh on Footy Classified Hutchy seemed to think Masten was taken in the same draft as Daniel Rich, while Lyon's input was, "Yeh I'm not sure, think he was taken in the top 10."

To which Hutchy then said "I think so, definitely first round. But hes had a good last two weeks" ... absolutely clueless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its actually very good signs for the future of the club in general. It seems that Masten is starting to show the faith that we all had for him at the start of the year.

If he can finish this season with this strong form, get another preseason into him and come out next year doing the same thing it will give opposition coaches another option to tag...

Geez I hope it happens that way at the start of next year. As soon as Kerr is even semi fit and we have another midfield option to release pressure of Kerr it will greatly improve our team. I hoped that this would of been the case this year and that Masten would of been ready for that at the start of the year, at least he is showing the good form at the end of this year to sudgest that he will be able to take pressure off Kerr next year.

Its actually very good signs for the future of the club in general. It seems that Masten is starting to show the faith that we all had for him at the start of the year.

If he can finish this season with this strong form, get another preseason into him and come out next year doing the same thing it will give opposition coaches another option to tag...

Geez I hope it happens that way at the start of next year. As soon as Kerr is even semi fit and we have another midfield option to release pressure of Kerr it will greatly improve our team. I hoped that this would of been the case this year and that Masten would of been ready for that at the start of the year, at least he is showing the good form at the end of this year to sudgest that he will be able to take pressure off Kerr next year.

Most definitely and I am hoping for the same. Though if Ebert and Scooter can vastly improve as well, that gives us more options and should free up Kerr a little bit more.

I wonder if they know where Cotchin and Morton went?

Geez though im on BigFooty for like 2-3 hours in total a week and I watch 3-4 footy games on the weekend ie, "casual observer" and I rekon Id know more about things like that.

Most definitely and I am hoping for the same. Though if Ebert and Scooter can vastly improve as well, that gives us more options and should free up Kerr a little bit more.

I rekon Scooter has improved 10% on what he put out last year, Ebert seems to have gone backwards a little (being ultra critical) though but is still good. Hoping that both can crack the 20 posession a game barrier frequently next year.

I rekon Scooter has improved 10% on what he put out last year, Ebert seems to have gone backwards a little (being ultra critical) though but is still good. Hoping that both can crack the 20 posession a game barrier frequently next year.

Again, it boils back down to preparation. Ebert had even less of a preseason than Masten - they were both recovering from the same operation but Ebert had his around 3-4 weeks later. Really he should be playing WAFL, but we need to pump games into him.

Harsh on Scooter as well, I think he's improved at least 30-40%. Stats aren't everything mate. His extra strength and fitness is allowing him to have a bigger impact on the game. He may not be getting massive disposal numbers, but he's getting plenty of clearances and tackles.

In a couple of years each of these trio are going to be great players, I have little doubt about that. Their different styles should complement each other very nicely too I'd imagine. Then throw Shuey and Swift in there too :thumbsu:

Yer I believe Selwood really had a step up from last year as he was having more impact this year.

I agree Ebert hasn't come as far as Selwood or Masten but I definately think he has improved. Definately hasn't gone backward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Masten Criticism

Remove this Banner Ad

Back