Game Day Match Sim vs Hawthorn - Daz can’t be effed making a new one

Remove this Banner Ad

Last year there was no footage of this no foxtel or kayo, but some legend on here found a way to watch it on you tube.
I watched it on kayo.

Why are you so condescending?

From memory Kayo covered our match sim with Richmond last year.
I was there watching it live and on Kayo at the same time.... I think.

Probably do the same this year aswell.
I wasn't dreaming it then. Thanks.

Will Cooper Stephens feature, and does anyone think he has the potential to be another JOSH KENNEDY (Swans')?
Big bodied mid starved of opportunities, transfers and stars...
No qualms that we released him, but starved he was at Geelong for obvious reasons.

No. He will be a decent role player at afl level i think but not an A grader like JPK.

Meh - barely above a combined training session. Wont keep score, I guess most of the guys will be out for a bit of touch-free footy, but will transform into a try-out session for wannabee VFL squad players. If streamed I'll watch for a bit for what hopefully be the standout highlight - Oisin kicking the pigskin.
This is all true, and yet, I will almost certainly watch it live and on replay at least twice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8 periods, I thought it was just a normal match?
Why not just have vfl match and than an afl match if it’s 8 periods?
Seems unnecessarily complicated. Is this gonna go for 4-5 hours?
4 20 minute quarters plus time on.

Does anyone remember the 2006 Ansett/Wizard/NAB Cup GF Cats v Adel in Adelaide?

I remember getting really stressed out late in the game and then celebrated wildly when we won
Yep, I was pumped, did the rare thing of wearing a Geelong polo the next day when I went to Yea in country Victoria. Then having Geelong supporters come up to me to comment about the game....so a lot of people were hyped and also relieved to finally get some 'silverware'.

I think it was that same night Labour was re-elected in Tasmania and the Premier, Paul Lennon, was a Geelong supporter and mentioned the win in his victory speech!

Shame the season, after a good start, became horrendous.

Yep, I was pumped, did the rare thing of wearing a Geelong polo the next day when I went to Yea in country Victoria. Then having Geelong supporters come up to me to comment about the game....so a lot of people were hyped and also relieved to finally get some 'silverware'.

I think it was that same night Labour was re-elected in Tasmania and the Premier, Paul Lennon, was a Geelong supporter and mentioned the win in his victory speech!

Shame the season, after a good start, became horrendous.
I went to Yea picnic races last month
Great day out

8 periods, I thought it was just a normal match?
Why not just have vfl match and than an afl match if it’s 8 periods?
Seems unnecessarily complicated. Is this gonna go for 4-5 hours?

The flexibility is great for us, we have a 34 player squad we'd like to rotate through. We'll be able to test out combinations of our depth with our better player without being forced to exclude a dozen of them

Last edited:
Nice looks like i will be signing back up to Kayo sooner than i thought
No Kayo option for me … and nothing on fox tel.. better get streamed for us overseas peeps… I’ll be pissed!

Go Catters

Does anyone remember the 2006 Ansett/Wizard/NAB Cup GF Cats v Adel in Adelaide?

I remember getting really stressed out late in the game and then celebrated wildly when we won

Yup!
Had to come back from behind in the last to win, first "Premiership" of any kind for a long time so absolutely celebrated it, then got a bit embarrassed when I remembered it's a semi serious pre-season comp...
Was still good to win it though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Match Sim vs Hawthorn - Daz can’t be effed making a new one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back