Game Day Match Sim vs Hawthorn - Daz can’t be effed making a new one

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane Lions vs Geelong CatsBrighton Homes ArenaLIVE: Thu March 2nd – 8:10 pm AEDTFoxtel / Kayo
Match Simulations
Geelong Cats vs HawthornGMHBA StadiumLIVE: Thu February 23rd – 4:00 pm AEDTKayo

Damn going to need to give Murdoch some more money a month earlier than planned. Suppose get to watch the cricket in India as a consolation.

Damn going to need to give Murdoch some more money a month earlier than planned. Suppose get to watch the cricket in India as a consolation.
You sure about that? All signs so far point to us being about as competitive as GWS was throughout the 2012 AFL season.

You sure about that? All signs so far point to us being about as competitive as GWS was throughout the 2012 AFL season.

Yeah we will get spanked, I've never really cared about cricket on the sub continent. They doctor the wickets hardcore over there and then refuse to play at the Gabba against the pink ball or at the WACA, back in the day, when they come here.

Last edited:
For anyone bored of watching the grand final reply, I’ve just realise the afl app has replays and stats for all of the pre season matches from 2013 onward. There’s some real blast from the past draftees running around.

Ummm.... excuse me?!!?

Mods.. MODS.... Red card!

Will be good to see some of the kids run around. Although it's a practice match, I remember Stengle's performance last year fondly. Really got me excited about what he could offer the club and he just got better from there on in.

Will be interesting to see them throw the magnets around, and hopefully during a win against the old enemy (can you win games that have 8 'quarters'?)

Anyway, hopefully there's some positives to be had on what should be the beginning of another great year.

For anyone bored of watching the grand final reply, I’ve just realise the afl app has replays and stats for all of the pre season matches from 2013 onward. There’s some real blast from the past draftees running around.
For a bit of a change, I watched the 2007 final series over the past week. :) Number of similarities between 2007 and 2022 GFs - Opposition had trouble finding any marking targets in the forward 50, defense was a wall, we scored heavily on their turnovers, if we had of kicked straight it would have been more of a blood bath. The main difference in the game play was the handball - 2007 team was elite in using it to get out of trouble in defense.

Practice match fixture: Check out who your club is playing​

The Lions will play an official men's match at their new home base for the first time, while Carlton will travel to Sydney to face the Swans
By Martin Smith on Jan 31, 2023, 2:00pm
alWNFAAf.jpg

mwTRMURc.jpg

Unofficial match simulations​

Thursday, February 23
Geelong v Hawthorn, GMHBA Stadium, 4pm AEDT (4 x 20 min plus time on)
Gold Coast v Essendon, Austworld Centre Oval (Carrara), 4pm AEST (5pm AEDT), (6 x 25 min, no time on)
Friday, February 24
North Melbourne v Richmond, Arden St, 10am AEDT (4 x 25 mins, 2 x 20 mins, no time on)
Carlton v Collingwood, Ikon Park, 11am AEDT (4 x 25 min, no time on)
Sydney v Brisbane, Tramway Oval (Moore Park), 12pm AEDT (4 x 25 min, no time on)
St Kilda v Melbourne, RSEA Park, 4pm AEDT (6 x 25 min, no time on)
Fremantle v Adelaide, Victor George Kailis Oval (Cockburn), 3.30pm AWST (6.30pm AEDT), (6 x 25 min, no time on)
West Coast v Port Adelaide, Mineral Resources Park (Perth) 4.40pm AWST (7.40pm AEDT), (4 x 28 min, 2 x 20 min, no time on)

Watch eight periods of play between the two sides over the afternoon at the Cattery.

This was in the initial post, found on the GFC website
I don’t know if anyone knows what the go is
I wouldn’t be surprised to see 8 periods of 15 minutes
It's 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are definitely saying 8 periods. I’ve also read the initial 4 quarters.
I think it might be an initial 4 periods for the VFL team and then 4 periods for AFL, with the AFL starting around the time to Kayo stream starts but I’m most likely wrong. Last year it was a heap of quarters with the VFL squad playing towards the end….

Do you have a link?
I read last week it was 4 quartes of 20+ time on.
Can’t find the link but what I copied in the initial post was from there Instagram story which sent me to the website

I’ve also read just now on Honeyball that it’s 4 x 20 minute quarters plus time on

Where there’s a lot of other teams doing 6 periods of 25 minutes no time on

I think it might be an initial 4 periods for the VFL team and then 4 periods for AFL, with the AFL starting around the time to Kayo stream starts but I’m most likely wrong. Last year it was a heap of quarters with the VFL squad playing towards the end….
The vfl have advertised a pre season match against box hill this Thursday in Geelong. Not sure if it’ll be at 7pm or 1pm, but I’m sure they’ll be some players playing one or two quarters of both games.

The vfl have advertised a pre season match against box hill this Thursday in Geelong. Not sure if it’ll be at 7pm or 1pm, but I’m sure they’ll be some players playing one or two quarters of both games.
I’m going with 7pm
They will play players that need extra fitness in the vfl game even if it’s just for 1/4

Could this be the 4 quarter discrepancy in info about the hit out...ie. the "VFL " types play a curtain raiser or curtain downer to the AFL practice match.
As per the Richmond praccy (last year?)

Hi guys, just came to see if this “game” is on Kayo and it looks like you’ve searched and found the answer. Cheers for that.

Not the greatest of luck for Cooper to get a knock in the intraclub when trying to get into the 22, I’m sure he had his eye set on having a kick against his mates.

Hopefully both sides just get through without any concerns or niggles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Match Sim vs Hawthorn - Daz can’t be effed making a new one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back