Mathematical formula for player value movements

Remove this Banner Ad

SnIcKeRs #3 said:
so that means if skipper scores 50 this week he will rise 25,730
You're a few hundred dollars off but close enough.

D0nk said:
By my calculations and rounding to the nearest 100 I get 9700.
Nup. You're pretty close though.

Delroy said:
If Cox gets 100 this week using that one, Ive got him as going down 9960?

Or have I done it wrong
Wrong aswell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll go down slightly with 70.

I'm lost to where you guys are getting 27-28%. What are yo referring to, is that the percentage the player will move from old average to current average?

BTW: 100 points = 366000 (refer Henry Slattery - 0 change after 3 games) <-- or is this wrong?

been getting quite accurate results when using different formulas for players of different starting values (or starting averages as they are related), seems to be a bit more accurate than any other methods i have seen.
not working for all players however eg. beau waters, robert murphy. waters could be explained as having a differenet formula since he playerd no games last year. Is anybody able to get an accurate result for robert murphy? (rise of $5200, starting price 342900, current avg 99, 2005 avg 82.5)

Pixies said:
been getting quite accurate results when using different formulas for players of different starting values (or starting averages as they are related), seems to be a bit more accurate than any other methods i have seen.
not working for all players however eg. beau waters, robert murphy. waters could be explained as having a differenet formula since he playerd no games last year. Is anybody able to get an accurate result for robert murphy? (rise of $5200, starting price 342900, current avg 99, 2005 avg 82.5)
Yep, I got it. A tiny bit off but close enough.

By the way, last years average is irrelevant.

I was having problems with Murphy and Waters also, fine-tuend it now and tested on others, pretty accurate I think, will have to wait and see what happens next week.

Edit: This is, of course if they round up or down to the nearest hundred (eg. 1450 would be rounded up to 1500, 1449 down to 1400)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mathematical formula for player value movements

Remove this Banner Ad

Back