Game Day Match Sim vs Hawthorn - Daz can’t be effed making a new one

Remove this Banner Ad

Did we really learn much about best 23?
Yes

We need to petition the AFL to have permission to select 30 players each week and that we shouldn't be restricted to just 23

So Bruhn and Bowes are miles ahead of J Clark?

I would hope that both Bruhn & Bowes would be ahead of Clark - they've got extra pre-seasons & actual AFL experience under their belts that Clark doesn't

If they weren't ahead of Clark in their preparation & output, it would say more about them then it would about Clark

So Bruhn and Bowes are miles ahead of J Clark?
Bruhn and Henry both look like their CV ... played 30 games in their first two years and ready to go. Bowes would have shaken a few up that thought he was only here for the P7/P8. Geelong were interested even before the pick and his money were attached. Clark in a normal year for us would have been fine. He could come out in the next game and play better or he may take a while. I liked the look of Riccarrdi but he will take a while too.What was disappointing was the lack of youthful talls baring Sam Dek.

It was a blow out the cobwebs scratch match. I would not write anyone off based on one game... and id suggest one should really not be definitive on any draftee till he has been on the list a couple of years. Having said that, id say you could get good odds onw which of those two will play the most games in their careers ... for mine I think Clark will play at least 100 games for Geelong, and Riccardi I have no fixed number yet.
I think we can write a few players off though. They were all wearing brown

Last edited:
Did we really learn much about best 23?

Tanner is in it (which i said ages ago).
Bowes will probably be in it.
OH may force his way in while hawkins is out at least.

A couple of guys from the best 23 will drop out (maybe oconnor playing the vfl game was something we may see more of).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bowes actually looked all class with ball in hand.

Extremely good start for him and potentially a big bonus get for us.

Can only assume he would make our best team as long as he continues that type of form and isn’t injured (he only played half a game for some reason).

He also adds flexibility.
Yet like Bruhn all over summer you told us he is only a VFL player,

After watching the replay (was busy live) it was clear we didn't get out of second gear and tried various things to see how they played out against someone that wasn't us.

Was very impressed with Henry and Bowes but the one that surprised me the most was Bruhn as i thought he would take longer to adjust compared to the other 2.

Sav showing he will at least be useful backup if we need him for a few games.

The rest not much to write home about as i said we didn't really try.

You would have been happy to see Bruhn and Bowes, play well as you did not rate both.
They played well (especially Bowes).

I have a bigger write up a page or so back.

Happy with the outcome... Hawthorn are basically a VFL level team though and almost bottom 2 locks.

Plenty of good things to build on though.

They played well (especially Bowes).

I have a bigger write up a page or so back.

Happy with the outcome... Hawthorn are basically a VFL level team though and almost bottom 2 locks.

Plenty of good things to build on though.
I think you judged them both on last year, and both did not have great years last year, but both are better than last years form

Yet like Bruhn all over summer you told us he is only a VFL player,
Plenty of people have seemed to take my take on Bruhn the wrong way.

Whenever people have stated things like “I rate him” or “he will be a gun” I always ask them for specifics on why they feel that way.

I have probably wrote 10 times that he was mismanaged and played out of position at GWS.

He was the only ready to go key position backup that could play back, forward or even ruck if needed.

It was probably a very easy call not to trade him unless we got back what we wanted.

Once the afl blocked port from trading their future 2nd the trade was dead.
That said sav is ooc this year so i doubt that will happen again id say theres a good chance he asks for a trade again and goes but it probably depends on if hes best 23 by years end.

Plenty of people have seemed to take my take on Bruhn the wrong way.

Whenever people have stated things like “I rate him” or “he will be a gun” I always ask them for specifics on why they feel that way.

I have probably wrote 10 times that he was mismanaged and played out of position at GWS.

For me the biggest thing with bruhn is just his footy iq..hes not super fast but he reads the play and gets to the right spots..that and his work in the contest tells me he will have a long career imo.

For me the biggest thing with bruhn is just his footy iq..hes not super fast but he reads the play and gets to the right spots..that and his work in the contest tells me he will have a long career imo.
Surprising how aggressive he is. Even Tuohy pointed out that they just did not know how in an under he was. That’s a real Selwood trait. We’ve got a lot of players who just slot in and continue to help us maintain our contested possession advantage and our precise field kicking advantage.

For Geelong to add three players who could be legit selection options in the right end of the age graph ... shows we had a brilliant trade period.

I think Bruhn showed what his best position is. Can he , Parfitt , Axe play all together.. and Clark will push for games in the not to distance future.

Bowes , if he stays fit, will have the media screaming rort, once he gets comfortable playing in a winning side , he will be a great addition.

I agree on Henry. His kicking has always been on adequate. If he can focus on that, he could be huge
Bruhn is easily going to surpass parfitt. Not sure how parfitt fits into this side to be frank. I easily have bruhn ahead of him after that bull like inside mid showing.

His not slow either, he has a nice side step and navigation around the contest. Pace is definitely not an issue from watching him. He would be upper average category for pace if you probably want to give a specific.

What impressed me was how aggressive he is at the contest to win the ball but also attack the opposition with the ball. He was easily BOG for mine

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Match Sim vs Hawthorn - Daz can’t be effed making a new one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back